Zoe Bee Beauty

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m certain her latest pic is face tuned? No wonder she has made a good name for herself if she’s suggesting her customers will end up with skin like that

Reactions: 1
Latest post claiming she is a healer and does what she does all to help her customers. Had to laugh. Not for the money then and the fact she cons all her customers with extortionate prices. Couldn’t possibly be that reason could it ha ha. Just wait for the price hikes coming

Her ingredients are basically a lot of Shea butter, almond oil, avo oil, orange oil. (Natural additional actives but no quantity given) These have evidence of being good for the skin but will definitely be greasy and are inexpensive. You can make these yourself very easily for a few pounds total including the container. They are literally a combination of very simple, easy to find ingredients with nothing special or expensive added you could do at home.

Her ingredients are basically a lot of Shea butter, almond oil, avo oil, orange oil. (Natural additional actives but no quantity given) These have evidence of being good for the skin but will definitely be greasy and are inexpensive. You can make these yourself very easily for a few pounds total including the container. They are literally a combination of very simple, easy to find ingredients with nothing special or expensive added you could do at home.
I was sure her ingredients in her creams don’t warrant their price tags. She claims to source her Shea butter from Ghana and has also mentioned there will be price changes due to sourcing better ingredients 😆 she must think people are completely thick as tit!
I do so hope she gets investigated one day over her little potions that could potentially harm someone since they’ve not been dermatologically tested and she and staff give out skin advice without any kind of cosmetology knowledge other than what they’ve read on Google!

I was sure her ingredients in her creams don’t warrant their price tags. She claims to source her Shea butter from Ghana and has also mentioned there will be price changes due to sourcing better ingredients 😆 she must think people are completely thick as tit!
I do so hope she gets investigated one day over her little potions that could potentially harm someone since they’ve not been dermatologically tested and she and staff give out skin advice without any kind of cosmetology knowledge other than what they’ve read on Google!
Ghana is one of the biggest producers of Shea. It’s only grown in a specific climate so it’s not like she’s getting a superior product. There is a difference between West and East African Shea, Eastern is better for skin care.
I’d assume she’s using 100% ingredients (because she’s not breaking down the ingredients further which would be very wrong) so she can rely on the manufacturers’ safety. They’re stable ingredients to mix together so I think the liability would go back to the producer of the components, she probably can’t be touched and has a disclaimer. When I say these are simple mixes, I mean they are very simple.
If you go on amazon or Holland and barret, get yourself a 100% Shea, a bottle of almond oil, orange oil, some zinc oxide powder and charcoal powder you’ll pretty much have her product. This is the kind of thing you would buy at a craft fair, or a hippy shop, just cleverly marketed.
Again, these are proven ingredients, they will be good for many skin types and most people couldn’t be arsed to DIY but we’re not talking about scientific research and technical ingredients, clinical trials that cost the money in other skin care so there’s really no justification for the price.

Reactions: 2
Ghana is one of the biggest producers of Shea. It’s only grown in a specific climate so it’s not like she’s getting a superior product. There is a difference between West and East African Shea, Eastern is better for skin care.
I’d assume she’s using 100% ingredients (because she’s not breaking down the ingredients further which would be very wrong) so she can rely on the manufacturers’ safety. They’re stable ingredients to mix together so I think the liability would go back to the producer of the components, she probably can’t be touched and has a disclaimer. When I say these are simple mixes, I mean they are very simple.
If you go on amazon or Holland and barret, get yourself a 100% Shea, a bottle of almond oil, orange oil, some zinc oxide powder and charcoal powder you’ll pretty much have her product. This is the kind of thing you would buy at a craft fair, or a hippy shop, just cleverly marketed.
Again, these are proven ingredients, they will be good for many skin types and most people couldn’t be arsed to DIY but we’re not talking about scientific research and technical ingredients, clinical trials that cost the money in other skin care so there’s really no justification for the price.
It’s shocking that other people are happily parting with so much cash for such simple creams. The whole business seems to be built on clever marketing. Making her products seem in demand by opening her online shop a few days a week and claiming she was selling thousands of products at a time, somehow worked, as did the overnight bot accounts that were going up by about 1000 each night. She successfully made the company look like it was growing at an exceptional speed and so many bought into it all when they were made to feel desperate to get their hands on the creams. I notice she only hires friends to help her as well and never complete strangers which screams dodgy to me. I guess it’s too risky for her to employ people she isn’t already friends with as someone without any loyalty to her could quite easily throw her under the bus or make copycat creams knowing how cheap they are to produce

