Zoe Sugg #10 Consumerella: 9 days of ming, merch in the bargain bin & still no ring!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kinda a weird intro (and she def went out of her way to remove Alfie, since she's always included him before). But hey, anything's better than the creepy claymation-esque one she did a few years ago lol

Reactions: 6
I think she will propose to him. She talked about surprising someone and I thought that or she will turn up at louises.

Reactions: 7
Are they definitely going to NYC? I remember her saying something about a trip at the end of the year, don’t remember where being specifically mentioned. Maybe I just missed it.

Has she ever thought that if she actually got up and out the house, did a proper days work, ate properly, exercised - even just walking round the garden a few times - that she wouldn’t be feeling so low.
I know it’s hard when you’re depressed. I’m one of those people that get stuck in a lazy rut with my depression but if her friends really cared about her, they’d be telling her these things. Pushing her to do them. To make her feel even the slightest bit better.
She has the ability to help her situation. A lot more so than many other people dealing with similar mental health issues.

Maybe she’s so down because she realises just how irrelevant she’s become/becoming. If it wasn’t for her tweens still idolising her, she’d basically be a nobody already.
She’ll be 30 soon and has nowhere near what she had 5 years ago. It must be hard to not really see a future.

Reactions: 13
I don’t think there’ll be any proposal from Alfie or Zoe. We see a glimpse of their relationship and it sucks. If it was a good relationship, we’d see it. If it was going to happen, it wouldve already by now.

Reactions: 9
Long time lurker, first post. I think Zoe hasn't done herself any favors this vlogmas round in terms of having content to create and that's potentially another reason for her rut. Usually she would have a certain set of milestones to hit within the month that would make for easy content but this year she won't have them as she's gotten a bit ridiculous with starting her festive related stuff in early November. Normally there would be a decorating the xmas tree vlog, but she already put up/decorated multiple in November, then she would have her friendmas, also already done in novmeber, then decorating the office, also already done and even the little Holiday viewing party at the office could have been another video but yet again already done in November. Every time she would do something like this I couldn't help but think, what will she have left for vlogmas? And now I think she may be having a similar feeling and panicking that she'll have nothing left to show.

Reactions: 12
Are they definitely going to NYC? I remember her saying something about a trip at the end of the year, don’t remember where being specifically mentioned. Maybe I just missed it.

Has she ever thought that if she actually got up and out the house, did a proper days work, ate properly, exercised - even just walking round the garden a few times - that she wouldn’t be feeling so low.
I know it’s hard when you’re depressed. I’m one of those people that get stuck in a lazy rut with my depression but if her friends really cared about her, they’d be telling her these things. Pushing her to do them. To make her feel even the slightest bit better.
She has the ability to help her situation. A lot more so than many other people dealing with similar mental health issues.

Maybe she’s so down because she realises just how irrelevant she’s become/becoming. If it wasn’t for her tweens still idolising her, she’d basically be a nobody already.
She’ll be 30 soon and has nowhere near what she had 5 years ago. It must be hard to not really see a future.
She never said nyc but she put an apple emoji after she mentioned a ‘trip’ so it seems likely ...

Reactions: 5
She never said nyc but she put an apple emoji after she mentioned a ‘trip’ so it seems likely ...
She confirmed New York is happening in the next week (or so, can’t remember) in the latest vlog.

Thrushella: CoSy season is upon us, but don’t expect an effort with vlogmas.

Reactions: 7
Agree with you all on feeling sympathy but also thinking she could help herself in certain ways.
Specifically work and routine. The most depressed I’ve felt in recent years has been between jobs when I didn’t have the next lined up. There were other factors too, and once you’re in a rut it’s really hard to get out - you feel depressed because you’re doing nothing and you’re doing nothing because you’re feeling depressed.
All this I understand. But finally getting out of that , being busy during the day again and so also appreciating days off was so helpful for my mental health too. It didn’t solve many things but it made them seem less impossible. I guess because I was being constructive at work so I knew I could accomplish things...

