Zoe Sugg #19 Boring as feck

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw someone comment about how she could just hire an editor to make her nonexistent workload easier.
Do you think she has avoided that because she doesn’t want anyone else to get any credit. Everything has to be her.

Reactions: 11
I saw someone comment about how she could just hire an editor to make her nonexistent workload easier.
Do you think she has avoided that because she doesn’t want anyone else to get any credit. Everything has to be her.
She did hire someone to write her books so I wouldn't see how that would be an issue :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I wonder if it’s a control thing so she gets full control over what is included and nothing is included that she doesn’t want the world to see.

Reactions: 15
I wonder if it’s a control thing so she gets full control over what is included and nothing is included that she doesn’t want the world to see.
I know a lot of bloggers have said they don’t have someone edit their vlogs because they want to be able to cut out anything too personal, which I can understand, however the people that work for her have been with her for years, Carrie has worked with her the longest, she could trust her to do it, she also used to have Mandy Celine edit her Zoella channel videos so that’s an option as well.

I honestly think Zoe’s problem is she has out grown sitting on her bed doing an ASOS haul, but so has her audience, they don’t want to see that from her anymore, but she also doesn’t know what other type of content to make. She is the epitome of all the gear and idear, but I also think she’s in this predicament because she’s surrounded herself with people 5-10 years younger than her, she hasnt progressed in her self development because she’s been stunted in her 20s with her younger boyfriend, staff, and friends.

Reactions: 10
I know a lot of bloggers have said they don’t have someone edit their vlogs because they want to be able to cut out anything too personal, which I can understand, however the people that work for her have been with her for years, Carrie has worked with her the longest, she could trust her to do it, she also used to have Mandy Celine edit her Zoella channel videos so that’s an option as well.

I honestly think Zoe’s problem is she has out grown sitting on her bed doing an ASOS haul, but so has her audience, they don’t want to see that from her anymore, but she also doesn’t know what other type of content to make. She is the epitome of all the gear and idear, but I also think she’s in this predicament because she’s surrounded herself with people 5-10 years younger than her, she hasnt progressed in her self development because she’s been stunted in her 20s with her younger boyfriend, staff, and friends.
One of her main problems is if she doesnt want to do a video doing her makeup or showing us a haul she has little else to film as she does duck all!

Reactions: 16
It definitely has to do with Poppy and Sean getting a dog, seeing how attentive they are and making sure the puppy is doing everything she should be is inspiring Zoe to become a better owner. This is all stuff they should have been doing Nalas entire life, but I guess now is better than never.
It's so selfish that they never let Nala have a proper run around, dogs needs to be able to go for a run not just be stuck on the lead line I watched the vlog where they got Nala and Zoe had her on the lead to bring her to wee in the garden. It's so cruel.

One of her main problems is if she doesnt want to do a video doing her makeup or showing us a haul she has little else to film as she does duck all!
If I had all that money and time I’d come out with my own online boutique with all eco conscious fair trade products kinda like Nikki Reed from twilight, then I’d partner with different charities to put together a blog post and YouTube video all about them, a different charity every month. It would be so good for her to do something like that, it would get her out of her own head, and she would feel amazing helping charities regularly.

Reactions: 19
There's SO much she could do that it's frustrating to see her waste away her time making glorified Nesquiks and playing animal crossing on the sofa. Off the top of my head:
-Couch to 5K (but actually stick with it) And who knows, maybe even a 5k-->10k after that?
-An actual decent book review, once a month, by Zoe not her blog people.
-Home reno stuff (such a wasted opportunity she didn't jump on that)
-Dog school/something for Nala
-More cooking/baking
-Some makeup vlogs
-Get involved with more social causes. She dipped her toe into the BLM stuff. Do more.
-Occasional online shopping haul (maybe say twice a year for winter/summer so as not to be too wasteful)
-Some travel stuff (once normal service has resumed)
If she invested time in stuff like this then the occasional mundane update wouldn't matter so much. But it seems that's all there is these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
There's SO much she could do that it's frustrating to see her waste away her time making glorified Nesquiks and playing animal crossing on the sofa. Off the top of my head:
-Couch to 5K (but actually stick with it) And who knows, maybe even a 5k-->10k after that?
-More cooking/baking
-Some makeup vlogs
-Occasional online shopping haul (maybe say twice a year for winter/summer so as not to be too wasteful)
If she invested time in stuff like this then the occasional mundane update wouldn't matter so much. But it seems that's all there is these days.
These are such good ideas! Also when she vlogged rather than vlogging “home” days why not vlog what a typical work day looks like for her, how often does she go into the office, what’s everyone working on, and as you said stop having them write these blog posts no one knows who they are, there isn’t a connection with them and they read like a 12 year old wrote them!