Someone has asked on her fb page/latest post if her creams have an SPF, she said it has. My main concern when purchasing her creams was that it didn’t have an SPF (or so I thought). So that’s a bonus I suppose

Someone has asked on her fb page/latest post if her creams have an SPF, she said it has. My main concern when purchasing her creams was that it didn’t have an SPF (or so I thought). So that’s a bonus I suppose
I believe she uses zinc oxide and this is what will give some spf. However she will not know what degree of protection there is without testing and if she changes her suppliers of the components this will change.
This article explains it and funnily enough, gives very similar ingredients to hers for the basic recipe

I believe she uses zinc oxide and this is what will give some spf. However she will not know what degree of protection there is without testing and if she changes her suppliers of the components this will change.
This article explains it and funnily enough, gives very similar ingredients to hers for the basic recipe
Ah that makes sense! I try to use at least a spf 30 so when I tried her creams, I was worried about the sun protection. Thank you so much 😊

She has confirmed that her creams have SPF15. Someone asked if they have been clinically tested for that and she hasn’t answered 😬

Oooooh, lookee here:

Zoe's packaging is way prettier.

I read the Daily Mail article (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...eauty-products-hobby-successful-business.html) about Zoe and the accompanying comments; as someone pointed out in the comments, it's a strange name for a vegan line (bees), even if it is a play on her surname. I wonder if her labeling nowadays includes a list of products and size of the jar vs fill? I don't *think* she'd be allowed to sell in the US market without those details. I also wonder if she can answer if her products have any gluten in them ... as a coeliac it's the first thing I look for, and a lot of manufacturers are upfront about whether or not they are gluten-free. Her site doesn't make mention of that.

:unsure:

I'm sure that I read somewhere that, prior to selling these creams, she used to publish recipes for the creams. I use shea butter and it's brilliant and wanted to try to reproduce her creams for myself but when I googled, the were lots of recipes but none from Zoe

I’m glad there is a thread here as I follow Zoe bee and have been thinking of buying her eyelash serum, not interested in any of the creams but the before and after she post for the eyelashes are good I hope they aren’t photo shopped ?

Reactions: 2
I’m glad there is a thread here as I follow Zoe bee and have been thinking of buying her eyelash serum, not interested in any of the creams but the before and after she post for the eyelashes are good I hope they aren’t photo shopped ?
Can't speak about the serum but I do know she's massively increased the prices.

I'm sure that I read somewhere that, prior to selling these creams, she used to publish recipes for the creams. I use shea butter and it's brilliant and wanted to try to reproduce her creams for myself but when I googled, the were lots of recipes but none from Zoe
She doesn't want people to twig how basic and cheap her creams are to make, I'm sure of it

Hey everyone I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's had a very bad experience with her creams, I had a terrible reaction to it and have been messaging for help for the past week, everything I have said to them via email has been ignored and at last they have finally basically said that it's my own fault as it's my skin and there is nothing wrong with their products, they also refused to let me return it and told me they don't do returns under any circumstances and I should just give it to someone else! I am shocked as I had saved up for this amazing magical creams that she's always promoting with the most amazing reviews I've ever seen (which in hindsight are obviously fake!) I left an honest review on her site but it was deleted by them immediately which is extremely dishonest! Anyway I've found them on TripAdvisor which seems to be completely hidden from everywhere as obviously I'm assuming they don't want people to be able to leave reviews that they can't delete themselves, but here is the link if any of you were unaware! https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/zoebeebeauty.co.uk

Hello! I started using these creams a year ago, just before lockdown 1. Got really annoyed at the 'going live at 12' sales. But I did get drawn into it! Sat there with the laptop stress sweating to get my hands on it. I was expecting miracles that didn't happen. The nature's Botox...nope, the cream that help swell your lips...nope. I gave it months and it does help my dry skin feel less angry but it would, it's Shea butter. The worst thing is now0 the cream that was £13/£14 is now £28/£29!!!! I mean really! It's totally out of a price range now. Anyone used anything else that's helpful for dry itchy skin! 🤷. I don't know how she can get away with this. Feel like I'm paying for her posh new house!

• Sad
Reactions: 3