Zoe Sugg #22 No strength in her core and still a total and utter bore!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how she will address this whole mess. Surely she can't sit quiet. It's all over the news. The Holly furlough mess is also in the Metro, The Sun, etc. Yet another PR disaster for her. lol.
Oh that’s embarrassing! And Holly as the canon fodder in all this!

been watching a couple of her recent vlogs and noticed in one she is doing an advert for some stick deodorant that apparently she alwayyyyysss uses, but in another vlog where she is getting ready with Mark she has a dove deodorant in view!! If you are going to advertise products Zoe, at least be consistent with it!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I feel shade now because I earn just less than £25k (nhs) and I live in an expensive city 😪 just pissing away money on rent....

Anyway! I doubt Zoe even had a say tbh but that article is hilarious..they really went to town 😂😂 and no you weren't supposed to work originally and be on furlough and they could definitely have afforded to keep her on, even if her Zoe errands were low.

Reactions: 11
The question they need to answer is, would they have made Holly redundant if the government scheme didn’t exist? - I doubt it very much.

she needs to return that money and pay a fine for scamming tax payers. Not just her, every business who has wrongly taken advantage of the scheme

Reactions: 21
Zoe can pay for Holly's yearly salary with one #AD. That's what's ridiculous.

Reactions: 28
Zoe can pay for Holly's yearly salary with one #AD. That's what's ridiculous.
I don't think this is the biggest problem though – many companies put people on furlough although they could technically afford their salaries. The problem is that Holly's work tasks are so ambiguous that it's possible that she has just kept working as normal on tax payers' money. If most of her tasks revolved around running the office (which is currently closed) or events (which are cancelled), then it would make sense to put her work on hold. But if she's still opening PO boxes with Zoe and walking her dog, then she's working and A to Z Creatives should pay her for that, not the government.

Reactions: 17
The scheme was put in place to avoid companies having to make employees redundant, the government offered the help to STRUGGLING companies to minimise unemployment.

If your brand is online and you’re still making hundreds of thousands, you are not struggling. You do not need the taxpayers money. There’s no other way to look at it.

Reactions: 60
The scheme was put in place to avoid companies having to make employees redundant, the government offered the help to STRUGGLING companies to minimise unemployment.

If your brand is online and you’re still making hundreds of thousands, you are not struggling. You do not need the taxpayers money. There’s no other way to look at it.
This. Also Victoria Beckham was morally expected to foot the bill for her employees when that business actually was affected. And that's because, for the most part, those who are more fortunate have been expected to contribute more so than usual, not take tax payers money because they technically can.

Reactions: 15
The only reason Zoe put Holly on furlough is because there is no work for Holly to do in lockdown. So it's easier just to get the government to pay for her than greedy Zoe having to justify paying Holly to do nothing.

Reactions: 12
Zoe and Alfie are literally some of the worst people on earth. Everything bad about humanity summed up in two selfish individuals.

“They were careless people, Tom and Daisy- they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made.”

• Heart
Reactions: 22
To be fair isn't Holly an office manager? You don't exactly need that role when staff aren't in the office. Can't say I blame her for that, there would be no work for Holly to do and that is exactly what the scheme was for.
The need to run the business like a business. Paying for things, particularly salary, out of your own pocket rather than the business is messy and bad practice.

Reactions: 14
I agree that the scheme was there to fund staff who were unable to work due to COVID, it is also fair to assume that many people (myself included) were thrown into the deep end in covering other roles or widening the scope of their jobs. Given that Alfie and Zoe were able to maintain the same level of income, it's reasonable to expect that Holly may have been deployed into another role in the company.

