Zara McDermott

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the advice 🙏🏼 Still feel sick (guilty conscience!) but I’m starting to believe perhaps I don’t need to confess, I should just front it out! 😬

Thanks for the advice 🙏🏼 Still feel sick (guilty conscience!) but I’m starting to believe perhaps I don’t need to confess, I should just front it out! 😬
Oops, don’t know how I only managed to quote the ‘tit’ part!! 🤦🏻‍♀️ I meant all of it!! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

Oops, don’t know how I only managed to quote the ‘tit’ part!! 🤦🏻‍♀️ I meant all of it!! 😂
Confess what? Having an opinion on someone? Even if you wrote a comment like that on Facebook it’s not illegal, at most the post would get reported. Don’t stress anymore, you won’t get charges pressed against you and she’s calling your bluff. Who the f does this girl think she is ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 11
@linzilou, really sorry to disrupt this thread to contact you but I saw on another thread that you work for the police? I feel sick to my stomach as a couple of weeks ago I was having a bad day & posted about an influencer I know (have created a new username so she can’t see me writing this!!) going on & on about her child being the kindest ever (she is not!). She messaged the WhatsApp group saying she knows it was one of us and the police know who wrote it, but won’t act unless she presses charges. Fairly sure she’s BS-img to try to find out who it was but is there any way she could possibly have identified me? If she had managed to get the police to issue a warrant to tattle, would tattle inform me or not? I assume the police couldn’t pass on any of my information to her anyway, they’d have to speak to me themselves? I’d convinced myself she couldn’t possibly know BUT I’ve just come out of work to a missed call from her (never ever spoken to her outside of WhatsApp before) & now shitting bricks trying to decide if she is calling everyone to try to gauge their reaction when she speaks to them or if she really does somehow know it was me?? Any advice would be amazing please!!! 🙏🏼 Thank you so much & apologies again for hijacking the thread, I’m just desperate!
hiya,

sorry i missed this notification yesterday but the advice everyone else has given you is correct.

unless something threatening was said the police will do nothing, and even if it was threatening it would have to be very extreme.

regarding sending warrants to tattle, it would be unheard of. Judges will not even grant warrants when people are basically threatening to commit suicide online.
Even if on the 0.0001% chance the police took this case up, what could they charge you with? The police are not the deciders of the law and being offended is no measure of crime. Its CPS that decide and they have points that have to be met- it has to be in the public interest to charge you and there has to be a very good chance you are guilty. what are you guilty of? calling your friend a knob- we'd all be locked up by now.

no matter what you have done or said, you still have the right to a private life, and gossip sites are not illegal.

have you ever mentioned tattle to your friend? or mentioned something you have read on here? it might not be the best advice but id say deny deny deny!

sorry meant to say as well that legally or with regards to the police she doesnt know who you are.

the only way she knows is if you have given it away with your language, spelling mistakes or punctuation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
@linzilou, really sorry to disrupt this thread to contact you but I saw on another thread that you work for the police? I feel sick to my stomach as a couple of weeks ago I was having a bad day & posted about an influencer I know (have created a new username so she can’t see me writing this!!) going on & on about her child being the kindest ever (she is not!). She messaged the WhatsApp group saying she knows it was one of us and the police know who wrote it, but won’t act unless she presses charges. Fairly sure she’s BS-img to try to find out who it was but is there any way she could possibly have identified me? If she had managed to get the police to issue a warrant to tattle, would tattle inform me or not? I assume the police couldn’t pass on any of my information to her anyway, they’d have to speak to me themselves? I’d convinced myself she couldn’t possibly know BUT I’ve just come out of work to a missed call from her (never ever spoken to her outside of WhatsApp before) & now shitting bricks trying to decide if she is calling everyone to try to gauge their reaction when she speaks to them or if she really does somehow know it was me?? Any advice would be amazing please!!! 🙏🏼 Thank you so much & apologies again for hijacking the thread, I’m just desperate!
Yeah she's 100% bullshitting. Members of the public don't get to 'press charges' against people who dont like them. It's not even a police matter.

