Zoe Sugg #19 Boring as feck

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the thing, she could transition to by Zoe sugg instead of Zoella, could some bake wear etc like in line with her “cook book”, she could easily disappear and no one would really notice, focus on spending time actually helping herself, going to therapy etc, even turfing Alfie out (if she decided to do this) and come back refreshed rather than doing everything half arsed....
Even if she didn't leave Alfie, which she totally should, she could still make actual engaging content while living her life how she wants - for example, if she wants to study? Cool, I'm 30 and going back to uni, I know I'd watch that. She wants to go into TV? Great, let's hear her plans for it. She's into interiors? Hell yes, so many women her age are - but she needs to show us some personality at some point, because that isn't what we're getting now and it's really sad to watch.

Reactions: 20
Isn’t it 5 or 6 years? Actually it might be closer to 8... I swear they got together in 2012? There was very little cross over between him and Wilf. If anyone watches Sammi Maria, she‘s recently separated from her husband who she got with immediately after her abusive ex. It’s sad because she’s now starting over again as a 30 year old with no experience of being single as an adult, as she was with her ex from 18 then jumped straight to Jason. But it’ll be the best thing that ever happened to her, Zoe should take notes.

If I’d been with someone longer than 5 years and they didn’t propose I’d feel like tit, not for everyone but personally marriage is a goal, therefore I’d rather be with someone else who has the same goals as me 🤷🏻‍♀️
I took a look at her IG- apparently their anniversary is October 4th, 2012 so it’ll be 8 years in October. Sean and Poppy have been together since 2008!!! I think the Deyes kids just grew up without interest in getting married, since their parents weren’t?

If Alfie wants to stay with Zoe, he’s missing a lot of content opportunities for engagement/marriage lol (obviously joking, that’s a terrible reason to get married🤣)

Reactions: 13

Watch 10 seconds of each video just to get past the horrendous thumbnails. She is unrecognisable both in looks and personality. I know at this point she was probably secretly earning loads of money from YouTube and we just didn’t know yet, but fame, money and affluence really ruined her.

I also think being sent hundreds of products killed the buzz you get from saving up your money until payday when you get to splash out on something from Nars, she literally hasn’t used some of her favourite brands from these videos in years because she just gets sent everything now. It’s sad.
Wow shes SOOO different now! Seems old Zoe is more fun

Everyone skip to 5:00 so we can all laugh at how she used to get choked by Topshop prices but now just casually drops £700 on some Gucci trainers

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I took a look at her IG- apparently their anniversary is October 4th, 2012 so it’ll be 8 years in October. Sean and Poppy have been together since 2008!!! I think the Deyes kids just grew up without interest in getting married, since their parents weren’t?

If Alfie wants to stay with Zoe, he’s missing a lot of content opportunities for engagement/marriage lol (obviously joking, that’s a terrible reason to get married🤣)
I beg someone finds the old tweets about Wilf so we can see how long she waited before getting into a new relationship! I thought it wasn’t that long based on old videos where she’d mention him at the time

Reactions: 5
So if she owns that current house... how amazing would it be if, say, Baboon Alfie went away on a trip and came back a few days later to find the house up for sale, and she and all her stuff gone...! 👍

I think she should get out of Brighton, move back to Lacock, be near her family and old friends again, back to her roots (and they're nice roots, Lacock looks so quaint). There are some lovely houses there for sale, including a charming looking place in need of a renovation... she could buy it and turn it into a project in interior design, maybe document it all, for newer, more grown up content... or else take leave of her online life. Plenty of money left over to save/invest/sustain her, get a fuss-free part-time job. Meet an actual man, who also wants a marriage and children. Do it, Zoe!

... can you tell I'm procrastinating today?!

Reactions: 34
So if she owns that current house... how amazing would it be if, say, Baboon Alfie went away on a trip and came back a few days later to find the house up for sale, and she and all her stuff gone...! 👍

I think she should get out of Brighton, move back to Lacock, be near her family and old friends again, back to her roots (and they're nice roots, Lacock looks so quaint). There are some lovely houses there for sale, including a charming looking place in need of a renovation... she could buy it and turn it into a project in interior design, maybe document it all, for newer, more grown up content... or else take leave of her online life. Plenty of money left over to save/invest/sustain her, get a fuss-free part-time job. Meet an actual man, who also wants a marriage and children. Do it, Zoe!