Zoe needs a proper job , or occupation of some sort. Something to keep her busy. Could even be studying , or some kind of practical course. The same thing happened to her brother, joe clearly became really depressed by having such an empty life. Strictly and everything it led to revitalised him.

Reactions: 22
As soon as she said they had an exciting #gifted day ahead....
so she couldn’t stay in bed depressed,
like it’s a choice,
I dipped out.

that girl has everything at her feet, and you can argue that even with everything at her feet she can still suffer with her mental health.
totally true.
But with all the resources in the world open to her, the fact she’s doing duck ALL to change her situation makes me angry at her.

I’m sure so many on this platform know how difficult it is to access MH services, years of waiting lists for therapy or waiting lists to see a consultant to then be referred to a therapist or a program. 🙄
And she could have it all available to her at the click of her fingers but she pays a therapist to baby sit her and wipe her ass and tuck her into bed at 7pm.

I have nothing more to say about her.
I don’t feel sorry for her. But it’s sad watching her feel sorry for herself and doing duck all to change her situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
This is why when she was going on about her MH, I was like oh that's sad... but then she kept making excuses and not addressing that maybe she could do more to fix that and instead decided to do a day of doing nothing as usual. The fact she said she couldn't be bothered to keep up with doing a vlog every day this month when really December is the only time she actually works... One month (and not even that it's only 24 days) out of the entire year and this is too much for Zoe? Really?! Try working an actual job then.

She disappears after Vlogmas and only re-emerges around mid-late March for her birthday. She takes chunks of the year off and does nothing but fester away in her not-mansion. Yes, she's known for Vlogmas but these days it's because those are the only videos she makes some effort with in terms of consistent filming and a schedule. Now this is also being scrapped. Bravo.

I think we have all had low points in our lives and I understand needing to take care of your MH and giving yourself some self-care and love. But being lazy and not lifting a finger is not the way to tackle her MH issues that she has. Like others have said, she has all the time and resources in the world and instead she makes excuses. She also can't give a proper apology for why she didn't tell any of her fans what was going on with Vlogmas yesterday? Why was it only Alfie was addressing it vaguely? And somehow despite her crippling anxiety she still manages to find a way to go out to London for ice skating (gifted). I skimmed her vlog but it doesn't seem she showed herself skating and instead just commentated on others skating?

Is this going to be her excuse when she stays at her airbnb the entire time in NY while ordering pizza?

Reactions: 16
As a psychiatrist it's so sad for me watching her talk about mental health this way ..

I too have depression and find Christmas mentally exhausting but I am working full time over Christmas cause being a doctor is my feicin job.

Zoe is constantly stuck in the child / teen mental state.. I wish she would get proper help. She needs to learn to think as an adult. She needs to get out, travel properly, learn a new language etc etc. Life is about growing and she stopped growing a longggg time ago !

Sure when I first started watching her in 2010 I was 21 and a med student with no hobbies or solid friends. Now I'm 30 and I've travelled the world, play on a rugby team and have loads of mates!

She'll regret it all in a few years.

Also every feicin Christmas she is ill. Usually a bad cold and now it's depression. Fair enough I believe she is sick but she needs to actually go work on her feicin self and improve and not mope around 24/7.
How hard is it to film 10 mins everyday for vlogmas ! Using depression as a way to get out of making videos lol K

Reactions: 24
She’s reduced her work commitments so much the last year or two, if she doesn’t vlogmas, what the hell does she do all year.

Ended Beauty/Lifestyle so she doesn’t have to pick colours in a meeting once a month.

Doesn’t upload main channel videos.

Barely vlogs the rest of the year.

Only product releases are collaborations, all she does is pick colours/names for approval and slap her name on, one day a month for that ColourPop rubbish.