BUT don't be a snake lol. Don't be on friendship terms with people you don't like.

Reactions: 12
Yeah she's 100% bullshitting. Members of the public don't get to 'press charges' against people who dont like them. It's not even a police matter.

BUT don't be a snake lol. Don't be on friendship terms with people you don't like.
You’re 100% right. It was a crappy thing for me to do & I’m feeling pretty ashamed of myself at the minute x

• Sad
Reactions: 6
This is like Faye and Megan Ellaby - they turned up at a tattlers house screaming bloody murder saying they'll get police and lawyers involved if this person doesnt delete their tattle comments. Really awful and terrifying for the person involved when they're not breaking the law. Take no notice. They'll do eff all. Much worse things going on in the world i dont know where these people get their huge egos from!!! Thinking they're hollywood a listers!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
This is like Faye and Megan Ellaby - they turned up at a tattlers house screaming bloody murder saying they'll get police and lawyers involved if this person doesnt delete their tattle comments. Really awful and terrifying for the person involved when they're not breaking the law. Take no notice. They'll do eff all. Much worse things going on in the world i dont know where these people get their huge egos from!!! Thinking they're hollywood a listers!
yeah its the thing that really really winds me up- when influencers say the police are involved so they cant talk about it, or the police are dealing with it.
the police are at breaking point, they do not care about whiney influencer babies being offended by everything. being offended does not make you a victim of a crime.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It sounds like whatever you said made her think it was someone she knew, which is why she's aimed that at your whatsapps group. There is no way she would know exactly who it was from an IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) or anything, she wouldn't be able to get that information and the police certainly wouldn't entertain a bit of a rant on a gossip website. The only thing is if she has read through your previous posts any maybe worked something out from what you have said. But yeah like everyone else has said, no possible way the police would take it further unless there was some sort of threat of violence or immediate threat to her safety.

Reactions: 5
hiya,

sorry i missed this notification yesterday but the advice everyone else has given you is correct.

unless something threatening was said the police will do nothing, and even if it was threatening it would have to be very extreme.

regarding sending warrants to tattle, it would be unheard of. Judges will not even grant warrants when people are basically threatening to commit suicide online.
Even if on the 0.0001% chance the police took this case up, what could they charge you with? The police are not the deciders of the law and being offended is no measure of crime. Its CPS that decide and they have points that have to be met- it has to be in the public interest to charge you and there has to be a very good chance you are guilty. what are you guilty of? calling your friend a knob- we'd all be locked up by now.

no matter what you have done or said, you still have the right to a private life, and gossip sites are not illegal.

have you ever mentioned tattle to your friend? or mentioned something you have read on here? it might not be the best advice but id say deny deny deny!

sorry meant to say as well that legally or with regards to the police she doesnt know who you are.

the only way she knows is if you have given it away with your language, spelling mistakes or punctuation.
Thank you all so much for all the advice. Stupidly it was obvious that it was this particular circle. Am fairly sure she does know it’s me and yeah, maybe because she recognises my style of writing? I hadn’t written any other posts before that one so I couldn’t have given myself away before that. Torn between total denial & confessing! 😬😩 If there’s absolutely no way other than guess work that she could know it’s me, then denial might be the way to go... Eeek, wish me luck!! Xx

Just a thought - could she prove something or come after me in a civil suit?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Thank you all so much for all the advice. Stupidly it was obvious that it was this particular circle. Am fairly sure she does know it’s me and yeah, maybe because she recognises my style of writing? I hadn’t written any other posts before that one so I couldn’t have given myself away before that. Torn between total denial & confessing! 😬😩 If there’s absolutely no way other than guess work that she could know it’s me, then denial might be the way to go... Eeek, wish me luck!! Xx

Keep schtum! good luck

Reactions: 4

I feel like a civil suit would be way too much effort - but I don't know a huge amount about these so unsure. Anyone else know?

If she confronts you just turn it round on her, how could you even think that, i'm insulted etc lol

Reactions: 1
what the hell?!
how did they find they address?

what the hell?!
how did they find they address?
They did some detective work and found out who it was...think they had mutual friends? And mutual friend showed the ellabys where she lived.

