Zanna van Dijk #16 Her teeth sure do glow, won’t mention the war unless her engagement is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG her wild swimming guide. Her English is getting worse.

“can even elevate your metabolism. And best of all? Despite all these perks, it is both fun and free!”

WTF does that mean? Also - despite the perks?! Don’t you mean as well as all these perks???

“cold nature of the water which brings so many of the benefits” - cold nature?!

“I simply search “wild swimming in XXX”, browse any articles I find and make note of the recommended spots” - wow. WOW.

“Facebook. There are numerous groups dedicated to wild swimming, for example there is one in Surrey where they organise group swims and share their favourite locations for a dip” and she DOESN’T NAME THE GROUP. Helpful.

“It is impotent to take off your wet gear as soon as you can, pop on something dry and start” - Impotent?

This is absolutely bleeping dire. It sickens me that someone so clueless gets paid for this dismal content.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Not a sign of a good party if they've all got THAT much energy at 9am the following morning, if u ask me....
Another wild night at the Gifted Surrey Nest 🙄 maybe it all ended with them watching Netflix and having their allocated one cheeky gin.
She really is 100% all for the instagram. Sad.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Definitely lost weight and now stories about how her hair has been falling out. I wonder why? How can she not see its diet and health related. Stop getting up so early, stop over exercising, stop undereating. You don’t need to pay a trichologist god knows how much and spend a fortune on products.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Maybe she should stop doing that bloody awful 'heatless' curls thing if her hair is really that bad?
Also, how can she not address her terrible diet and over exercising as a contributing factor? Or is it just easier for her to blame the periods because then she's not 'responsible' for the terrible condition she's in?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
She sure did a fair few heartless curls tutorials/mentions for someone who was self conscious and hiding hair loss. Maybe she didn’t want to mention it before now as she just didn’t have time for gifted hair remedies due to the fact she was too busy getting her free teeth and face upgrade. And Zanna maybe you’re anaemic due to you under eating and over exercising -but that doesn’t make good content so yeah let’s go with the whole period ‘journey’ instead.

I think it's absolutely fine if fitness is your hobby. I get it, I swim, I weightlift, I go through phases where i do lots, phases I do nothing at all. It's a problem when the rest of your life takes a back seat. When you can't give yourself a lie in after a night out. Can't have a big piece of cake at lunch wth friends without "running it off" afterwards. Every holiday is a mountainous hike. It's fine to track how heavy you lift or how far you run if you have a goal to get better or stronger, but calories are absolute bullshit. People doing fitness things as an actual lifestyle, like bodybuilders or bikini models (or actual pro athletes) will have a professional monitoring them counting their calories and they do not maintain that every day of the year, they deliberately factor an off-season where their diet loosens. And of course, people looking to lose weight- but one of the reasons most diets fail is because, without support, maintaining a calorie controlled diet long-term is just not sustainable.

Cycling and walking ARE proper exercise. Exercise, by definition, is anything that gets your heartrate up. And you only really need to do 30 mins of "moderate" exercise a day, so basically just a medium walk. People like Zanna are not making fitness accessible like they claim, they're gatekeeping. People like you ARE doing as much exercise as you need to be to stay healthy, and if you're being made to feel like it's not good enough. Most people, when they feel they can't do enough, or be "perfect", are put off from doing anything at all. I talk to women all the time who are too scared to try lifting weights because they're "too weak". Well of course you are, you're too scared to do the thing that will actually make you strong because you see all these women online and think you're just meant to BE strong already. Screw those people.

Take a walk and have a chat with your mates. Cycle to have a picnic. Splash around a lake and have a cake with the people you meet afterwards. Take an online yoga class and enjoy lying down in the quiet when they do a tricky pose you don't fancy.

My nan is 88, and she wanted to "get fit like me" in lockdown, so we'd skype, and she'd ask me to show her the stuff I did in the gym. i'd show her my arm exercises, and she'd use tins of beans as weights. She bloody loved it. She broke her arm in a fall recently, and the doctors said that her weightlifting had made her recovery much easier and quicker. If 15 mins of chucking tins of beans above your head 5 nights a week can make it noticeable that your body can recover better from injury, it really is all you need to be healthy.
I should have said "workouts" instead of "proper exercise", but in any case, thank you so much for your comment, we need more people like you - with a healthy attitude towards fitness. I think I will bookmark it so I can go back to it when I am having a bad day ❤ Thanks so much for this comment and your contribution to the thread in general - I always enjoy reading your comments about wild swimming, even though it's not something I personally do ❤

Reactions: 10
I should have said "workouts" instead of "proper exercise", but in any case, thank you so much for your comment, we need more people like you - with a healthy attitude towards fitness. I think I will bookmark it so I can go back to it when I am having a bad day ❤ Thanks so much for this comment and your contribution to the thread in general - I always enjoy reading your comments about wild swimming, even though it's not something I personally do ❤

Aww thank you! That means so much. I see so many people made to feel bad about themselves because of people like Zanna and it really bothers me that these people make money making others feel like they aren't good enough. Sometimes I feel like I'm being a negative nancy so I'm glad. As long as the way that you move makes you feel good, it's good enough!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
‘journey’ perfectly describes what I’ve been writing about recently for work omg I’m gonna nerd out here pls indulge me being boring sorry

people like Zanna love to use the word journey to represent progressing through life as if there’s always an end destination (eg ‘perfect health/body’ if we’re talking about Zanna, she thinks you start unhealthy and just become more healthy as time goes on, yay!)