Reactions: 8
To be fair isn't Holly an office manager? You don't exactly need that role when staff aren't in the office. Can't say I blame her for that, there would be no work for Holly to do and that is exactly what the scheme was for.
The need to run the business like a business. Paying for things, particularly salary, out of your own pocket rather than the business is messy and bad practice.
Yeah exactly, and I think all of Zoe's ads go through Gleam agency so I'd guess they control all of that revenue. Then A to Z Creatives controls Zoella brand, and other stuff.....
I do think Holly's salary is low but she seems happy enough. I am curious to know why the rest of the team work as freelancers for the company tho

Reactions: 4
Exactly! Think they're getting a bad wrap about all this.
The amount those two have probably paid in tax why shouldn't they take from the furlough scheme? They're not running a charity!!

Reactions: 8
Exactly! Think they're getting a bad wrap about all this.
The amount those two have probably paid in tax why shouldn't they take from the furlough scheme? They're not running a charity!!
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on this. Yes they pay a lot of tax but as a country, we are going to be heading into a financial depression which will hit everyone hard. If they had a workforce of 100s I'd say yes fair enough, but they are both millionaires who posted between them what I think is 42 posts of advertising. Its,hard to always tell as Zoe tries to hide using the word add or showing she's been paid and some are more than one for a product, so might not have had £20k each post. But even if they both only got paid for half of them, they both made £400k in lockdown on Instagram posts alone (not including stories).

Yes,they played the system which a lot of other companies did.but morally she's disgusting and its no wonder she's being quiet about it. As someone who's job is under threat, I'm thrilled my taxes has been supporting her greed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
Yeah exactly, and I think all of Zoe's ads go through Gleam agency so I'd guess they control all of that revenue. Then A to Z Creatives controls Zoella brand, and other stuff.....
I do think Holly's salary is low but she seems happy enough. I am curious to know why the rest of the team work as freelancers for the company tho

The freelance thing will be to reduce liability in the business. If you employ staff as PAYE, then you take on the liability of their sick pay, pension contributions, NI payments etc. It's a huge cost, and a huge responsibility. You face redundancy payments if you've had them on your books for more than two years etc. Keeping staff as freelance frees you of those responsibilities (and costs) but let's you keep up the façade of being these incredible bosses of a mega-creative empire.

Reactions: 11
DEAD that someones gone to the DMZ
Cumon fess up Mark, it was you wasnt it :ROFLMAO:
Definitely was Mark, he’s jealous that Holly is getting paid more than him for hanging out with Zoe lol

This is her LinkedIn with her previous experience
I’m taking lessons from this. She makes “messaging the girls once a day, dealing with advent calendar drama and taking pics for the gram” look like a proper job!

Imagine if she found another office manager job somewhere else and realised that being an office manager isn’t actually babysitting 30 year old influencers

Reactions: 20
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on this. Yes they pay a lot of tax but as a country, we are going to be heading into a financial depression which will hit everyone hard. If they had a workforce of 100s I'd say yes fair enough, but they are both millionaires who posted between them what I think is 42 posts of advertising. Its,hard to always tell as Zoe tries to hide using the word add or showing she's been paid and some are more than one for a product, so might not have had £20k each post. But even if they both only got paid for half of them, they both made £400k in lockdown on Instagram posts alone (not including stories).

Yes,they played the system which a lot of other companies did.but morally she's disgusting and its no wonder she's being quiet about it. As someone who's job is under threat, I'm thrilled my taxes has been supporting her greed.
You said it perfectly. Also, lets not forget that AtoZ isn't like any other business. She doesn't have the typical costs associated with a normal business - and her "work" nowadays (considering she's basically given up on Youtube) involves posting an ad on social media. I think she can afford to pay Holly's salary with the money she earns from a SINGLE ad.

Reactions: 22
It’s hugely disgusting that she hasn’t continued to pay Holly’s salary herself. I don’t think anyone can possibly justify it or excuse it. She makes millions. Holly is her only real employee. If she had a decent bone in her body, she wouldn’t be burdening this country unnecessarily.
And to those who says she pays taxes... I bet she writes a hell of a lot off on expenses. So no, that doesn’t justify it either.

• Angry
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.