Zanna Van Dijk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is also constantly trying to get people to tag a friend in her posts! Literally the oldest trick in the book to try and up your engagement. It really shows how desperate she is.
Her engagement has gone south. She clearly doesn't listen to suggestion or criticism. People are getting sick of the:
1. Bragging
2. Boasting
3. Egotism
4. Plant Based
5. Climate Change
She needs to study demographics. She's only appealing to a very small minority. She goes to some amazing places but manages to make it look like Butlins. No facts about the areas, just look at me me me. So boring ๐Ÿ˜ด

Reactions: 5
She goes to some amazing places but manages to make it look like Butlins.
So true! Genuinely doesn't make me remotely interested in travelling to any of the places she showcases, even if they're places that have been on my list for ages. Zanna goes and then I'm like meh looks a bit dull. All of the photos from this California trip look so posed and over-edited. And really, really cheesy.

Reactions: 4
Thatโ€™s because Zanna is dull and preachy. I used to really like her, even bought her first book but honestly between the preaching and also very fake persona - I got tired of it.

Plus: when will she stop making these posts about not being bothered about the height difference between her and her boyfriend? Honestly, I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever seen a comment about it yet she always brings it up. No one cares, hun but guess what? She gets higher engagement on those posts.

Sheโ€™s so transparent

Reactions: 3
Plus: when will she stop making these posts about not being bothered about the height difference between her and her boyfriend? Honestly, I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever seen a comment about it yet she always brings it up. No one cares, hun but guess what? She gets higher engagement on those posts.

Sheโ€™s so transparent

Ditto the posts about her scar and surgery and being proud of it / not ashamed to where a bikini. Yes, I get it, and good to promote body positivity but jeez stop milking it for all it's worth.

Reactions: 1
So true! Genuinely doesn't make me remotely interested in travelling to any of the places she showcases, even if they're places that have been on my list for ages. Zanna goes and then I'm like meh looks a bit dull. All of the photos from this California trip look so posed and over-edited. And really, really cheesy.
I've posted this over on Steph's thread but it applies to them both ....
I was thinking about this earlier and how she cheapens everything. Her and Zanna have really got on my tits this trip. They have no respect or reverence for anything. They are in some incredibly spiritual places and skip, do cartwheels, shriek like 4 year olds and basically just behave like trailer park trash. The guy travelling with them must think wtf, they are so childish and irritating. I bet he can't wait to ditch them. If they are ambassadors for California then that state is in trouble. They are so thick. I noticed they wouldn't get in the hot springs cos it was "too hot". Remove a couple of the rocks you twit to let some cooler river water in. They know nothing about the country and wilderness they are in and are too ignorant to find out. They could be giving info about the indigenous tribes of California, Shoshone, Hoopa, people who actually respected the land, but instead they just seem so disrespectful of a place with 2000 year old trees. They don't have a cultured bone in their bodies. They just disgust me on so many levels. Rant over ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 7
Oh gosh don't even get me started on Steph. I've never followed her and she's a big part of why I'm not watching any of Zanna's stories whilst she's in California. That girl is so irritating. Constantly trying to be funny and cute but just moaning and coming off as ridiculously naive all the time. She's even more detached from the real world than Zanna.

Neither of them have any interest in or respect for the places they go to. As long as it's a good photo opp they'll be there. I'm also really cringing at every single photo they've posted. They are all so cheesy and posed. It looks like they're in some kind of cult. And dark and grainy too. That must be their photographer's style but that never makes me want to go somewhere, just makes it look dreary and dark and not very fun. Why oh why the tourism board thought this whole campaign with both of them in this style was a good idea is beyond me.

Oh gosh don't even get me started on Steph. I've never followed her and she's a big part of why I'm not watching any of Zanna's stories whilst she's in California. That girl is so irritating. Constantly trying to be funny and cute but just moaning and coming off as ridiculously naive all the time. She's even more detached from the real world than Zanna.

Neither of them have any interest in or respect for the places they go to. As long as it's a good photo opp they'll be there. I'm also really cringing at every single photo they've posted. They are all so cheesy and posed. It looks like they're in some kind of cult. And dark and grainy too. That must be their photographer's style but that never makes me want to go somewhere, just makes it look dreary and dark and not very fun. Why oh why the tourism board thought this whole campaign with both of them in this style was a good idea is beyond me.
It's almost sad that they think they're funny. That trip could have been amazing on anyone else's insta account ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 2
On their way back home and banging on about Impossible burgers on Air NZ. What's wrong with these people, do they not research ingredients. This surprises me no end as they are all about healthy eating. That tit is bound together with KY Jelly basically (methylcellulose) which is also a laxative. Been pooing good Zanna ๐Ÿ™„ Yeah, real healthy! Delusional.