Reactions: 11
-More cooking/baking
-Some makeup vlogs
-Get involved with more social causes. She dipped her toe into the BLM stuff. Do more.
She used to do a lot more but that was when she was making her money now shes made her millions she isnt bothered.

She used to do a lot more but that was when she was making her money now shes made her millions she isnt bothered.
It definitely seems that way, I just don’t understand how she doesn’t go crazy with boredom, playing the switch all day can’t possibly be fulfilling. I know she’s “writing” a book but there’s no way this young readers book is filling her days.

I think thats it, she may have outgrown her original YouTube content but she doesn't seem bothered about doing anything new that does suit her now. She'll do the bare, shoddy minimum for the ad deals and the freebies.

Reactions: 8
Part of me does wonder if she doesn’t want to try anything new because of the backlash with the advent calendar and cordially invited.. they both must have knocked her confidence a bit in terms of what she puts out there. Personally I don’t think she should have killed the Zoella Beauty brand, just rebranded it for a mature audience as some of they products were okay - like I’ve bought worse stuff at a higher price point. I just don’t think her management team is very good at steering her in the right direction, they seem to be afraid of upsetting her.

Reactions: 14
Part of me does wonder if she doesn’t want to try anything new because of the backlash with the advent calendar and cordially invited.. they both must have knocked her confidence a bit in terms of what she puts out there. Personally I don’t think she should have killed the Zoella Beauty brand, just rebranded it for a mature audience as some of they products were okay - like I’ve bought worse stuff at a higher price point. I just don’t think her management team is very good at steering her in the right direction, they seem to be afraid of upsetting her.
Dom was listed on Zoella Beauty and Zoella Lifestyle, (I still believe that guy has been so predatory with his business practices), and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Zoe and Alfie have dropped every business they had that Dom was listed on.
I think you’re right about her confidence getting knocked, she is in this deer in the headlights phase she doesn’t know whether to go forward or backward.

Reactions: 12
I think her problem is that she’s bored of filming the same old thing for her vlogs but she doesn’t do anything different EVER hence why she only vlogs when mark is down as it’s a slight difference! But even those vlogs are getting tiresome now, her audience has grown up and moved on but nothing in her life has changed! She doesn’t travel, she hasn’t got married so no wedding content, she hasn’t had kids so can’t jump on the pregnancy/baby to kids train, most others that were around her time have moved on in some way, either doing different things or have different lives so more to film! I feel a bit sorry for her really that all she has is a huge house and lots of money but really where is the happiness in that if the rest of your plans and life are on hold because of your man child boyfriend!

The book club video could be them discussion questions rather than just on the blog and the blog is the summary, like it wouldn’t take that much work or she could get different people in, like she has such potential for that but as usual does nothing

Reactions: 4
It's so selfish that they never let Nala have a proper run around, dogs needs to be able to go for a run not just be stuck on the lead line I watched the vlog where they got Nala and Zoe had her on the lead to bring her to wee in the garden. It's so cruel.
I felt awful for Nala when they took her to the beach the other day. It was too hot, PARTICULARLY for a pug. You could see her struggling 😟

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Exactly! Like she did use to do a book club video, but as you can see 2 videos, both Ads with WHSmith (as we know Zoe doesn't read unless she's profiting).

I guess in the midst she cemented her millionaire status so said screw this so stopped filming.
Screenshot_20200717-112227_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: 6
Exactly! Like she did use to do a book club video, but as you can see 2 videos, both Ads with WHSmith (as we know Zoe doesn't read unless she's profiting).

I guess in the midst she cemented her millionaire status so said screw this so stopped filming.View attachment 184407
Typo on the second video title :rolleyes: I feel a bit petty but I know this annoys other people too... Especially if it was a paid partnership!

I think her problem is that she’s bored of filming the same old thing for her vlogs but she doesn’t do anything different EVER hence why she only vlogs when mark is down as it’s a slight difference! But even those vlogs are getting tiresome now, her audience has grown up and moved on but nothing in her life has changed! She doesn’t travel, she hasn’t got married so no wedding content, she hasn’t had kids so can’t jump on the pregnancy/baby to kids train, most others that were around her time have moved on in some way, either doing different things or have different lives so more to film! I feel a bit sorry for her really that all she has is a huge house and lots of money but really where is the happiness in that if the rest of your plans and life are on hold because of your man child boyfriend!
I keep seeing everyone call Alfie a man child as if just he was the problematic person in the relationship. He is younger and he's not supposed to suddenly become the real man and want family life.
If Zoe wants family and Alfie not, then it's "their compatibility" and "their relationship" problem, not Alfie being a man child or not. 😂 He can't change his age!
And to be fair, Zoe enjoys being childlish a lot too.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.