Zoe Sugg #22 No strength in her core and still a total and utter bore!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I had this video in my suggested randomly today and it really bleeping bothered me how much of an entitled prick Alfie is. You can see him walking around doing nothing in the background while Zoe is wrapping all the presents and saying she’s stressed by how much she’s got to do. She’s then worried about being late to visit her family and he tells her “we’re alreDy late now there’s nothing we can do”. She then tells him to be quick in the petrol station and he’s dawdling around and buys a duck tonne of food. I’m so angry for her that she puts up with this
and why the fucks he got headphones in while they're in the car? like whats the point? such a dick

Reactions: 7
Literally what is that picture of them in the mirror... I don’t know any normal couple who would post tit like that on Instagram. Like ffs can’t she just post a silly selfie for once? Or a candid someone took of them? This heavily curated “doing it for the gram, look at my big boobs and teeny tiny waist in my unnecessarily huge house” nonsense is just so fake. And Alfie looks as disinterested as he did day 1

Edited to add: just seen what Alfie posted and, I hate to say it, but he’s done a much better job that she has

Reactions: 27
I've been out all day but saw it is their anniversary...8 years together and still no sign of a ring. Woof. I know not everyone cares about marriage but Zoe so obviously does as she's mentioned it. I remember when my husband and I first got together we had a discussion about what we wanted and I said, I don't think you should be together 5+ years without an engagement... I feel like you should know by that point that you want to be together forever and be married (if that's your thing).

Reactions: 21
I've been out all day but saw it is their anniversary...8 years together and still no sign of a ring. Woof. I know not everyone cares about marriage but Zoe so obviously does as she's mentioned it. I remember when my husband and I first got together we had a discussion about what we wanted and I said, I don't think you should be together 5+ years without an engagement... I feel like you should know by that point that you want to be together forever and be married (if that's your thing).
I respectfully disagree. Of course it's absolutely great for 5 years to be your personal time frame for something like that and I love that you could share that with your husband early on and you were both on the same page. I also appreciate that 5 years is pretty standard for engagements. But assigning that to everyone? Please no. People need longer than that to know what they want for so many different reasons, as well as the fact that marriage is just a social construct that fundamentally means nothing if you've already agreed that you both see yourselves together forever (which lets be honest, they've made it clear they've had that discussion).

I find Zoe and Alfie problematic in so many different ways, but the engagement thing is just such a non issue to me. I actually respect them a smidge more that they haven't done it early to improve their declining relevance.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I respectfully disagree. Of course it's absolutely great for 5 years to be your personal time frame for something like that and I love that you could share that with your husband early on and you were both on the same page. I also appreciate that 5 years is pretty standard for engagements. But assigning that to everyone? Please no. People need longer than that to know what they want for so many different reasons, as well as the fact that marriage is just a social construct that fundamentally means nothing if you've already agreed that you both see yourselves together forever (which lets be honest, they've made it clear they've had that discussion).

I find Zoe and Alfie problematic in so many different ways, but the engagement thing is just such a non issue to me. I actually respect them a smidge more that they haven't done it early to improve their declining relevance.
Yes, couldn’t have said it better myself. I’ve been with my partner for almost the same amount of time and we’re still discussing whether we care to marry at all. People thinking it’s the be-all and end-all of a relationship are setting themselves up to fail and I too have a smidge more respect for them for not doing it.

They both seem like commitmentphobes so it doesn’t surprise me but tbh there is no timer in a relationship and it doesn’t just die out if you don’t say some words to each other in front of people with flowers and fancy clothes.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t think it’s the fact that they haven’t gotten engaged after 8 years... as you say it’s quite respectful that they haven’t just done it for views - but for me, it’s the fact that Zoe has let us as viewers know where she’s at in terms of wanting babies and an engagement, she’s made similar comments to Alfie over the years for years now (look at that Zoella post just a few days ago?) and Alfie has shut it down and made comments that show he doesn’t necessarily see his future as a future with Zoe (His crappy future self ‘drawing Your future self‘ thing which didn’t involve her)
...Yet they were once upon a time using Zalfie babies as clickbait and let’s face it Alfie is such an attention wh0re he’d get married if it earned him twenty pence. It’s just that Zoe has seemed ready to settle and start a family for ages, it’s painful. Yes they probably have discussions about this privately and aren’t ready - and neither is it the be all and end all - but considering what Zoe has told us I can see why people are surprised. I get the impression that settling and having a family is important for her. And considering their content is so stagnant they could do with the baby/wedding boost!