Or he comes back and all his crap is in bin bags on the skank ramp with a spray painted sign saying duck off!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Wow shes SOOO different now! Seems old Zoe is more fun

Everyone skip to 5:00 so we can all laugh at how she used to get choked by Topshop prices but now just casually drops £700 on some Gucci trainers
She’s changed her accent so much?!! Never realised HOW much she puts on her fake ~ posh Brighton ~ accent

If I’d been with someone longer than 5 years and they didn’t propose I’d feel like tit, not for everyone but personally marriage is a goal, therefore I’d rather be with someone else who has the same goals as me 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’m gonna stick up for Zoe here... I’ve been with my boyfriend for 7 years and we’re still not engaged. We got together at 19 so we’re still young.
We’re not gonna get engaged/married just for the sake of it - we know we want to be together forever and will get married when the time is right, and I don’t feel like tit! There’s no rush :) we’d rather save up for a fantastic wedding than rush into having a mediocre one when we can wait a few years longer.

Perhaps Louises & Tanya’s divorces have put her off a bit too - she’d rather be safe than divorced by 32!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Interesting how in this old video she says she doesn't like bad weather and that it affects her mood a lot. I feel like for the past 5 years or so she's always raving about the rain and grey weather, and about how cozy it makes her feel. Maybe she did change and is no longer affected by it but I'm more tempted to believe that it's all just her pushing the autumnal obsession she supposedly has

I’m gonna stick up for Zoe here... I’ve been with my boyfriend for 7 years and we’re still not engaged. We got together at 19 so we’re still young.
We’re not gonna get engaged/married just for the sake of it - we know we want to be together forever and will get married when the time is right, and I don’t feel like tit! There’s no rush :) we’d rather save up for a fantastic wedding than rush into having a mediocre one when we can wait a few years longer.

Perhaps Louises & Tanya’s divorces have put her off a bit too - she’d rather be safe than divorced by 32!
I completely agree if this makes you happy, fulfilled and thrive...but Zoe is none of these things!

Did we work out what those branded 'Zoe.' cardboard boxes in the house were? Would assume the books she needs to sign, but seems so weird to have your name on the box like that.

I personally think she owned the old house. Podcasts are filmed in advance and Alfie might not have told true geordie that they were moving/renovating the mansion seeing as they aren’t close friends and they kept it completely secret. I find it hard to believe she owns that massive house all by herself, Alfie’s parents were probably listed to throw the scent off in case anyone leaked it.

Either way, it’s so odd how they'd barely been in the new house before building the other one.

Reactions: 4
Did we work out what those branded 'Zoe.' cardboard boxes in the house were? Would assume the books she needs to sign, but seems so weird to have your name on the box like that.
I dont think the books have gone to print yet have they?

Sounds like you and your partner are mature, communicate and are on the same page. Unfortunately for Zoe, her and Alfie want completely different things and are living a lie.

I wonder what project that Zoe and Alfie have been working on for 14 months. In his last stream he said they will be able to tell soon

Reactions: 6
Seriously wondering why she wears those god awful glasses! She doesn't need them and they look absolutely hideous. On Mark's Instagram today she seriously looks like an old lady. I just don't know why you'd choose to look like that.

Reactions: 16
She doesn't even have to quit youtube; imagine her coming back for good after years of stale dumb half arsed content and putting her heart and effort into it. She could find her corner on the internet again, she has the luxury of already having made her name heard. People would much rather watch her vlogs of a new life than watch Alfie shop for meaningless stuff and hoard rooms full of junk. I do not get heavy consumerism at all and it makes me anxious to watch people buy and buy and buy; so I don't know what is Zoe's content apart from buying stuff and commenting on them. But vlogs are (as far as I know) more popular now so she doesn't even have to find content. And if she truly worked for a homeware collection in collaboration with somewhere, it would go much better than awful cheap body products that end up in the sale bins. I don't mind her taste and unless she launched tacky stuff that screamed "Zoella", she could even make a place for herself in the general market outside the Youtube bubble. But, in my opinion she will not do any of it because money comes rolling in anyway, either from investments or sporadic ads. She has a luxurious house, she has a partner that she's seemingly happy with. Unless a nasty thing like cheating happens very publicly, I doubt she'll go back from the rut. She's rotting in the middle of all the PR samples she is keeping in her many storage rooms along with a man child and a miserable dog.

Edit: Grammar.
I dont think zoe has the appeal anymore that big brands would even want to collaborate on a home line or whatever. At her peak most of her fans were young teenagers who have now grown up a bit and the whole you tube game seems to have changed from when zoe started. She is maybe happy as larry being at home and if she is then good on her. She struggled with the downsides of fame and maybe just decided it wasnt for her.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.