Zanna Van Dijk #2 Long Haul Flight Abuser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, I’ve had bad days in lockdown and cried over things, we all have because we are human! ! But I would never moan about it on Instagram when if I’d already been on holiday twice this year, to South Africa and nz for free

Reactions: 6
So she’s not going to be posting much about sustainability anymore as she receives too much hate when she does.
if she was genuinely really passionate about it then she wouldn’t care about the “hate” she gets and she would continue to use her platform to discuss it. The fact she’s more concerned about wanting people to like her shows she doesn’t actually really give a tit and it was just another bandwagon she jumped on

Reactions: 13
So I filled in her assumption box and said that I assume she doesn't like to face constructive comments that open up discussions and I am now blocked! I guess my assumptions were correct then 😅🥴 Nothing in my comment was nasty, I worded it carefully in the hope she might address becoming more open to meaningful opinions and ideas from her followers but no... She's obviously always right and that's that! 🤦

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
So she’s not going to be posting much about sustainability anymore as she receives too much hate when she does.
if she was genuinely really passionate about it then she wouldn’t care about the “hate” she gets and she would continue to use her platform to discuss it. The fact she’s more concerned about wanting people to like her shows she doesn’t actually really give a tit and it was just another bandwagon she jumped on
Exactly. If she was truly passionate then she would be continuing to post about sustainability regardless of the 'hate' she receives (which is really just people pointing out the discrepancy between her actions and her words). She just doesn't want to be held accountable or engage with any discussions that highlight her hypocrisy. But of course, she'll still post about sustainability when it's a paid partnership like her latest post :rolleyes:. It's clearly no more than a bandwagon for her to make money off.

Reactions: 5
So I filled in her assumption box and said that I assume she doesn't like to face constructive comments that open up discussions and I am now blocked! I guess my assumptions were correct then 😅🥴 Nothing in my comment was nasty, I worded it carefully in the hope she might address becoming more open to meaningful opinions and ideas from her followers but no... She's obviously always right and that's that! 🤦
Told ya!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Choosing not to post about something just to avoid comments or "hate" just seems like pandering to me. Surely if you were truly passionate you wouldn't care so much about people's opinions?

Reactions: 8
What's interesting to me is that a large percentage of Zannas followers probably have a lower carbon footprint than her purely due to how much she travels. Whilst she's on insta 'teaching' everyone about sustainability, we're here going on maybe 1-2 trips a year MAX, most likely less and probably short-haul within Europe. Realistically, the swaps she encourages like reducing single-use plastics and buying second hand are like drops in the ocean compared to flying across the world multiple times a year. Her holier than thou attitude is so frustrating if she can't grasp the idea that most people do not travel abroad even half as much as she does. In the end our carbon footprints probably equal about the same, yes I eat meat and dairy but I travel once a year, avoid disposable plastics, shop secondhand, don't drive so I only use public transport etc. She's no better than the rest of us so I've no idea why she thinks she's so qualified to be a mentor on sustainability.

Her last story made my blood boil. She hasn’t let herself listen to certain music lately because it made her sad that she had cancelled trips, when she had ALREADY been to South Africa and NZ this year, places people would save their whole lives to visit. I hate this word but she’s a bleep
I think I talked about this a lot earlier in this thread- this year was the first year I could both afford the cost and to take time off to go on a foreign holiday. Still Europe, so nothing as long haul as Zanna seems to take every few months. I'm devastated I missed it, because I've worked so hard on minimum wage the last few years to get to a more comfortable job where I can afford to take the time off without being paid next to nothing for my holiday days (seriously, my contracted hours at my retail job were 16 hours a week, if I took a week off and used my holiday pay- that's it, that's all I got paid). Hearing Zanna complain when she's been on two long haul trips this year alone makes me so angry. Some of us have to work hard to afford time off, Zanna.

