Zanna Van Dijk #5 Fill my house with whatever I fancy, call me out you negative Nancy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But she barely ever cooks from scratch/from fresh ingredients and it's always very basic! (I mean, this is what some people need if you're not a confident cook but still). Also, any time she cooks vegetables, they just look like soft, overcooked sludge. It saddens me how she just cooks the tit out of these lovely, fresh veggies.
So true...
Zanna's cooking consists of shoving all the vegetables in the a pan at the same time then cooking them down into , as you say Marta, a bland soggy mess. This will then be topped with some shop bought pesto or vegan creme fraiche or Sauerkraut. Maybe a sprinkle of seed mix!
Then accompanied by some shop bought falafels or veggie burgers fresh from their plastic wrappers.
Or one of her many #gifted ready meals, again in their plastic tubs.

All this is quite acceptable but not if you are releasing recipe e-books when your skills are extremely basic! or preach at others to reduce their waste..

but hey that is Zanny through and through :rolleyes:

Reactions: 10
I don't think it will be another recipe book. It could be a "collab" with a menu box company. Something like Zanna x Mindful Chef. I wonder how shook she'll be to reveal her cheeky new project 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Funny how all of Zanna's "vegan staples" are ads or discount codes... 🙄

Reactions: 6
She definitely just addressed this on her personal insta. She's basically justified it so she can afford to create 'free content'. So many issues with this - you're independently wealthy from parents / Ant - your 'free content' is boring and something we could absolutely knock up in an evening home from a 9-5 job. Thanks for listening Zanna!
Totally agree!

Also, I love how she always frames it like she's able to make free content "for us" like she's doing us all huge favours by doing content that isn't paid for. I get this is how she makes a living, but I swear 80%+ of her content is an ad, and it seems significantly higher than others in her industry - e.g. Tally and Vic. And to your point, she has built up generational wealth to support her and is obviously doing alright considering she has just bought a £1.5m house that they are gutting for no reason, so it really does come across as greedy. Especially since she takes on paid content that doesn't align with her values (see: Fabletics, The Body Shop, Gin when she doesn't really drink, Pre-packaged ready meals), which makes it seem hollow and fake.

I don't want to slam anyone for being successful in their business, but what is Zanna's business exactly? She has lost her USP which I think is a big reason why we are seeing so many ads. We know Stay Wild isn't making a profit, she can't be selling many books now, and though her nut butter is back in stock, we know it's overpriced and something you can easily replicate at home. And as others have pointed out, it's not as if she cooks her own meals every night or is even known for cooking.

Plus, she could easily say, "I've been sent this gin, I'd love to do a giveaway for my followers" or, "I've with the help of XXX, I've put together a gift package for a key worker, nominate them below", but she would rather keep it for herself, or her guest bathroom (The Body Shop).

I don't think it will be another recipe book. It could be a "collab" with a menu box company. Something like Zanna x Mindful Chef. I wonder how shook she'll be to reveal her cheeky new project 😂
Oooh Sassyyyyy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Probably a wholesome vegan surrey food box with the finest (vegan) ingredients for £80 a pop

• Haha
Reactions: 9
yep when was the last time she did a giveaway? must she keep 20 + bottles of gin to herself?

she's a greedy and selfish so and so

Reactions: 7
She definitely just addressed this on her personal insta. She's basically justified it so she can afford to create 'free content'. So many issues with this - you're independently wealthy from parents / Ant - your 'free content' is boring and something we could absolutely knock up in an evening home from a 9-5 job. Thanks for listening Zanna!
The thing that influencers don't seem to realise is that their audience is their and brands most valuable asset. They need to produce free content to get our attention so they then have a captive mass of people to sell to. Why do they think they're producing this 'free content' for us when in the end it just helps to line their pockets even more with brand deals and affiliate links? Zannas got this situation the wrong way round, she needs the viewers more than they need her content.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So true...
Zanna's cooking consists of shoving all the vegetables in the a pan at the same time then cooking them down into , as you say Marta, a bland soggy mess. This will then be topped with some shop bought pesto or vegan creme fraiche or Sauerkraut. Maybe a sprinkle of seed mix!
Then accompanied by some shop bought falafels or veggie burgers fresh from their plastic wrappers.
Or one of her many #gifted ready meals, again in their plastic tubs.

