Zoe Sugg #19 Boring as feck

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the worst thing to happen to her was making so much money so quickly. Her anxiety will no doubt have worsened because she had the means to avoid anything that may have forced her to confront it, like having a job. She never had to work hard to save up for something out of her reach, she never needed to keep going because stopping would mean she couldn't live, she doesn't have to be motivated because she can quite comfortably do nothing. She's also never had to make compromises in a team because she gets things her own way, she never had to work under a boss and do what someone else tells you to and have to deal with it just because....So many character building experiences.
Truer words have not been spoken. Seriously.

And this is not to diminish the fact that she may very well experience anxiety which can be quite debilitating. But the fact is, unlike most people who suffer from anxiety (myself included), she never had to push herself to do things outside of her comfort zone simply because she doesn't have to. I agree with everyone posting about how there is quite literally so much she could be doing with the opportunities she has at hand (fashion, home decor/renovation etc)... yet she simply does tit ALL, because she's loaded and can't be bothered. Anxiety isn't just the sole reason for this, it's laziness and lack of drive because to her she's already done enough and made her "millions." And I'm sure her sticking with Alfie is also related to this.

Reactions: 14
Did we work out what those branded 'Zoe.' cardboard boxes in the house were? Would assume the books she needs to sign, but seems so weird to have your name on the box like that.
Yeah they didn’t look like book proof boxes (they are usually just sent sheets of a4/a5 with the title to sign that are then added in, not the whole book). The boxes look properly branded, so maybe she has been working on something this whole time? When she ended Zoella Beauty did she say she was doing something new?

Reactions: 5
Yeah they didn’t look like book proof boxes (they are usually just sent sheets of a4/a5 with the title to sign that are then added in, not the whole book). The boxes look properly branded, so maybe she has been working on something this whole time? When she ended Zoella Beauty did she say she was doing something new?
Maybe it’s what her and Alfie have been working on together? I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s some fashion brand or collab

Maybe it’s what her and Alfie have been working on together? I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s some fashion brand or collab
My first thought was fashion, but I don’t know what a Zoe/Alfie fashion collaboration would look like? - either that or homewear as other people are thinking

dunno where i got this from then..must have seen old footage recently!
She was signing the front pages for the book copies at the start of lockdown, I don’t think the whole book has been printed yet

Reactions: 2
So if she owns that current house... how amazing would it be if, say, Baboon Alfie went away on a trip and came back a few days later to find the house up for sale, and she and all her stuff gone...! 👍

I think she should get out of Brighton, move back to Lacock, be near her family and old friends again, back to her roots (and they're nice roots, Lacock looks so quaint). There are some lovely houses there for sale, including a charming looking place in need of a renovation... she could buy it and turn it into a project in interior design, maybe document it all, for newer, more grown up content... or else take leave of her online life. Plenty of money left over to save/invest/sustain her, get a fuss-free part-time job. Meet an actual man, who also wants a marriage and children. Do it, Zoe!

... can you tell I'm procrastinating today?!
Honestly, wish she would do that. Imagine her back in Lacock near her family and friends, with a nice man and kids. Can picture it now, lol.

Reactions: 16
I dont think zoe has the appeal anymore that big brands would even want to collaborate on a home line or whatever. At her peak most of her fans were young teenagers who have now grown up a bit and the whole you tube game seems to have changed from when zoe started. She is maybe happy as larry being at home and if she is then good on her. She struggled with the downsides of fame and maybe just decided it wasnt for her.
Maybe! If so, fair enough, you're absolutely right. But she's also addicted to easy money and the validation she gets online and she's happy to shill her audience whenever an ad opportunity arises. So just on my part, I see a lack of direction and complacence but not true peace of mind.

Reactions: 11
I can imagine why she feels stuck in the relationship.

They’ve been together for 8 years, and during that time Zoe has rid herself of every close friend she had that isn’t related to Alfie Deyes. She spends Easters, birthdays and Christmases with the Deyes’, Poppy’s the closest female friend she’s had in recent years, Holly, if I’m not mistaken, was Alfie’s friend/cousin first, Brighton is Alfie’s home town. Mark is the only friend *she* has left, but he was a fan of hers before anything else, and a sycophant even now (though I like him and do think he’d be supportive when they break up).

And I get it - she likes the way Alfie’s family operate, the way he’s been brought up, the way they’re still very close. They probably share values, politics, and life goals. Alfie, Poppy and Sean also have the same weird job she has. They understand each other’s work, and Brighton is the hot-spot for progressiveness and innovative careers in the first place. Alfie and Zoe even share offices there. It sounds like a match made in heaven - on paper.