I’ve been writing about how people can have this rigid individualism with it and just focus on being ‘better’ eg better job, better house, better finances, better health, better toxic productivity, always positively progressing with a few bumps along the way that you’ll get past (or mountains like Zanna’s tattoo 🫠) - all the things that influencers try and market/sell to their followers. I think it can really affect people and lead them to feeling like a failure because life just doesn’t work like that??

there isn’t a ‘beginning’ and ‘end’ to most things and things don’t just work in a single line unaffected by anything else in your life. It doesn’t allow for any deviation or nuance so when I say things like ‘actually I’m happy working with the health I have right now and don’t want to spend my life relentlessly trying to cure a condition that is currently incurable’ people think that I’m ‘giving up’ and being negative. As if there’s something wrong with appreciating what you already have?I’m not saying that having goals is a bad thing, but if all your goals are based on a relentless pursuit of perceived ‘perfection’ then you’re probably gonna end up feeling like tit at some point

Zanna might be in for a nasty shock if she doesn’t have a nice neat upward trajectory when it comes to investigating her period issues. I can imagine her starting to feel like a failure if she can’t control what her body is doing and if the symptoms remain despite her exhausting all her options (obviously I hope this doesn’t happen to her)

I think it’s quite clear from her attitude that she’s never really been told no or that she can’t do something and her view of health is you have symptoms > you go to the GP > you get given a treatment > you get better > you never think about it again.

And agreeing with everyone else - nourishing your body and allowing it to bleeping rest once in a while would do her some good both mentally and physically.

I just find influencers FASCINATING so I should probably thank them for giving me so much tit to write about and analyse lmao

• Heart
Reactions: 28
‘journey’ perfectly describes what I’ve been writing about recently for work omg I’m gonna nerd out here pls indulge me being boring sorry

people like Zanna love to use the word journey to represent progressing through life as if there’s always an end destination (eg ‘perfect health/body’ if we’re talking about Zanna, she thinks you start unhealthy and just become more healthy as time goes on, yay!)

I’ve been writing about how people can have this rigid individualism with it and just focus on being ‘better’ eg better job, better house, better finances, better health, better toxic productivity, always positively progressing with a few bumps along the way that you’ll get past (or mountains like Zanna’s tattoo 🫠) - all the things that influencers try and market/sell to their followers. I think it can really affect people and lead them to feeling like a failure because life just doesn’t work like that??

there isn’t a ‘beginning’ and ‘end’ to most things and things don’t just work in a single line unaffected by anything else in your life. It doesn’t allow for any deviation or nuance so when I say things like ‘actually I’m happy working with the health I have right now and don’t want to spend my life relentlessly trying to cure a condition that is currently incurable’ people think that I’m ‘giving up’ and being negative. As if there’s something wrong with appreciating what you already have?I’m not saying that having goals is a bad thing, but if all your goals are based on a relentless pursuit of perceived ‘perfection’ then you’re probably gonna end up feeling like tit at some point

Zanna might be in for a nasty shock if she doesn’t have a nice neat upward trajectory when it comes to investigating her period issues. I can imagine her starting to feel like a failure if she can’t control what her body is doing and if the symptoms remain despite her exhausting all her options (obviously I hope this doesn’t happen to her)

I think it’s quite clear from her attitude that she’s never really been told no or that she can’t do something and her view of health is you have symptoms > you go to the GP > you get given a treatment > you get better > you never think about it again.

And agreeing with everyone else - nourishing your body and allowing it to bleeping rest once in a while would do her some good both mentally and physically.

I just find influencers FASCINATING so I should probably thank them for giving me so much tit to write about and analyse lmao
I love your post! It’s so insightful ❤

Reactions: 3
Definitely lost weight and now stories about how her hair has been falling out. I wonder why? How can she not see its diet and health related. Stop getting up so early, stop over exercising, stop undereating. You don’t need to pay a trichologist god knows how much and spend a fortune on products.
Period issues definitely being she has no period I’ll bet. There’ll be some big switch to “how I got my period back” soon

Reactions: 4
Period issues definitely being she has no period I’ll bet. There’ll be some big switch to “how I got my period back” soon
With so many other influencers already talking about this issue, either a) it's never occured to Zanna that her period issues might be caused by her diet and excessive exercise or b) she's well aware and like always, is 2 years behind the latest online trends, and we should be hearing about this period revelation sometime in 2024.

Reactions: 12
I used to suffer from orthorexia and bigorexia. I'm not going to diagnose her but from personal experience it looks like she is suffering from both and clearly needs help.

• Sad
Don't need to be an expert or doctor to see that it is under eating, not enough iron and working out too much.

Reactions: 8
"Tomorrow I'm having a big haircut. An inch and a half off..."

She really is the most ridiculous person, utterly and completely self absorbed.

🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That's not a low, gentle style.
Screenshot_20220516-151433.png

Screenshot_20220516-151435.png

Screenshot_20220516-151449.png

My hair is quite fragile and I typically start losing it in larger than normal amounts when I put it up very tight and do it frequently - so I just wear it down most of the time, or use a small clip that hasn't got a very tight grip to do the hairstyle below. A lose braid is nice if you want all of your hair out of the way too. But not pinning it up with a massive clip like the one she showed!

1652710767591.png

Presented without comment.
I hate the word but I think this is what you call a ✨glow-up ✨

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.