Zanna Van Dijk #8 Gifted Nest in Tier 4, no more travel for Zambia, she's shook to core

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't a contractor walk out like a week before Xmas? The shelf dresser lady was in there that day and they were both surprised that the guy just picked up his tools and left without saying anything...
Oh yeah! That guy was there just to hang some pictures. So that's 2 sets of contractors that clearly don't like Zambia.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I bet Zambia and Jojo were both being obnoxious wankers when the contractor walked out, boasting about their Maldives trips coming up and how much money they both have

Reactions: 6
Thank god these people aren’t doctors and nurses. The lack of self awareness when you’re at the end of your tether because of chips and cracks...

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Poor little Ant at the end of his little tether 🤣
It's so stressful coming back from the Maldives to a little shoddy work on your 1.7m house 🙄 oh do duck off Zambia

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Thank god these people aren’t doctors and nurses. The lack of self awareness when you’re at the end of your tether because of chips and cracks...
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽came to say the same- don’t know about stress or pressure if this is “the most stressed” you’ve ever seen him 🤨

Not sure why Ant is feeling massively stressed about this issue. Surely just make a note of the things that need fixing and speak to someone about what needs to be sorted. By saying he is stressed would suggest there has been other issues which has created tension between the two parties.

• Wow
This amazing parody video from Bella Mackie made me think of one influencer and one influencer only

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
He’s probably stressed because they’ve spent so much money, I would be too. The house was fine as it was, and they could have done any work themselves. I find it’s much more personal when done that way.

Reactions: 11
Taste is very personal so of course what she likes, some of us might not like etc and vv. However I believe it is undeniable her house looks soulless and without a personality. An inevitable outcome when all you care about is to get it ready and instangrammable asap rathen than developing it step by step pouring your heart into it, growing up with it and shaping your home to your own identity. They are really the exemplification of modern, fast consummerism. I bet she expects she will feel delighted and 'complete' once it's 'finished'. She will be disappointed to find the boost she gets from it is not what she expected and there you go jumping onto the next new expensive project or 'investment', feeding into an endless loop.
It's quite clear she's just said to the designer friend please can you just copy Lydia Millen's house and Instagram account to so I can monetise the Surrey nest account and have as many plain and boring backgrounds for my gifted/ad posts so I can say it's all for work and claim it all back as a business expense.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It's quite clear she's just said to the designer friend please can you just copy Lydia Millen's house and Instagram account to so I can monetise the Surrey nest account and have as many plain and boring backgrounds for my gifted/ad posts so I can say it's all for work and claim it all back as a business expense.
Can she though? If she's not a home owner (the house is Ant's name?) how can she?

Reactions: 1
I’ve never known people refer to trades as ‘contractors’ unless working on a commercial project. You’d normally say the builder, the brickie, the spark (or thats how we talk on my extension anyway!).

But maybe that’s how Zanna sees her home, as a commercial venture? publicly shaming her ‘contractors’ isnt going to help though is it. Sometimes people are arseholes and have unrealistic expectations which leads to a breakdown of relationship and the fact a handy man walked off site says a lot about zanna and her bossy mate JoJo.
I also found it suspicious that Zanna moved in and got her work started nearly straightaway. Any good trades are usually booked for months in advance. She should be honest and say she fucked up. She probably chose the first available ‘contractor’ who had a shiny van rather than wait for an established and time served builder. All the pretty pots in the world can’t hide shoddy work.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Long long time lurker, first time posting. Can’t hold my tongue anymore - understand that they have had a number of contractors working for them but my brother’s friend is close with one of the companies they’ve used. Apparently nothing short of a nightmare to work for, don’t understand the process at all and complain about everything including things that are actually completely normal for building works. Called in extremely last minute to do a favour for Jojo and treated like rubbish. I’ve actually used some of their trades people and had the best experience I’ve ever had with builders...essentially they need to get their heads out their arses and realise that decorating/renovating is always more complicated than expected!!! Wasn’t going to say anything but her post today sent me over the edge - for someone who is constantly posting about being kind online, you’d think she’d take a leaf out of her own book! What is the point of a post like today’s if not for attention. It’s not like her post is going to resolve things with the builders, that should be taken up offline. Just a simple way of making the builders (who have worked tirelessly during a pandemic to help her while she swanned off to the Maldives) feel rubbish and creating a terrible atmosphere while they finish the work...
Wow. This is very interesting! They should publicly defend themselves !

personally, I am just at the tail end of an extension. My builders have been great and it’s been interesting to hear about the nightmare customers they have. People refusing to pay for things, not understanding that things can go wrong (like you never know the state of the ground under a house until you start digging etc). I think people just focus on their pinterest boards and don’t think about how it’s achieved. Also snobbish people tend not to speak to trades with respect.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Maybe Ant is annoyed at it all because he felt the house was fine as it was beforehand. In the videos he doesn't really seemed that bothered about all the changes and plans

Reactions: 9
Maybe Ant is annoyed at it all because he felt the house was fine as it was beforehand. In the videos he doesn't really seemed that bothered about all the changes and plans
And costs have probably mounted up which he is paying for? I cant imagine how annoying it must be to have an image obsessed girlfriend like her who insists on having soo much done to the house and such high end stuff. We are doing a really basic bathroom refurb at the mo and it’s costing me a lot, more than I really would like to spend but it’s just to make them usable. Nothing she is doing seems necessary and I can’t even imagine the costs!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.