I think, to her, her own family has become fragmented. They are no longer a whole. Her home is on the market (thanks to the user who posted about it being on rightmove - it’s lovely and Lacock is a truly idyllic place). Going to her parents probably doesn’t feel like going “home” anymore, but to some foreign, unknown place. I’m also pretty sure both her mum and dad have new partners and Christmases might be awkward and “unfestive” to her around them.

I can see how she might think of losing Alfie as losing family, friends, hometown AND Christmas all at once. That would be daunting to anyone. Zoe might not end up being the best wife or the best mother, and even if I haven’t been a fan of her business practices and ghostwritten lies in the past, I still believe family is more important to her than anything else. She lives on nostalgia, on simpler times when she watched Home Alone and her parents were together and Christmases were fun. She desperately wants family, and she desperately want to recreate her memories and regain that joy with her own little family. She likes rainy days because everyone’s home, having a hot meal and willing to indulge in her dreams of cosy togetherness. IMO she’s latched onto Alfie not because of some sort of extraordinary love, but because Alfie is the key to all the families she desires - his family and a new family.

Breaking up is hard, but it’s harder without your own support group. From what I remember, Zoe wasn’t all that supportive of Louise when she divorced Matt, and she barely acknowledged Pearl’s birth on social media. How karmic that she’s all alone now. I hope Mark and Joe will be there for her in the end. I can’t help but wish her the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Alfie helped her on a photoshoot for something she was working on

Reactions: 4
I’m gonna stick up for Zoe here... I’ve been with my boyfriend for 7 years and we’re still not engaged. We got together at 19 so we’re still young.
We’re not gonna get engaged/married just for the sake of it - we know we want to be together forever and will get married when the time is right, and I don’t feel like tit! There’s no rush :) we’d rather save up for a fantastic wedding than rush into having a mediocre one when we can wait a few years longer.

Perhaps Louises & Tanya’s divorces have put her off a bit too - she’d rather be safe than divorced by 32!
Same here, we got together at 20 and haven’t gotten engaged yet.

Reactions: 4
I can imagine why she feels stuck in the relationship.

They’ve been together for 8 years, and during that time Zoe has rid herself of every close friend she had that isn’t related to Alfie Deyes. She spends Easters, birthdays and Christmases with the Deyes’, Poppy’s the closest female friend she’s had in recent years, Holly, if I’m not mistaken, was Alfie’s friend/cousin first, Brighton is Alfie’s home town. Mark is the only friend *she* has left, but he was a fan of hers before anything else, and a sycophant even now (though I like him and do think he’d be supportive when they break up).

And I get it - she likes the way Alfie’s family operate, the way he’s been brought up, the way they’re still very close. They probably share values, politics, and life goals. Alfie, Poppy and Sean also have the same weird job she has. They understand each other’s work, and Brighton is the hot-spot for progressiveness and innovative careers in the first place. Alfie and Zoe even share offices there. It sounds like a match made in heaven - on paper.

I think, to her, her own family has become fragmented. They are no longer a whole. Her home is on the market (thanks to the user who posted about it being on rightmove - it’s lovely and Lacock is a truly idyllic place). Going to her parents probably doesn’t feel like going “home” anymore, but to some foreign, unknown place. I’m also pretty sure both her mum and dad have new partners and Christmases might be awkward and “unfestive” to her around them.

I can see how she might think of losing Alfie as losing family, friends, hometown AND Christmas all at once. That would be daunting to anyone. Zoe might not end up being the best wife or the best mother, and even if I haven’t been a fan of her business practices and ghostwritten lies in the past, I still believe family is more important to her than anything else. She lives on nostalgia, on simpler times when she watched Home Alone and her parents were together and Christmases were fun. She desperately wants family, and she desperately want to recreate her memories and regain that joy with her own little family. She likes rainy days because everyone’s home, having a hot meal and willing to indulge in her dreams of cosy togetherness. IMO she’s latched onto Alfie not because of some sort of extraordinary love, but because Alfie is the key to all the families she desires - his family and a new family.