All this is quite acceptable but not if you are releasing recipe e-books when your skills are extremely basic! or preach at others to reduce their waste..

but hey that is Zanny through and through :rolleyes:
I agree!
I 100% think she’s putting her name to someone else’s recipes with her cook books. The only foods you ever see her make on her stories are fried/roasted veggies with sausages or tempeh and then breakfast smoothie bowls. If you look through her food review highlight everything looks the same. I remember at the start of Lockdown 1 back in Ant’s flat she was having a go at baking and she was saying how they didn’t have weighing scales (I remembered this detail cus I thought it was a weird thing to admit seeing as she released a recipe book not so long ago) so she was going to measure by eye - no great surprise all her bakes looked nasty and dry af. Of course all the food posts on her main feed are ads for protein powder/peanut butter. The food looks nice in the pics and the description always has measurements provided so seems pretty sus!

Like it’s fair enough if she doesn’t experiment much with cooking - lots of people don’t - but why keep releasing recipe books and pretending you do?

Reactions: 8
Plus, she could easily say, "I've been sent this gin, I'd love to do a giveaway for my followers" or, "I've with the help of XXX, I've put together a gift package for a key worker, nominate them below", but she would rather keep it for herself, or her guest bathroom (The Body Shop).
She could easily ask the brand to send 2 bottles, one for the gin fridge and one for a giveaway. Would be great marketing for the brand too.

She could easily ask the brand to send 2 bottles, one for the gin fridge and one for a giveaway. Would be great marketing for the brand too.
I totally agree with this. I’m a PR consultant and am DYING to send her an email explaining how she’s really tit at doing her own PR (or needs to sack whomever else is doing her PR).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She’s got someone doing it for her....

Independent-360
Email them 😂😂😂 I agree, on this thread we’ve come up with a variety of PR and marketing strategies that would make us as followers respect and like her a million times more - for free and straight from the horse’s mouth. She’d never listen though because we’re just unhappy bitter haters 🤷🏻‍♀️

She has no USP at all, gin, running, holidays, expensive house. Who does she appeal to? Her content is so disjointed. And the “free content for you guyz” hun, you’re doing this for you, you don’t produce anything interesting, unique or thought provoking. Her peers all have their own branding, e.g. Tally and body acceptance and Hazel with medicine/nutrition. I used to enjoy her gym content back in the day, nearly bought her book...

Reactions: 11
The government website states personal trainers should not be in private dwellings........and even when outside should be 2m apart
3C04DAFE-EB51-4995-8FB0-1EAC11630968.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
The government website states personal trainers should not be in private dwellings........and even when outside should be 2m apartView attachment 285659
Guuuys I've been getting sooo trolled. As I've said before, you do you! Live your life! And remember if the news and current regulations are stressing you out, just ignore them!

- Zan tomorrow probably

• Haha
Guuuys I've been getting sooo trolled. As I've said before, you do you! Live your life! And remember if the news and current regulations are stressing you out, just ignore them!

- Zan tomorrow probably
Meanwhile us in wales face a full lockdown for 2 weeks. I haven’t seen my mum since the 7th of September and pre covid I was seeing her at least once a week 😢 we’re all sacrificing so much - but zanna clearly thinks she’s above the law

• Sad
  • Heart
Ant - ‘What does this black thing in the water do?’
Zanna -‘ it’s charcoal. I think it does something positive to the water’
Really?? You’ve been gifted something and you can’t be bothered to check what the charcoal does? It’s for filtration and removing toxins you dumbass

Reactions: 11
Meanwhile us in wales face a full lockdown for 2 weeks. I haven’t seen my mum since the 7th of September and pre covid I was seeing her at least once a week 😢 we’re all sacrificing so much - but zanna clearly thinks she’s above the law
I feel your pain. I’m in wales too. My family are 2 hours away and I’m in the NHS. I always worry I’ll take it hone to them every time I’ve seen them. It’s because of the selfish behaviour of people like her that the rest of us are suffering.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.