She doesn’t do anything. Half of her mental health problems IMO come from lack of anything to do, I know when I wasn’t working, it really gets you down, add that to pre-existing MH issues, it’s gonna lead to depression. If she actually made an effort to get out the house and do more, even just going for a run (or walk) a day, going out regularly just to do things, whether for work or for pleasure, it would really help her. She needs a structure and reason to get up everyday, because she clearly hasn’t got one.

And quite frankly, half assing Vlogmas is only going to make things worse, this used to be her month. I think many of us here in the past enjoyed her Vlogmas, but like we had bingo last year, its become lazy, predictable and just a carrier for the near daily #AD.

Reactions: 22
She is the most frustrating person. All the opportunities at her fingertips squandered. She has backed herself into a corner with the clinging to being 20 and clinging to her moribund relationship. Being young when Alfie loved her was when she was happiest so she won't move on from that. She's like Miss Haversham. Her MH (my opinion so not based on anyone else's MH issues) is a safe unquestionable cocoon she can retreat to to justify her doing nothing. However she is desperately lazy and simply doesn't deserve followers.

Reactions: 14
This new novel is the only thing she can possibly be working on at the moment. Not that anyone will be looking forward to it. (Has this been mentioned on here before, I can’t remember where I first heard of the new book coming?)

Reactions: 5
I didn’t know about this and it makes me want to SCREAM! I’m an author and people becoming bestsellers just from using a ghost writer and having a YouTube following is so infuriating. She has no talent as a writer, whatsover, she doesn’t even have a proper literary agent, she’s just represented by Gleam. Whereas, Amy McCulloch is a good writer and has one of the best agents in the UK. I guarantee Amy is writing the book and Zoe is getting her cut just for slapping her name on it....So, I doubt it’s going to be keeping her very busy. We haven’t seen anything of her writing and it takes far longer than a year to produce and publish a book. It would already have to be written and be with editors by now.

This new novel is the only thing she can possibly be working on at the moment. Not that anyone will be looking forward to it. (Has this been mentioned on here before, I can’t remember where I first heard of the new book coming?)

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Oh GOD not another book please stop trying to be an author charity shops don't need more dross to clutter their shelves.

I used to work in an Oxfam bookshop and her books would be donated every week and sit on the shelves for the alloted time until they were binned. In the end I would just chuck them straight in the sacks for pulping there was no point even trying to sell them NO ONE WANTS THEM.

Reactions: 19
I watched her vlogmas and she spent such a long time explaining about this vlogmas being different (may not be everyday, videos may be short etc) she honestly spent 20 mins repeating herself over and over again

Reactions: 9
Basically a relaxed vlogmas.

"Recently I've just not been feeling great, like mental health wise.....my mental health is not great, so I decided I would sit down and talk about it because vlogmas isn't always going to be twinkly lights and smiley happy faces, it might be, some times.....This is my real life, and I didn't start vlogmas yesterday because I had a really awful day.....I was mostly just worrying about vlogmas, which is stupid, and I feel like the majority of you will probably be sat there like 'just dont do it!' cause I know how lovely you are 'please dont do it, we love it when you do but its not worth it for your mental health'.....but I enjoy doing this, and if I don't put that pressure on myself.....If I've got something fun planned, I'll take my camera along, but just gonna hold my hands up and say, I have no idea what this vlogmas is going to be like."

Shortened down her massive intro for you.

"A lot of people advised me not to do it, they were like look, you've done it every year, its free content, if its not there, it doesnt matter, focus on you....but at the same time, I know how much vlogmas means to a lot of people, and I know for the people that are having a crappy day, what ever I upload is what makes you feel better, so that's why I've come up with this compromise."

The free content comment makes me chuckle. As does the I'm doing it for you guys mentality. What a Saviour!
Sounds very similar to alfies intro of saying he may do it he may not, depends if he can be arsed and making out that he wasn’t going to do it but he’s going to as a big favour for all his fans

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.