Zanna Van Dijk #8 Gifted Nest in Tier 4, no more travel for Zambia, she's shook to core

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now this looks to be peak mother and son.
£86 for a tiny pot of face cream that isn't remotely natural or organic. Have a day off love :ROFLMAO: 🤑

Zanna's audience move from some teenagers wanting to lift a few weights to Surry stockbroker wife influencer is now complete.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Also what is she going to do with the poor cat when lockdown is lifted and she goes away every other week?! She is a ‘travel blogger’ after all 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Also what is she going to do with the poor cat when lockdown is lifted and she goes away every other week?! She is a ‘travel blogger’ after all 🙄
It's going to cost her A LOT. We have a wonderful cat sitter for the couple of weeks a year we aren't at home, and it's about £20 a day for them to come and feed and play with our cats. I have to factor in an extra £100+ if we want to go away for a week (obviously it's worth it).

The number of days she is away will really add up in cat sitting fees

Reactions: 4
Agreed and dependent on the cat personality too .. my cat got very very traumatised for some reason by a cattery and so now we only leave her with a familiar friend. If you truly care for your cat seeing them distressed like this will quite upset you and you wouldn’t want to go away every other week. Though I guess she does travel without 🐜 a lot

Reactions: 8
How long do we give it until the cat is shipped off to Yorkshire Helen and never heard of again...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Shocked and upset she has been approved to get a cat. Pre-covid this girl wasn’t home for more than 2 weeks of the year. It’s really not fair on the animal

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I don’t understand this girl at all.. why does she block people for the slightest negativity or bit of criticism or even just differing opinion?! Why are people not allowed to say be careful with cats and plants?! I am baffled!
That's not even criticism or negativity, it's advice!!

Reactions: 3
She’s definitely not getting a cat through an approved rescue or charity, and is probably perpetuating either unethical breeding or a dodgy gumtree advert. So dazzlingly selfish and irresponsible. She’s probably after a big fluffy Ragdoll cat that she can manhandle for insta content. Animals shouldn’t be impulse purchases. A pet is for life not just for lockdown. I bet she hasn’t considered why it is being rehomed, does it have behavioural issues, veterinary or diet issues. Is it vaccinated, neutered, litter tray trained. Is it a house cat, outside cat....

Reactions: 17
At least she hasn't went and bought a kitten. Part of me honestly expected her to do that ...

Reactions: 6
I don’t understand this girl at all.. why does she block people for the slightest negativity or bit of criticism or even just differing opinion?! Why are people not allowed to say be careful with cats and plants?! I am baffled!
She’s fundamentally emotionally unintelligent. You can see it in her interactions, her awkwardness, her crying when there’s a bit of pressure, her lack of long-term friendships) her inability to engage in a mature conversation without either blocking the other person or shutting the conversation down (killing them with kindness (🥰🥰)) and also her need for routine. She hit the influencer scene really young and is probably quite damaged by it (or suffered some childhood trauma, perhaps).

Reactions: 22
I think it’s really naive of her to get a cat, firstly she has an allergy and that could get really bad when she’s exposed to cat hair everyday. Secondly, she’s addicted to travel and the cat will probably be in a cattery for multiple times a year. That can really affect an older cat especially if they aren’t used to being moved around.

I’m saying all this as a pet owner. I have a cat and a dog and honestly sometimes the cat is more work than a dog. You can train the dog but a cat just does what she wants. Her hair is everywhere, cleaning litter trays is not pleasant and if they’re not kept meticulously clean or she’s annoyed about something they can be quite spiteful by peeing on things. I love my cat to bits but it’s naive to think they are lower maintenance than a dog. I just hope she’s really thought all this through before the cat arrives. It breaks my heart to see the amount of cats and dogs coming through animal sanctuaries especially during the pandemic when people have made impulse purchases or rehoming decisions.

Also she better be prepared for breakages. My cat likes to push things off shelves and worktops. All that money spent paying someone to dress the shelves 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

Reactions: 16
i dread to think of the impact of the impulse pet purchases in 6-12 months time, when people realise that Fido or Felix aren’t puppies or kittens forever and are hard work, need training, cost money, and can’t be left alone for days while you go gallivanting.
The impact is already here. Shelters are full (there’s a huge amount of pugs and frenchies) of dogs that people are fed up of because they didn’t think it through. Not to mention the amount of people who take a healthy dog to the vet to euthanise because it’s an inconvenience (by partner refuses to do this and instead takes the animal and endeavours to rehome it). People are absolute shits sometimes

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
The impact is already here. Shelters are full (there’s a huge amount of pugs and frenchies) of dogs that people are fed up of because they didn’t think it through. Not to mention the amount of people who take a healthy dog to the vet to euthanise because it’s an inconvenience (by partner refuses to do this and instead takes the animal and endeavours to rehome it). People are absolute shits sometimes
really really sad, when I was at uni all our dissection dogs were Staffies that had been euthanised for their involvement in dog fighting. I bet the demographic will change going forward, and it will be dogs euthanised because they were never trained and then abandoned after lockdown.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Agreed. We have a cat who we love as it suits our lifestyle better but the longer lockdown has went on have been considering getting a dog (obviously a bit more work than cats). I think we are going to wait though til more normality has returned to see how much of it is just a lockdown feeling.

And that is absolutely horrific people are euthanising pets! Do vets really do that even if the pet is healthy?

Reactions: 5
Your partner sounds like a really good vet btw.

Agreed. We have a cat who we love as it suits our lifestyle better but the longer lockdown has went on have been considering getting a dog (obviously a bit more work than cats). I think we are going to wait though til more normality has returned to see how much of it is just a lockdown feeling.

And that is absolutely horrific people are euthanising pets! Do vets really do that even if the pet is healthy?
Depends upon lots of factors, an animal can be dangerous behaviourally, but otherwise healthy, and in that case may be euthanised. the vet has to make a judgement call for what is in the animals best interest, and sometimes that involves euthanasia. Veterinary has one of the highest suicide rates of comparable professions, perhaps unsurprisingly.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I think it’s really naive of her to get a cat, firstly she has an allergy and that could get really bad when she’s exposed to cat hair everyday. Secondly, she’s addicted to travel and the cat will probably be in a cattery for multiple times a year. That can really affect an older cat especially if they aren’t used to being moved around.

I’m saying all this as a pet owner. I have a cat and a dog and honestly sometimes the cat is more work than a dog. You can train the dog but a cat just does what she wants. Her hair is everywhere, cleaning litter trays is not pleasant and if they’re not kept meticulously clean or she’s annoyed about something they can be quite spiteful by peeing on things. I love my cat to bits but it’s naive to think they are lower maintenance than a dog. I just hope she’s really thought all this through before the cat arrives. It breaks my heart to see the amount of cats and dogs coming through animal sanctuaries especially during the pandemic when people have made impulse purchases or rehoming decisions.

Also she better be prepared for breakages. My cat likes to push things off shelves and worktops. All that money spent paying someone to dress the shelves 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
This 100x!

And travelling with a cat is nothing like travelling with a dog (sometimes if we’ve gone to parents for longer period we’ve taken ours if no other option but it’s so stressful for the poor cat)!!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.