• Heart

Couldn’t agree more. I hate the engagement/marriage discussion. It’s totally a non-issue and clearly fewer people are seeing the need to marry these days. Engagement and marriage doesn’t signify more of a commitment than de facto relationships. They have lived together for many years, own a house together, have a business together, a dog etc. Their lives are completely integrated. You don’t get more of a commitment than that. Yes, in the past she said she wanted to marry but maybe over time it has become less important to her seeing as she already has a committed, secure relationship.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I actually felt sorry for her watching his story. You can see the cliche cant you - spend years with a manchild who never puts the effort in, then they'll break up and he'll marry the next girl and post slushy stuff all over social media.
can totally see this happening sadly

Reactions: 12
You guys, it’s really not about the fact that they haven’t gotten engaged after 8 years. It’s about the fact that she WANTS to marry him, and he’s made it very clear to everyone that he doesn’t want to marry her. In plain terms, he’s stringing her along and most likely waiting for “the one”. He just doesn’t see his future with her. He shuts down every conversation about marriage and weddings, meanwhile she’s been hinting at engagement rings, weddings, babies, and everything else in between for YEARS. They have a massive miscommunication between them. She’s literally WAITING for him to propose, and he’s someone who doesn’t want to commit to her, and will in all likelihood never propose to her.

Zoe has already spent 8 years of her life (and we’ve only got one life!) with someone who is not meeting her goals and expectations for what she wants. So he’s getting EVERYTHING he wants, and she’s getting nothing she wants. She could’ve already fulfilled her life-long dream of marriage and children with someone else. That’s the way I see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
You guys, it’s really not about the fact that they haven’t gotten engaged after 8 years. It’s about the fact that she WANTS to marry him, and he’s made it very clear to everyone that he doesn’t want to marry her. In plain terms, he’s stringing her along and most likely waiting for “the one”. He just doesn’t see his future with her. He shuts down every conversation about marriage and weddings, meanwhile she’s been hinting at engagement rings, weddings, babies, and everything else in between for YEARS. They have a massive miscommunication between them. She’s literally WAITING for him to propose, and he’s someone who doesn’t want to commit to her, and will in all likelihood never propose to her.

Zoe has already spent 8 years of her life (and we’ve only got one life!) with someone who is not meeting her goals and expectations for what she wants. So he’s getting EVERYTHING he wants, and she’s getting nothing she wants. She could’ve already fulfilled her life-long dream of marriage and children with someone else. That’s the way I see it.
This is exactly what I meant.

*exercising with her mum*
“So you do this every morning?”

Yes, Zoe. No need to be surprised.

*5 minutes later*
”Can I just do half? *half a star jump*”

Surely you’re not tired already?

It was a 10 minute workout.

I would love to see her cook proper food. Or do some exercise. Or eat a vegetable. ANYTHING. PLEASE ZOE.

Reactions: 19
You guys, it’s really not about the fact that they haven’t gotten engaged after 8 years. It’s about the fact that she WANTS to marry him, and he’s made it very clear to everyone that he doesn’t want to marry her.
Or maybe he just doesn’t want to get married, not that he doesn’t want to marry her specifically. I don’t see how people can suggest he isn’t committed to her and the relationship. They have done everything a married couple would do signifying commitment, except for signing a stupid piece of paper.

Reactions: 8
Or maybe he just doesn’t want to get married, not that he doesn’t want to marry her specifically. I don’t see how people can suggest he isn’t committed to her and the relationship. They have done everything a married couple would do signifying commitment, except for signing a stupid piece of paper.
yknow with like literally any other guy i would totally agree with you. but with alfie it just doesn't feel like this. it doesn't feel like he's waking up every day and choosing to be in a relationship with her. it's more like he wakes up and their house is where he happens to live and she happens to be his gf and he's just too lazy to do anything to change it.

Reactions: 39
If that's the case then he needs to tell her. As it stands he clearly hasn't because she keeps dropping hints about getting married one day.

Reactions: 8
I really don’t care if people want to get married or not as long as they understand the legalities if their situation. One thing that does bother me is the idea that marriage is just about “signing a stupid piece of paper“. It is very much more than that legally.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
yknow with like literally any other guy i would totally agree with you. but with alfie it just doesn't feel like this. it doesn't feel like he's waking up every day and choosing to be in a relationship with her. it's more like he wakes up and their house is where he happens to live and she happens to be his gf and he's just too lazy to do anything to change it.
I agree but to fair this is the situation for like 50% of couples, married or not. 😆

Reactions: 2
Physical trappings don’t mean a damn thing about real commitment. I shared a house and a mortgage and a joint account with my ex, we were together for a decade - but there was no real commitment there from his side, he lived his own life and did his own thing and we were more like friends who lived together than committed partners.

That’s what Alfie’s relationship with Zoe is like. It’s not really as much about the marriage and kids thing as it is just so obvious he’s not really in love with her. It was their anniversary yesterday and they had a mate round all day. In Alfie’s Insta stories Zoe was sitting on the other side of the room from him. It’s not like they don’t have the resources to do something special for each other, but there’s just no interest.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Oh god shes ordered a load of stuff from Bath & Body and is doing up her porch with hay bales and pumpkins and crops again :rolleyes: :sleep:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.