Zanna van Dijk #12 Can't use google and only decorate with my designer's approval

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m amazed at how often she checks in on here and acts on it... like the recent untagging spree 🤯 But then doesn’t have the time to engage with her followers?! 🤨 Qué wholesome!

Every IG novice knows how important it is to reply to the comments, as it boosts the engagement... Oh, you’re welcome, Zanzibar, but I’m not sure it’ll be enough to help, though, love!

P.S. Anyone knows where her “private” zanzipan (or whatever it was) IG profile has gone? 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Wow! She looks so different in a photo that’s not hers. Aka edited and face tuned like crazy.

Reactions: 5
Co
She only has 29 comments on that pointless post, and a fair number of those are asking about her jeans...none of which she has replied to. That's pretty rude to ignore the handful of people who have bothered to interact with you?
Zanna, are you too busy having 'wholesome days' or 'moving your body in the sunshine' to have the decency to reply to your dwindling fan base?
Or is it because you won't make any money out of it because the jeans aren't 'swipe up..my own brand' 🙄
Completely agree. Ive DMd probably 4 influenzas in my life and all were lovely and really responsive apart from…..Zanna. I should have stopped following her there and then, before seeing how much of a hypocrite she is 😫

Reactions: 5
I’m amazed at how often she checks in on here and acts on it... like the recent untagging spree 🤯 But then doesn’t have the time to engage with her followers?! 🤨 Qué wholesome!

Every IG novice knows how important it is to reply to the comments, as it boosts the engagement... Oh, you’re welcome, Zanzibar, but I’m not sure it’ll be enough to help, though, love!

P.S. Anyone knows where her “private” zanzipan (or whatever it was) IG profile has gone? 🤔
That recent untagging spree is hysterical!!! Massive proof that included in her daily to do list is to read tattle!!
What amazes me is her lack of self reflection. Without doubt every poster on here was a ‘fan’ at the start then her narcissistic behaviour, bragging and general tone deaf content got so much that people were driven here. Yet she fails to recognise that and continues with the same behaviours. I worry for her when the influencer bubble finally bursts and she has to make her way in the ‘real world’ where criticism, rules and reflection are common place. You can’t just cry and block people then. Come on Zanna, stop playing the victim for 5 minutes and reflect on the issues highlighted here. If you became more humble and relatable then maybe your tattle thread wouldn’t be so extensive. Just a thought.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I mean she’s a classic narcissist, as if she could ever resist reading a website that’s dedicated to talking about her!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
A private tour of her house? As opposed to what? A paid exploration? What a knob
Ha ha I came to say this, isn’t that just inviting your mate round (if she actually has any real friends, which I doubt) I can here the laughs now if I invited my friends round for a ‘private tour’ of our house. I think it’s quite possibly the most pretentious thing I’ve read in a long while…you don’t live in Buckingham Palace love 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I feel like Zanna has lost her way. She seems to not want to be a fitness influencer anymore so she’s trying to be another kind of influencer. Travel, money, fashion… but really people followed her for fitness advice 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think she needs to think about what she actually wants to do rather than posting tit because she wants to get content. She is a brand of sorts, and people follow for a certain thing. I think she forgets that.

I don’t follow someone for fitness tips and hope they then give me mortgage advice, or investment advice… she’d be better off sharing recipes and meal plans etc if she wanted to vary her content. At least it’s relevant.

Also: LOL that she detagged the photos 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I feel like Zanna has lost her way. She seems to not want to be a fitness influencer anymore so she’s trying to be another kind of influencer. Travel, money, fashion… but really people followed her for fitness advice 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think she needs to think about what she actually wants to do rather than posting tit because she wants to get content. She is a brand of sorts, and people follow for a certain thing. I think she forgets that.

I don’t follow someone for fitness tips and hope they then give me mortgage advice, or investment advice… she’d be better off sharing recipes and meal plans etc if she wanted to vary her content. At least it’s relevant.

Agree. She is trying to do everything and it ends up looking messy and unprofessional. She originally started as a fitness trainer but even her workouts aren’t great compared to most. It would benefit her more if she had a clear focus. ‘Content creator’ is too broad.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Agree. She is trying to do everything and it ends up looking messy and unprofessional. She originally started as a fitness trainer but even her workouts aren’t great compared to most. It would benefit her more if she had a clear focus. ‘Content creator’ is too broad.
I just went on her profile and in her bio she calls herself “Active Lifestyle Creator”. While I’m not overly sure what that means (lol) if she actually wanted to encourage people to live more active lifestyles, shouldn’t her content be more focused on the things you can do on your doorstep?

I don’t know where in Surrey she lives, but I reckon it’s probably the otherside to me, and there are so many walks etc that she could do there. There is also so much content you can make… what to pack, meals on the go, walking shoes comparisons (don’t want to give her too many ideas as she clearly reads here 🙄).

But I agree, it does look messy. It’s as if she wakes up and thinks “hmmm I’m an influencer so I need to post something today what should I do?” There isn’t a plan or structure to it.

I use to be a big fan of hers, but now I really don’t like her because her content is a scattergun approach, talking about things that she isn’t in a place to due to her unacknowledged privilege.

Reactions: 14
I just went on her profile and in her bio she calls herself “Active Lifestyle Creator”. While I’m not overly sure what that means (lol) if she actually wanted to encourage people to live more active lifestyles, shouldn’t her content be more focused on the things you can do on your doorstep?

I don’t know where in Surrey she lives, but I reckon it’s probably the otherside to me, and there are so many walks etc that she could do there. There is also so much content you can make… what to pack, meals on the go, walking shoes comparisons (don’t want to give her too many ideas as she clearly reads here 🙄).