Reactions: 1
Thank goodness they are almost home and will soon grace us with their presence. Life without Zanna's stories has been so peaceful. Might start watching again once she's home but not watching any of her holiday videos has been a very good decision - 10/10 would recommend.

On their way back home and banging on about Impossible burgers on Air NZ. What's wrong with these people, do they not research ingredients. This surprises me no end as they are all about healthy eating. That tit is bound together with KY Jelly basically (methylcellulose) which is also a laxative. Been pooing good Zanna ๐Ÿ™„ Yeah, real healthy! Delusional.
If they're all about healthy eating and pushing healthy products, I think they should get a qualification in that field, otherwise what they say is really good for nothing.

Her and that HC Steph, smug old Rh*trition, Che$sie and Alice Levieng are always fishing for sympathy after every few posts or insta stories.

I've noticed a trend happening amongst these privileged influencers, moreso in the last 2 years. It's now been called 'SadFishing'.

They brag and show-off about their gifted or sponsored freebies, clothes, makeup and holidays and then hypocritically bang on about how we all need to cut down on our waste for eco reasons. Then like clock work, once a month at least, they'll sob on camera or talk about how they 'had to climb up to their present position and overcome some underprivileged background or hardship, like having o work an after school job' (usually all BS and exaggerated beyond belief - but the way they talk about it you'd think they got to where they are after having to overcome a background like they were raised in a third world country or something); it's either that kind of thing or they'll moan and whinge about 'being tired' or their skin and point out the tiniest little zit on their chin whilst talking about how they're 'just like us' and also get down days and spots, (and how the zit is affecting they're mental health). This is all done to show they're 'relatable' to the masses.

fed up of they're constant neediness for attention and sympathy. grow up ffs!!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10043384/what-sadfishing-everything-know-social-media-trend/

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Her and that HC Steph, smug old Rh*trition, Che$sie and Alice Levieng are always fishing for sympathy after every few posts or insta stories.

I've noticed a trend happening amongst these privileged influencers, moreso in the last 2 years. It's now been called 'SadFishing'.

They brag and show-off about their gifted or sponsored freebies, clothes, makeup and holidays and then hypocritically bang on about how we all need to cut down on our waste for eco reasons. Then like clock work, once a month at least, they'll sob on camera or talk about how they 'had to climb up to their present position and overcome some underprivileged background or hardship, like having o work an after school job' (usually all BS and exaggerated beyond belief - but the way they talk about it you'd think they got to where they are after having to overcome a background like they were raised in a third world country or something); it's either that kind of thing or they'll moan and whinge about 'being tired' or their skin and point out the tiniest little zit on their chin whilst talking about how they're 'just like us' and also get down days and spots, (and how the zit is affecting they're mental health). This is all done to show they're 'relatable' to the masses.

fed up of they're constant neediness for attention and sympathy. grow up ffs!!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10043384/what-sadfishing-everything-know-social-media-trend/
๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐ŸŽฃ They even have emojis for it ๐Ÿ˜‚
HCS even had to mention it on her last California post, how she's constantly criticised and ridiculed online and how it's chipped away at her blah blah blah ๐Ÿ™„ NOBODY CARES! She has literally everything, travel, money, loving parents, devoted boyfriend, stfu you spoilt brat, stop moaning, it's makes her so unlikeable when she has so much and seems so ungrateful And it doesn't matter how many times she says she's grateful, just moaning all the time cancels that message out! Sad fishing is so appropriate because it must make her feel great when the fan girls tell her how wonderful she is and how awful anyone who criticises her is. Grow up!

Last edited:
I agree!

Not quite as extreme but reminds me of Zanna's recent post from LFW saying how amazed she is that she's come from a farm in Yorkshire to the front row at London Fashion Week. Like you mean how you can from a very wealthy home with loads of privilege to a festival full of wealthy, privileged people and loads of narcissism? Yeah must be so hard to see how that happened.

Hadn't heard of sadfishing before and as much as I despise The Sun that was interesting to read. So many of them do it all the time. Saying how overwhelmed they are, how hard things are, how busy they are. This constant oh woe is me attitude is so sickening when it comes from such a place of money, freebies and a bloody easy lifestyle, let's be honest. For goodness sake Zanna, you wouldn't be feeling so overwhelmed with work if you actually did some instead of going on holiday every couple of weeks.

