Zoe Sugg #19 Boring as feck

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing regarding her spending xmas with Alfie's parents as hers arn't together is a tit excuse IMO. Not all families have a cosy 2 point 4 set up and she's not a bloody baby she should learn to adapt not just dump them for Alfie's parents!

Reactions: 25
She looks genuinely happy.

I believe, like everone else has said, that she really want to be married. But she hasn't decided if she really wants to be married, or if she really wants to be married to Alfie.

He's a selfish little hole, he has her on the hook and he knows it. He will do whatever is best for him when it's best for him. (Dare i say it, typical torie)

If she is his first gf, i don't think he sees himself with only her forever. Diane could be a good friendship for her to cultivate, away from the deys.

Nothing will change as.Aflie has everything just how he wants it at the moment. He's told her, she's just not listening.

Gosh, it never looks like that around Alfie. She looks cute.

Reactions: 17

Her genuine smile is so pretty imho but it's sort of sad that she doesn't show it in pictures with Alfie
First of all, Mark keep moving love, or someone might think you're a deckchair and sit on you.
Secondly, Zoe does look lovely here, but please can she put the chewing gum away?!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Zoe and Mark filming themselves rolling down hills is the equivalent of those teenage girls that say stuff like “omg you can’t take me anywhere I’m just so random!” and then continue to do something bland like a jump or something lol

Reactions: 49
Seeing Mark again, at this point he may as well have a room in the not mansion he is there so much !

Reactions: 17
Seeing Mark again, at this point he may as well have a room in the not mansion he is there so much !
Couldn’t he just move into the house, sorry office, next door? But if he did where would fraggle go for his ‘alone time’ with his computer to watch his special videos and insta accounts!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The thing regarding her spending xmas with Alfie's parents as hers arn't together is a tit excuse IMO. Not all families have a cosy 2 point 4 set up and she's not a bloody baby she should learn to adapt not just dump them for Alfie's parents!
i just want to say that I agree with you, and it was an explanation I came up with for her behaviour, not an excuse. If it helps, my childhood was awful, and I never even had a Christmas tree. I know the feeling of yearning for family quite well.

And yes, she should learn to adapt. Families come in all shapes and sizes. There isn’t always a mum, a dad, a brother and a family dog. I was simply pointing out that she’s very cosy with Alfie’s family, and it’s my opinion that she has latched onto them because she feels “homeless”, and it’s a big reason why she doesn’t want to lose Alfie. Both for all the years she’s put it on the promise of a future family, and because she’s adopted his family as her own. It’s quite evident from her behaviour that she’s very nostalgic of her past and hasn’t properly got over her parent’s divorce, despite it happening later in her life, either in her late teens or early 20s(?). She probably never had much time as a single woman learning to navigate life and a newly-shaped family by herself. Now she’s 30 and losing Alfie might, through fault of her own, make her very lonely. I think just a few pages ago, a user pointed out that she entered into a relationship with Alfie just 3 months after her last mention of Wilf on Twitter.

I do want to apologise if I’ve offended anyone by saying Zoe might feel her family is too fragmented to feel Christmases are festive with them. This is a Zoe-specific bury-head-in-90s-hermit-hole explanation. Many people not so hung-up as Zoe have blended families and enjoy them immensely. Blended is the new normal, anyway.

Reactions: 27
i just want to say that I agree with you, and it was an explanation I came up with for her behaviour, not an excuse. If it helps, my childhood was awful, and I never even had a Christmas tree. I know the feeling of yearning for family quite well.

And yes, she should learn to adapt. Families come in all shapes and sizes. There isn’t always a mum, a dad, a brother and a family dog. I was simply pointing out that she’s very cosy with Alfie’s family, and it’s my opinion that she has latched onto them because she feels “homeless”, and it’s a big reason why she doesn’t want to lose Alfie. Both for all the years she’s put it on the promise of a future family, and because she’s adopted his family as her own. It’s quite evident from her behaviour that she’s very nostalgic of her past and hasn’t properly got over her parent’s divorce, despite it happening later in her life, either in her late teens or early 20s(?). She probably never had much time as a single woman learning to navigate life and a newly-shaped family by herself. Now she’s 30 and losing Alfie might, through fault of her own, make her very lonely. I think just a few pages ago, a user pointed out that she entered into a relationship with Alfie just 3 months after her last mention of Wilf on Twitter.

I do want to apologise if I’ve offended anyone by saying Zoe might feel her family is too fragmented to feel Christmases are festive with them. This is a Zoe-specific bury-head-in-90s-hermit-hole explanation. Many people not so hung-up as Zoe have blended families and enjoy them immensely. Blended is the new normal, anyway.
I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for Zoe and the supposed trauma she's had because of her parents divorce. If she was young then maybe but what did she want. Have them stay together so she's got the perfect family. So many people go through much worse and awful childhood and yet still don't just abandon those people close to them who love them.

The fact she's so desperately trying to stick to her teenage years shows she had a happy childhood. I suspect one or both of her parents have dared to say no or disagree with her and that's the reason she's practically cut her family out. Joe seems to have coped and not abandoned his family despite going through the same childhood.

The reason she’s still stuck with fraggle is because she's got rid of anyone her life who would dare have their own opinion. She wants to be queen bee and now she is in her pathetic little kingdom.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

My comment was aimed at you or anyone it was aimed more at Zoe's excuse to spend it with Alfie's fam because her parents arnt together. (y)

I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for Zoe and the supposed trauma she's had because of her parents divorce. If she was young then maybe but what did she want. Have them stay together so she's got the perfect family. So many people go through much worse and awful childhood and yet still don't just abandon those people close to them who love them.