But I agree, it does look messy. It’s as if she wakes up and thinks “hmmm I’m an influencer so I need to post something today what should I do?” There isn’t a plan or structure to it.

I use to be a big fan of hers, but now I really don’t like her because her content is a scattergun approach, talking about things that she isn’t in a place to due to her unacknowledged privilege.
Totally agree! I myself am trying to grow my Insta account, but never for a second have I stopped thinking about the framework. People follow others for certain content and then they get used to it. Of course, slight deviations or expanding in a slightly different direction is all OK, but she’s just grasping at straws. Same goes for brand partnerships - I have had many irrelevant offers that I have turned down because it doesn’t fit me and my content, so won’t be relevant to my followers. Can’t say that about Rosanna - she’ll sell everything and try and make it “fit”.

On the other hand, her financial advice could actually work really well if she (1) actually spoke about finances herself, i.e. how she makes a living by being an influencer; don’t give us exact numbers but an idea of % income from SWS, influencing, ebooks etc. could be so interesting to learn; (2) if she gave us examples of her own experience with investing and, khe khe, mortgages; (3) if she wasn’t spending and hoarding designer items like there’s no tomorrow. But knowing what we know here and see on her insta, it’s just bullshit. Sad that brands and her followers buy it.

Reactions: 8
To be fair, that was Lydia Millen's comment, not Zanna's.
I was going to say the same, it’s a very Lydia comment. For a blogger Lydia isn’t very good with words (I think she might be dyslexic though) and always tries to be posher than she is 😂

It’s a very strange pairing!? I feel like they are very very different! Lydia is so unsustainable - bought a new house and ripped everything out, decided she didn’t like it so did it again and then again!

How long until Z gets an Hermes bag now? Lydia is obsessed with hers.

Agreed and I think that’s what put me off her.

If I originally followed someone for workouts, legging/trainer inspo, healthy recipes etc, then that’s all I want to see. I don’t give a F about their aggressively panelled house and multiple designer bags, I follow other people for that!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Just did some hunting and I see no humorous tagged photos which makes me wonder if she’s went through an untagging spree🧐 if so, HI ZANNA STOP KILLING THE PLANET WITH YOUR EXCESSIVE FLYING K BYE
She definitely reads here, have you noticed the amazon affiliate links have stopped? We see you Zan

That's hilarious. There were SOOO Many
Wonder if that was a WHOLESOME time going through and untagging them all

I just puked in my mouth guys
View attachment 709043
Hasn't she been creeping on Lydia for yonks? Looks like she's finally made Instafwends with her

She's sooooo desperate for Travel companies to work with her

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Totally agree! I myself am trying to grow my Insta account, but never for a second have I stopped thinking about the framework. People follow others for certain content and then they get used to it. Of course, slight deviations or expanding in a slightly different direction is all OK, but she’s just grasping at straws. Same goes for brand partnerships - I have had many irrelevant offers that I have turned down because it doesn’t fit me and my content, so won’t be relevant to my followers. Can’t say that about Rosanna - she’ll sell everything and try and make it “fit”.

On the other hand, her financial advice could actually work really well if she (1) actually spoke about finances herself, i.e. how she makes a living by being an influencer; don’t give us exact numbers but an idea of % income from SWS, influencing, ebooks etc. could be so interesting to learn; (2) if she gave us examples of her own experience with investing and, khe khe, mortgages; (3) if she wasn’t spending and hoarding designer items like there’s no tomorrow. But knowing what we know here and see on her insta, it’s just bullshit. Sad that brands and her followers buy it.
My problem with her giving financial advice of any means is that it’s all bullshit due to her privilege. We live in a society where some people are born or marry into wealth which means they can afford a lifestyle that 99% of other people can only dream of. There is no issue with her being in that 1%, someone has to be, why shouldn’t it be her? (Genuinely).

The problem comes in when these people then give out financial advice because it’s just not obtainable or a fair comparison. Even in her position as an influencer,she has a bespoke gym in her house with great lighting, top of the range equipment etc that has been been positioned so she can easily create content. For the vast majority of fitness influencers that’s not possible. They have to film in a gym or the garden so her content can be more consistent then most due to her privilege. She can film when she wants, never has an issue with noise or people using the equipment etc etc, all of this is a privilege.

When she advertises investment apps and talks about money it’s on such a basic level. There is no depth or knowledge to it because she doesn’t have a clue really, because she doesn’t need too. Ant pays for the house (even if she’s giving him rent, there is security for her and she doesn’t have to worry about defaulting on a mortgage) and she has a much greater disposable income then most people because he can afford tit too.

Someone who can afford to go on multiple holidays a year due to their privilege (ie their luck and wealth) should not be giving out financial advice that makes people think that if they follow these simple steps they too Could be rich. It isn’t a fair comparison. It’s not fair to make Jane who earns £26k a year and has about £300 of disposable income after rent, bills, travel, food etc etc think that they could get to Zanna’s lifestyle by following her advice. Not when every single day she is encouraging people to support her business which sells clothing at £100+ per item, or products like the probiotics which are £80 for a month. The reality is she doesn’t understand or realise her reality is so far removed from most people’s reality that her advice is just pointless.

There is no problem with being privileged, there is a huge problem in not realising and acknowledging that you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
All I see, with a few exceptions, is her YouTube audience declining. I hope she fades into oblivion.

Reactions: 7
To be fair, that was Lydia Millen's comment, not Zanna's.
Which she shared….I’d be asking my mate if she was ok posting shite like that, not sharing it to Instagram

She lives in Cobham

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.