Reactions: 6
I agree!

Not quite as extreme but reminds me of Zanna's recent post from LFW saying how amazed she is that she's come from a farm in Yorkshire to the front row at London Fashion Week. Like you mean how you can from a very wealthy home with loads of privilege to a festival full of wealthy, privileged people and loads of narcissism? Yeah must be so hard to see how that happened.

Hadn't heard of sadfishing before and as much as I despise The Sun that was interesting to read. So many of them do it all the time. Saying how overwhelmed they are, how hard things are, how busy they are. This constant oh woe is me attitude is so sickening when it comes from such a place of money, freebies and a bloody easy lifestyle, let's be honest. For goodness sake Zanna, you wouldn't be feeling so overwhelmed with work if you actually did some instead of going on holiday every couple of weeks.
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

On the subject of sad fishing, did anyone see that ridiculous post Sali Hughes put up on insta moaning about Tattle Life? Bloody laughable when she's the biggest bully of them all. These influencers are actually behaving like celebrities. They need to get over themselves. All the ones being spoken about are so far up theirs own arses they've forgotten how to be real! And you can't address anything controversial or questioning with them because they pull that block button like a gun. We have no power to police unreasonably poor advertising or content because you're just shut down. People have valid points to moan about so web sites like this are the only way to get your point across. When you end up on here it's normally because you've been disregarded as if nothing you have to say matters. By that time I have plenty to say witches ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Last edited:
I'd never heard of Sali Hughes but just looked up her post. Hearing her video I do feel sorry for her as that sounds really vicious. But I also have no idea what she does or what has been posted about her so I have no idea if she's dramatising things or if it really was horrible. I do think talking about her friends and children etc... who aren't in the public eye is unfair if it's been done in the way that she claims. However, if she's chosen to put those people on her public account and people don't believe that she's doing it authentically etc... then why can't they raise that as a question here? Same way that I think it's fair for people to make comments on parenting methods if someone's whole career is built around their parenting (e.g. family vlogging channels). Not taking a side on the issue either way as I don't know enough about her or the threads on her but I don't think it's as black and white as she makes out.

I know posts on this website are public. However, I believe most of them (at least this thread about Zanna) are genuine criticism and opinion and not bullying. We're not trying to get Zanna fired (I mean, from where anyway?), or track down her family / distress them. I don't want to speak for everyone else on here, but on this thread, I think we give our opinions on the really hypocritical things that Zanna does because it's very frustrating when someone is claiming publicly to be something they are not. Such as when they are openly encouraging behaviour that is so damaging to climate and social justice whilst claiming they are eco-conscious people. If they won't respond on their posts to questions then, of course, people will need to find somewhere else to post those concerns?

I think there is a point where people have to accept that if you want to put yourself in the public eye and act like a brand (i.e. "you must accept some sponsorships from me in return for free content") then you also need to be open to criticism and questions, and accept that your "customers" may well voice that publicly somewhere. You can't make your money off the back of your follower's support and then disregard anything they ever question as bullying.

This content is also posted on a separate website. I would never, ever send one of these "influencers" a DM or comment on their post with hate, swearing, and just mean comments about their appearance or whatever. That would be bullying. But that's not what Tattle is? Most of these threads I think are started / used by people who genuinely liked and respected these influencers at one point and got frustrated with the lack of transparency, moaning and dishonesty that came as they grew and got so sucked into making money. These threads could actually be quite useful feedback for them if they wanted to do some market research.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'd never heard of Sali Hughes but just looked up her post. Hearing her video I do feel sorry for her as that sounds really vicious. But I also have no idea what she does or what has been posted about her so I have no idea if she's dramatising things or if it really was horrible. I do think talking about her friends and children etc... who aren't in the public eye is unfair if it's been done in the way that she claims. However, if she's chosen to put those people on her public account and people don't believe that she's doing it authentically etc... then why can't they raise that as a question here? Same way that I think it's fair for people to make comments on parenting methods if someone's whole career is built around their parenting (e.g. family vlogging channels). Not taking a side on the issue either way as I don't know enough about her or the threads on her but I don't think it's as black and white as she makes out.