The fact she's so desperately trying to stick to her teenage years shows she had a happy childhood. I suspect one or both of her parents have dared to say no or disagree with her and that's the reason she's practically cut her family out. Joe seems to have coped and not abandoned his family despite going through the same childhood.

The reason she’s still stuck with fraggle is because she's got rid of anyone her life who would dare have their own opinion. She wants to be queen bee and now she is in her pathetic little kingdom.
Ahh good point about Joe hes always at his families. She said in those agony aunt topics she does for her website she was 21 when her parents divorced so not exactly a kid who doesnt understand..

Reactions: 7
My comment was aimed at you or anyone it was aimed more at Zoe's excuse to spend it with Alfie's fam because her parents arnt together. (y)

Ahh good point about Joe hes always at his families. She said in those agony aunt topics she does for her website she was 21 when her parents divorced so not exactly a kid who doesnt understand..
Often it hits the adult 'children' really hard when their parents separate due to infidelity or falling out of love. Partially they are beginning to understand maybe if they have had a first heartbreak etc. And partially thinking their whole childhood was a lie, if one parent was so good at pretending can they ever trust a man / woman themselves? It's always hard. But most people have lots going on to distract themselves, usually stuff they don't want to do but it us distracting.

Reactions: 14
If either of my daughters or my son (aged 20-29) spent every Christmas with the 'in laws' instead of alternating between them, me and their dad (we are divorced), you would see me go off like a rocket, throw the biggest hizzy fit and the bf/gf would be on the naughty list for all eternity.

Of course when and if they have children or marry, things will change and they will want their own Christmas (I am lying, I will be NANA and demand every Christmas...JK...Kinda)

Even if they came for a visit near Christmas, (for vlogmas content :unsure:) i would be seriously pissed and it would be known. But then my kids don't pay my bills so i would be very vocal about it - just saying.

Joking aside, it would be kick in the guts and i would be so upset.

Reactions: 18
Ok, so I have never spent christmas with my mum or Dad since becoming an adult 😳 and I'm super close to them! The reason being is my Dad spends it with his wife and her parents (I could go if I wanted but no thank you.. even my Dad hates going).. my mum usually works and has bad boyfriend after bad boyfriend. I just do not want my amazing christmas' tarred by this. I have spent the odd xmas with my husbands family as they are very festive but incredibly stuck up so I try not to go! I have enjoyed spending the last few chrismas' with my husband and children. Maybe Zoe doesn't like her mums husband or Dads wife. I know some might say "tough!" But at 30 she is old enough to spend Christmas however she likes. I do agree though that she is weirdly obsessed with his family. I have never 'defended' Zoe before btw but we really don't know what her family dynamics are like now. It may be that her step parents are twats or it could just be because they don't kiss her ass and rely on her for income like the Deyes clan.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I also think her parents aren’t so into the show of Christmas, since she moved into that new house she’s desperate to photograph them all in matching pjs by the fire above the stockings and we know her dad doesn’t want to be shown on camera

Reactions: 16
Ok, so I have never spent christmas with my mum or Dad since becoming an adult 😳 and I'm super close to them! The reason being is my Dad spends it with his wife and her parents (I could go if I wanted but no thank you.. even my Dad hates going).. my mum usually works and has bad boyfriend after bad boyfriend. I just do not want my amazing christmas' tarred by this. I have spent the odd xmas with my husbands family as they are very festive but incredibly stuck up so I try not to go! I have enjoyed spending the last few chrismas' with my husband and children. Maybe Zoe doesn't like her mums husband or Dads wife. I know some might say "tough!" But at 30 she is old enough to spend Christmas however she likes. I do agree though that she is weirdly obsessed with his family. I have never 'defended' Zoe before btw but we really don't know what her family dynamics are like now. It may be that her step parents are twats or it could just be because they don't kiss her ass and rely on her for income like the Deyes clan.
i totally agree with this, we shouldn't be judging her based on how often she sees her fam and whether or not she spends xmas with them, especially cause as you said we have no idea what the dynamic is.

but i must say based on how entitled and self-centred zoe is and how easily she cuts people out i bet she's the twit to them lol

Reactions: 7
I get that. My point was really that i would be hurt if they always spent Christmas, easter, Birthdays, Tuesdays etc with the 'in laws'. No matter the reasons, justified or not, as a parent that would really hurt me, particular if a lot of effort/time was spent with the in-laws.

Saying that I sulk because middle child goes to b/fs mum's everyone Sunday....."oh so my roasts arent good enough??!!! I suppose Her roasts are just fantastical" hahaha

(apparently they are)

Reactions: 8
I don't it's her spending Christmas with the Deyes' as the problem, it's the fact that she only goes to see her family once or twice a year if that. She has no excuse not go & see them more often. Its always her mum who has to travel to see Zoe l& Joe is the same, I think she stayed at Joe's for his birthday & that's it. Her grandparents are elderly, one of her grand is in a wheelchair & her grandad is I'll, so none can make the journey to visit her, but what is stopping her from driving two hours for a visit. She was close with her grandparents, so it's not as though they treated her badly & she could resent them, they clearly doted on their grandchildren. You could see how happy her grandad was at Christmas when Dianne danced with him, like it wouldn't take much effort to spend time with them.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I think the box looks like that ‘function of beauty’ and didn’t she just recently do another brand deal with them. Not really sure though

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.