Thing is though, she didn't even live there - just her elderly father - so they screamed bloody murder at HIM instead....in the peak of fuckin lockdown. Awful!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Civil is totally different to criminal. The only repercussion of a civil suit is compensation. What could she be compensated for? Has She lost money because of your comment, has she had time off sick, has it caused her so much mental anguish that she has been treated medically for it.

It’s not a case of her saying she wants X amount of money to make her feel better, the judge would decide how much to award.

There’s been a big shift in the last few years that stops petty grievances getting as far as the civil court, so I can’t see it happening unless she had millions to throw at it.

Even trying to find a solicitor to take on the case would be near impossible,

Solicitor : what do you want to sue your friend for?

Her: she called my kid a twit on an anonymous gossip forum, even though I plaster my life online anyway.

Solicitor: brilliant, this is what I live for.

If you follow the jack Monroe forum you might have read a bit on her case with Katie Hopkins. What Hopkins did was also not criminal and Monroe was compensated through the civil courts because the comments led to her allegedly being abused and losing out commercially because it affected her reputation.

You have done nothing wrong except maybe be a bad friend. And that’s not illegal either criminally or in a civil court.

I’ve just re-read your original post and you said that she said the police would only proceed if she decided to press charges?

She’s lying, it’s CPS who decide weather or not to press charges, she wouldn’t have any say over it once she had given a statement (which she hasn’t)

Civil is totally different to criminal. The only repercussion of a civil suit is compensation. What could she be compensated for? Has She lost money because of your comment, has she had time off sick, has it caused her so much mental anguish that she has been treated medically for it.

It’s not a case of her saying she wants X amount of money to make her feel better, the judge would decide how much to award.

There’s been a big shift in the last few years that stops petty grievances getting as far as the civil court, so I can’t see it happening unless she had millions to throw at it.

Even trying to find a solicitor to take on the case would be near impossible,

Solicitor : what do you want to sue your friend for?

Her: she called my kid a twit on an anonymous gossip forum, even though I plaster my life online anyway.

Solicitor: brilliant, this is what I live for.

If you follow the jack Monroe forum you might have read a bit on her case with Katie Hopkins. What Hopkins did was also not criminal and Monroe was compensated through the civil courts because the comments led to her allegedly being abused and losing out commercially because it affected her reputation.

You have done nothing wrong except maybe be a bad friend. And that’s not illegal either criminally or in a civil court.

I’ve just re-read your original post and you said that she said the police would only proceed if she decided to press charges?

She’s lying, it’s CPS who decide weather or not to press charges, she wouldn’t have any say over it once she had given a statement (which she hasn’t)
Thanks so much for the advice again! Do you know how would she go about getting my identity in a civil case & how quickly could she do that? (Should also say that I contacted admin & had both my posts deleted because I felt bad that she found out & was hurt by it. I realise that doesn’t change the fact they were out there in the first place but would it show that any ‘damage’ was extremely limited?) xx

Thanks so much for the advice again! Do you know how would she go about getting my identity in a civil case & how quickly could she do that? (Should also say that I contacted admin & had both my posts deleted because I felt bad that she found out & was hurt by it. I realise that doesn’t change the fact they were out there in the first place but would it show that any ‘damage’ was extremely limited?) xx
Well it would be very very difficult for her to identify you, the only institute that knows who you are is tattle itself so her hypothetical solicitor could ask tattle to cooperate, which they would be under no obligation to do so.

Civil cases are usually fraud related, for example if someone conned me out of money via tattle then I’m sure tattle would cooperate with each solicitor because there’s financial value there, and my life would be greatly affected.

I think you are letting your anxiety over this run away with you. It’s really very harshly looked upon to waste judges time, or to bring costly pointless cases to court.

You are fine, lesson learnt.

I feel like a civil suit would be way too much effort - but I don't know a huge amount about these so unsure. Anyone else know?
Technically she could but only if she loves wasting money and a hell of a lot of it. She wouldn't win anything but you have nothing to lose by keeping it zipped and letting her just give you the side eye of suspicion!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.