I know posts on this website are public. However, I believe most of them (at least this thread about Zanna) are genuine criticism and opinion and not bullying. We're not trying to get Zanna fired (I mean, from where anyway?), or track down her family / distress them. I don't want to speak for everyone else on here, but on this thread, I think we give our opinions on the really hypocritical things that Zanna does because it's very frustrating when someone is claiming publicly to be something they are not. Such as when they are openly encouraging behaviour that is so damaging to climate and social justice whilst claiming they are eco-conscious people. If they won't respond on their posts to questions then, of course, people will need to find somewhere else to post those concerns?

I think there is a point where people have to accept that if you want to put yourself in the public eye and act like a brand (i.e. "you must accept some sponsorships from me in return for free content") then you also need to be open to criticism and questions, and accept that your "customers" may well voice that publicly somewhere. You can't make your money off the back of your follower's support and then disregard anything they ever question as bullying.

This content is also posted on a separate website. I would never, ever send one of these "influencers" a DM or comment on their post with hate, swearing, and just mean comments about their appearance or whatever. That would be bullying. But that's not what Tattle is? Most of these threads I think are started / used by people who genuinely liked and respected these influencers at one point and got frustrated with the lack of transparency, moaning and dishonesty that came as they grew and got so sucked into making money. These threads could actually be quite useful feedback for them if they wanted to do some market research.
Well said. As for Sali Hughes, I didn't know who she was until last week but if you look at the thread in some depth it seems she has over egged it somewhat. It didn't take me long to find out the fact that she's done her fair share of online bullying of others, especially, very publicly, Giles Coren's wife. I just believe don't dish it out if you can't take it. The moment they start bleating they lose my support. I agree, if you use your kids publicly then shame on you and you get what you deserve. I don't follow her, won't and am not really interested in anything she has to say, but the "sad fishing" wave is just growing.

Both Zanna and Steph have used it in an attempt to gain support/sympathy, but if you're in the public eye, I'm afraid it comes with the territory. Especially when all you ever talk about is yourself and your achievements as they both do. I don't know how they can't work that one out, especially Zanna. Why doesn't she just come out and say "I'm the best at everything on the planet" because that's how she comes across. Nobody, NOBODY likes boastful people. Also, if she just quietly did her little efforts for the planet, recycling, picking up trash etc, what makes her thinks that qualifies her to tell anyone else what to do. Nobody likes being told how to live their lives, especially by somebody who has evidenced her hypocrisy the way she has. Just shut up about it Zanna! Oh wait, you have nothing to offer unless it's about yourself, I forgot.

You're also right about the transparency and dishonesty and this forum is the only method available, it seems, to address these issues and get an alternative viewpoint across because we all know the minute you ask the influencers you are shut down and blocked. Nobody has threatened them, nobody is trying to hurt them, we just all have a point to share and like you say, if they had the balls to listen they may actually learn how to turn it around.

Zanna really really annoys me, as she is always going on about how she wants to talk to her followers, any questions, she loves talking anything eco etc etc. But the moment we ask her a question that goes against what she says and does then she removes your post and blocks you. ๐Ÿ˜•

So Zanna please don't ask for conversation if you are only happy to answer those that lick your a**e. ๐Ÿ˜ก

Zanna really really annoys me, as she is always going on about how she wants to talk to her followers, any questions, she loves talking anything eco etc etc. But the moment we ask her a question that goes against what she says and does then she removes your post and blocks you. ๐Ÿ˜•

So Zanna please don't ask for conversation if you are only happy to answer those that lick your a**e. ๐Ÿ˜ก
AMEN!

Oh for goodness sake. Her latest rant about not having time to do anything.

Yes, I agree it's hard to do all of that stuff. I definitely struggle to have a social life as well as a busy career and do all the self care stuff I would like. But it's a hell of a lot easier when you don't spend 50% of your time on holiday. Come one Zanna. Spend a significant portion of your time actually working (and not leaving Nat to run Stay Wild Swim on her own and then just showing up for the photo ops) and you'll see it's not as hard as you think. Especially when your job is literally posting photos on social media - that really is not as time consuming as you think it is.

Reactions: 6
I've come to the conclusion that if your job entails thinking and talking about yourself 24/7 you become the biggest narcissist going with a very skewed view of the world. It's clear that this girl's world revolves around herself and I predict a lonely future as friends drop away one by one when they finally hit their 30s and realise what a boring self-cantered bore Zanna is. There a big world outside of your head. Even when she travels to these places you can tell she's missing most of it by always looking for the next photo opportunity or how she can formulate a story. She's not even seeing what's around her. She's sad.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.