Zanna Van Dijk #8 Gifted Nest in Tier 4, no more travel for Zambia, she's shook to core

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why has the post from the person who knows the contractors been deleted?

Reactions: 7
Poor person probably got attacked by Zanna!
It is suss isn’t it? Unless the poster decided that they revealed a bit too much information and deleted it themselves, which is understandable. I don’t know what she and Ant expected? Renovating a house is messy. My parents house was a doer upper that they bought from an elderly couple who’d decided to downsize when I was six, it had barely been touched since the 1970’s and so tired, dated and run down and had a lot structural problems and damp. It needed loads doing and had to be totally gutted, and my dad did most of it himself, calling in favours from other tradesmen. We lived in it as they did all the work because our old house had been sold. It was like living in a building site for quite a while! But we managed, that’s two adults and two children. In fact I don’t remember it being it particularly difficult. We just got on with it. Their house doesn’t seem to have needed anywhere as much doing as ours did! They’ve not had to pull all the floor boards up, have it re wire or replastered like we did. They need to get a grip.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Anyone else seen the Surrey nest stories???
Holy cow, she says the cracks are not a big deal, there are bigger issues. The cracks in the wood are shrinkage. The wood used is usually stored in cold environments. Once brought into a warm environment it shrinks and cracks. That’s not the fault of the contractor, it’s nature. Wood filler and more paint you won’t even notice it. The problem is if the contractor doesn’t do the remedial work. She’s jumping the gun here. If there are bigger issues why not show them? The pair of them sound like whining little brats. I’m renovating a 200 year old house, it’s carnage, but I’m not a witch and understand there will always be issues. It’s snowing where I am and I’m having new windows put in today. Maybe I should complain about freezing my arse off 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This amazing parody video from Bella Mackie made me think of one influencer and one influencer only
spot on 🤣 she really reminded me of how Montana from love island talks. montana went to maldives to shoot photos for her new bikini range..flying about 20 people all that way just to take a few photos during a pandemic when we have beautiful coastlines and beaches like cornwall in the UK it’s just crazy. kaz flying to dubai to launch her headbands claiming it was work yet has been out there for like 2 months is even funnier. i just can’t with this generation and i’m only 29! they think they’re owed something. it’s the ‘please keep the nasty comments to yourselves’ which shows how up their own asses they are that they completely miss the point

Reactions: 12
I also found it suspicious that Zanna moved in and got her work started nearly straightaway.
I was advised to LIVE in the house for at least 8 months before doing any major renovations as you'll change your mind 100 times during that time and can actually see what's practical by living there beforehand x

Once brought into a warm environment it shrinks and cracks.
Hahaha, and we all know how HOT she has her house as she walks around in crop tops, and Ants in tshirt&shorts, in winter!!

Reactions: 16
I was advised to LIVE in the house for at least 8 months before doing any major renovations as you'll change your mind 100 times during that time and can actually see what's practical by living there beforehand x

Hahaha, and we all know how HOT she has her house as she walks around in crop tops, and Ants in tshirt&shorts, in winter!!
And, I wanna know who told them tongue and groove was a thing. Yeah, a thing in the 60s. She calls it panelling. I call it council house chic 😂😂
If I was the contractor I’d sue her bleeping arse for defamation. Why does she publicly call people out, the repercussions of which could be that they go out of business. A grown up would discuss it privately to see if there could be a compromise. She’s a head!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I feel like panelling will age like that plaster patterned ceiling did from back in the day 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What has Jojo actually done except told her to paint the skirting boards, doors and panelling in bizarre colours that totally don’t fit the style of the house? And point her in the direction of the most popular furniture styles at the moment? If you’re hiring an interior designer i would expect something groundbreaking and unique. Looking at jojo’s page some of her work looks nice so maybe it it just zanna’s lack of taste.

The dark doors and green skirts would look so much better in an old London terraced house which they could have easily got for the same price and would have been a much more practical size for the two of them. They look swamped by their family mansion and clearly have no idea what to do with it.

Reactions: 17
Someone posted here that through some tenuous links they had learned jojo and Zanna are bad to work with, and it’s no reflection on the builders as OP themselves had good experiences. Just that zanna and Jojo are clueless about what’s involved and what’s in the builders control, with unrealistic expectations etc. Especially with a job booked last minute.

Reactions: 5
I screenshot a response to it - I hope I won't get in to trouble by posting it?
100% on all of this. We have had builders in “really” renovating, not just bleeping decorating which is all these two are doing. We’ve had 2ft thick walls knocked through, new kitchen and bathrooms installed, including ripping out walls, floors etc, all new windows. It’s taken 6 months so far, not the couple of weeks she’s been through. It is a nightmare and my nerves from just the noise alone are shot. The people doing the work have all been amazing and I truly put this down to the fact that it’s because we welcomed them into our home and treated them like decent human beings. I’ve felt every one of them has done us the favour. I know people like these two. I’d rather tit in my hands and clap than have anything to do with them. I’d sue!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
100% on all of this. We have had builders in “really” renovating, not just bleeping decorating which is all these two are doing. We’ve had 2ft thick walls knocked through, new kitchen and bathrooms installed, including ripping out walls, floors etc, all new windows. It’s taken 6 months so far, not the couple of weeks she’s been through. It is a nightmare and my nerves from just the noise alone are shot. The people doing the work have all been amazing and I truly put this down to the fact that it’s because we welcomed them into our home and treated them like decent human beings. I’ve felt every one of them has done us the favour. I know people like these two. I’d rather tit in my hands and clap than have anything to do with them. I’d sue!!!
respecting the builders and trades is key. decent ones know their stuff, and have a wealth of knowledge. My builders have told me about how other customers have talked down to them, expect them to work miracles, expect things that were not included in the quote, cant make decisions for tit and then complain things take too long, withhold payment etc. I actually felt sorry for them as they probably have to deal with so many arseholes. Youd never go to your dentist and tell them how to do their job because that would be disrespectful, yet people do it to trades people all the time. Yes there are cowboy builders etc but I reckon the chances are Zanna and her snobby mate jojo have been rude and disrespectful throughout. I wouldn’t dream of going round my extension with red stickers to point out snagging. I’d just make a list and chat to my builder about it like a normal human instead of being a passive aggressive twit.

Reactions: 15
It was obvious from the get-go she expected everything to be done within a week and then whenever any normal delays happened she'd complain on insta stories. Clearly someone who's never had to work for anything, wait for anything and has been given everything she wants immediately.

Also calling her home a 'construction site' for two months because there were some floorboards piled up in a corner. Sure Zambia.

Her attitude is so disgusting and I honestly think Ant is stressed because he's carrying the costs and she's probably having a big cry every night about her cracked panelling to him and pressuring him to 'sort it out' with the workers.

She's disgusting. I've unfollowed her Insta (got blocked on her home account when I told her to stop begging for content and engagement :) ). Spending 2 million pounds (whether it is her money or Ant's) in 2020 on a house, car, renovation and travel on top of everything else but constantly needing a big cry and complaining about NORMAL EVERY DAY LIFE THINGS and 'adulting' is the most pathetic thing I've seen. I know a lot of influencers have been wangs this year but Zanna gets first place.

Happy to stay on this thread and witch though! Makes me feel better about my own life, although not perfect or extravagant, I'm an actual hard working adult who's earned her tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.