Breaking up is hard, but it’s harder without your own support group. From what I remember, Zoe wasn’t all that supportive of Louise when she divorced Matt, and she barely acknowledged Pearl’s birth on social media. How karmic that she’s all alone now. I hope Mark and Joe will be there for her in the end. I can’t help but wish her the best.
Is this someone from team Zoella, trying to make excuses for Zoe. She has family, it may not picture perfect, but she has a family. Her parents divorced 10 years ago. She lived with her dad after the split for years. Her mum got rw-married years ago. Also Joe & Zoe moved houses a bit as kids, cause their father is in property.

Also you don't need Christmases or birthday as an excuse to visit your family, she doesn't do it. She has 3 elderly grandparents still alive, who she visits once a year, she has no excuse of not going to visit them cause she was close with them, she has multiple cars to travel to see them, it's not as though she has to go to work. Zoe is selfish & lazy & can't be bothered. Dianne saw more of her family in the past year than Zoe. Joe has already been to stay with his mum, stopped off at his dad's to visit & saw his Gran from a distance.

Yeah break-ups are hard, but it's Zoe's own fault why she has so few friends, she dumps them if any there to say anything critical to her & as for family she never visits. She has no one to blame but herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Idk why but it’s difficult for me to comprehend that this Zoe and Zoe now are the same person, maybe it’s just because she’s getting older
She really reminds me of Louise in these videos. Lots of similar mannerisms. I miss the old days of them being chummys and hanging out like 'normal people'

Reactions: 7
Is this someone from team Zoella, trying to make excuses for Zoe. She has family, it may not picture perfect, but she has a family. Her parents divorced 10 years ago. She lived with her dad after the split for years. Her mum got rw-married years ago. Also Joe & Zoe moved houses a bit as kids, cause their father is in property.

Also you don't need Christmases or birthday as an excuse to visit your family, she doesn't do it. She has 3 elderly grandparents still alive, who she visits once a year, she has no excuse of not going to visit them cause she was close with them, she has multiple cars to travel to see them, it's not as though she has to go to work. Zoe is selfish & lazy & can't be bothered. Dianne saw more of her family in the past year than Zoe. Joe has already been to stay with his mum, stopped off at his dad's to visit & saw his Gran from a distance.

Yeah break-ups are hard, but it's Zoe's own fault why she has so few friends, she dumps them if any there to say anything critical to her & as for family she never visits. She has no one to blame but herself.
Definitely not Team Zoella? I’m an oldie from GG. Definitely don’t think I’d be mentioning business practices or ghostwriting if I were.

I just don’t think someone being a crappy person precludes them from having complex feelings OR being blameworthy. I thought I made it clear Zoe was to blame for not having friends - she wasn’t there for Louise, and has managed to lose everyone else not related to Alfie as well. I mean, I called her only friend Mark a sycophant. She surrounds herself with yes-men and anyone who isn’t is swiftly given the boot.

I also don’t think anything I wrote - that she’s stuck in a bad relationship because she’s so very hung-up in her past - is a flattering account, but of course it might not have read that way. If so, I apologise. I do think her wants (family, security, understanding) explain some of her behaviours, though, however crappy. Being grownup and responsible for your own actions doesn’t make hard decisions any easier. I don’t think she’d still be with Alfie if she didn’t love his family so much.

I’m with you on the not-visiting-grandparents thing. I really wish she still lived in Lacock or at least the Cotswolds, and I somehow see her making a return in the future. I don’t know what she talks about in therapy, but it’s clear she resents her family for breaking the illusions of her happy(ish) childhood. She was so close to her dad before getting in with the Deyes, and now he’s nowhere to be seen - my theory is that he got a new partner a little after she moved out and now she doesn’t want to visit. She has effectively replaced her own family with Alfie’s. It’s my belief that childhood effects us far more than we can imagine.

Reactions: 28
Her old house (that she lived in before she moved to Brighton) is currently on rightmove
I found it! Search Lacock, 4 bedroom house, it’s for sale at £475,000. Its much bigger than it looked! I don’t remember ever seeing the dining table room. Zoe’s old wallpaper is still up, some kid is gonna love that. I wonder if her dad still owns it as the bathrooms have been painted an ugly blue and he moved into that bigger house didn’t he, but her wallpaper is still up 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Maybe! If so, fair enough, you're absolutely right. But she's also addicted to easy money and the validation she gets online and she's happy to shill her audience whenever an ad opportunity arises. So just on my part, I see a lack of direction and complacence but not true peace of mind.
I havent really followed her for years but yea the odd time i do look at her insta its just for ads..which i HATE.

Her genuine smile is so pretty imho but it's sort of sad that she doesn't show it in pictures with Alfie

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.