• Heart
What's interesting to me is that a large percentage of Zannas followers probably have a lower carbon footprint than her purely due to how much she travels. Whilst she's on insta 'teaching' everyone about sustainability, we're here going on maybe 1-2 trips a year MAX, most likely less and probably short-haul within Europe. Realistically, the swaps she encourages like reducing single-use plastics and buying second hand are like drops in the ocean compared to flying across the world multiple times a year. Her holier than thou attitude is so frustrating if she can't grasp the idea that most people do not travel abroad even half as much as she does. In the end our carbon footprints probably equal about the same, yes I eat meat and dairy but I travel once a year, avoid disposable plastics, shop secondhand, don't drive so I only use public transport etc. She's no better than the rest of us so I've no idea why she thinks she's so qualified to be a mentor on sustainability.
Couldn’t agree more.

I will hold my hand up and say, yes I’m jealous that Zanna travels so much. I don’t follow travel bloggers on insta for specifically this reason, I had no holidays last year due to work and won’t have any this year due to COVID. I came to her through the fitness podcast but then couldn’t help to notice the complete disconnect between the sustainability angle and the constant travelling. I unfollowed her because I got so fed up of her preaching when the complete undeniable fact is that she needs to travel less or take more sustainable transport options eg. Travelling to Europe by train etc. It really irritates me that she keeps saying this throw away line of a billion people should at least try to live imperfectly than 1000 perfectly. But she is living her life very imperfectly for her own travel desires. Her travelling in the first 3 months of this year to South Africa and New Zealand created 13 tonnes of carbon, by switching from a meat to vegan diet in a year you save... 1-2 tonnes of carbon. It’s just not good enough for trying to model yourself as a sustainability guru, however much else you do. She ignores the elephant in the room.

Another thing I noticed, she also loves to preach about getting secondhand, yet is quite happy to have free new products sent to her everyday! I’m actually quite glad she’s had some kind of self realisation that she’s either got to stop posting about it or cut down on the travel as it shows some level of maturity. I wonder if she got hammered by the assumptions question and felt she needed to address it.

I think encouraging people to make sustainable is good and encouraging people to attempt to introduce more plant based meals into their diet is a good idea - but you are correct, she needs to be more up front with addressing the elephant in the room. She shouldn't really have sustainability as her mission statement when she travels so so much - she claims it is for work, but can it be really considered that? When her work is so self guided? It isn't the same as my work, or other peoples, sending me aboard to events or meetings I absolutely need to attend.

Reactions: 3
If she really loves travelling so much and can’t possibly do without it, isn’t she in the best position to stay in London working for nine months each year, then take three months to travel slowly? She’s not tied into a normal job and most of her work could be done from anywhere in the world.

Yes she’d have to be away from Ant for a while but it’s not like she’s not done that before. She’d make it work if she truly cared about the environment. Even if she just took a month to travel round parts of Europe (which can be done by train!) this would be so much better than taking hundreds of long-haul flights each year. I think it would be more interesting content too.

Just been blocked lol. On her latest post she lists 5 reasons to be more sustainable. I added a 6th one that read exactly: "Less flying (y)".
Honestly, what a narcissistic egotistic holier-than-thou acting cow. She gets more ridiculous by the day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Just been blocked lol. On her latest post she lists 5 reasons to be more sustainable. I added a 6th one that read exactly: "Less flying (y)".
Honestly, what a narcissistic egotistic holier-than-thou acting cow. She gets more ridiculous by the day.
Can’t believe she’s still blocking people! Idiot

Reactions: 2
New thread suggestion - Zanna Van Dijk #3
eco warrior flying a tonne, more free stuff please or I’ll block you hun ❤🥰

Reactions: 26
how can she call herself a trainer and all that fancy qualified fitness stuff if she can't even squat. I think it has been mentioned here before that her form is mostly horrible, but i managed to get a screenshot from her story of squatting with that kettlebell and i am honestly like wtf. that's barely a 1/4 squat lol.
Also somebody asked if she's the only one deleting and blocking...watch out for Sarah's day who is the king of silencing people. she also has an active thread here now!!

Attachments

That form is shocking.....I know she’s got a long way to get down but 😲
Healthy Chef Steph is another serial delete and blocker, I think most of her circle are....no negativity here huns 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Allegedly she’s not even qualified. Which is really quite worrying because there will be lots of people doing her workouts potentially injuring themselves. There are some fantastic fitness bloggers and influencers out there but she’s really not one of them.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.