Zanna van Dijk #12 Can't use google and only decorate with my designer's approval

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm. For once (and it won’t happen again) I agree. His book was fine, not original (despite his fans saying otherwise) and others have done the same thing but in a much more considered and complex way. It seemed a bit lazy, to me.
I agree exactly with what she said. It was a really easy read and nothing groundbreaking.

I prefer his Comfort Book. It's not a novel, but as someone with severe mental illness it is genuinely comforting (although again, not really groundbreaking - just nice to flick through!)

Reactions: 1
I agree with her book review too. Although from what she normally shares, I don't think she's a big fiction reader. She seems to like a lot of the self help type books aimed at women her age.

Reactions: 2
I agree, but what killed me from Zanna's story was the "my verdict". Like she's this great literary eminence and we're all waiting to hear what she thinks about the books she's reading. Who the duck has ever read a book because Zanna van Dick recommended it or stopped reading one because she called it "nothing mind blowing"?
Seems like she is trying to copy Hazel but promote book sales through her amazon aff link

Reactions: 3
I agree, but what killed me from Zanna's story was the "my verdict". Like she's this great literary eminence and we're all waiting to hear what she thinks about the books she's reading. Who the duck has ever read a book because Zanna van Dick recommended it or stopped reading one because she called it "nothing mind blowing"?
Oh, totally, I have less than zero interest in what she thinks - and I read because I love reading and not to prove something about myself or virtue signal like she does. This is a woman who keeps books in a drawer remember, so her opinion is utterly meaningless to me 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Is it just me that immediately mentally blacklists any company that gives Zanna stuff?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Is it just me that immediately mentally blacklists any company that gives Zanna stuff?
I pretty much black list any company that works with influencers. There are a few exceptions because I can’t afford to write off all companies and shop only local, and I never ever buy from AL. I always go in store to buy something when it’s permitted. I really hate online shopping.
I’m not in the UK so a lot of the companies Zanna works with, like all of the free food she’s sent and this clothing thing, so the advertising doesn’t work on me. Also,
She sucks so I wouldn’t buy any of her recommendations

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This morning she's on her way to Frensham ponds for some wild swimming. Given the tragic news about the people who lost their lives swimming in Loch Lomond over the weekend, how does she not think it's in bad taste? At the very least she is promoting wild swimming without talking about how to be safe in the cold water. It's very irresponsible.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Is it an organised venue or a real 'wild' spot?

I do open water and wild swimming and there are lots of things you need to be aware of, particularly if swimming alone

I think I've seen videos from her before where she's jumping into water. Really stupid thing to share

Reactions: 5
She didn’t actually say she was going swimming so I assume she’s just going to find a big rock to pose on!? And provide a laugh to all the legitimate wild swimmers 🤣

• Haha
Is it an organised venue or a real 'wild' spot?

I do open water and wild swimming and there are lots of things you need to be aware of, particularly if swimming alone

I think I've seen videos from her before where she's jumping into water. Really stupid thing to share
No, it's a "wild" spot - but it is national trust. I've been to Frensham ponds (not far from where I live) but only in the winter so not sure how many people go in the water. Last time I only saw dogs in the water (though my dog refused to go in🤣)

She didn’t actually say she was going swimming so I assume she’s just going to find a big rock to pose on!? And provide a laugh to all the legitimate wild swimmers 🤣
This is fair though she does say wild swimming on her story which in Zanna speak is paddling. Just like how she says "hiking" and actually means "a long walk".

Reactions: 7
I live near it too, it’s pretty gross if I’m honest. Dogs in there mostly and it’s been shut a few times because of blue-green algae which is toxic. Enjoy zannypants!

• Haha
I live near it too, it’s pretty gross if I’m honest. Dogs in there mostly and it’s been shut a few times because of blue-green algae which is toxic. Enjoy zannypants!
Ugh her calling it a 'wild swimming spot' I live close too and hate that just cause it's got a sandy area people call it a beach and go mad for it in any hot weather. And like you say always its often not suitable to swim in cause of the algae. Mostly used for kayaking or sailing. It's a nice walk round but ughhhh. Why she gotta be unique and pretend its some secret lil spot. It's literally heaving with everyone from Farnham on a hot day. Stop tryna be edgy Zanna, you're so cringey.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She did say "shoot some snaps in Stay Wild".
How many pictures in her simplistic, mediocre, copy-and-paste designs that were all done before does she need? Didn't she just do a photo shoot on an actual beach with her partner Nat on one of her MANY weekends away?

Reactions: 6
I live near frensham too and the big pond (without the beach) is beautiful. We had our engagement photos taken there. The ‘beachy’ one not so much and if it’s a nice day it’ll be rammed!

Reactions: 3
Ugh her calling it a 'wild swimming spot' I live close too and hate that just cause it's got a sandy area people call it a beach and go mad for it in any hot weather. And like you say always its often not suitable to swim in cause of the algae. Mostly used for kayaking or sailing. It's a nice walk round but ughhhh. Why she gotta be unique and pretend its some secret lil spot. It's literally heaving with everyone from Farnham on a hot day. Stop tryna be edgy Zanna, you're so cringey.
To be fair, "wild" swimming is swimming in any body of natural water, and I've definitely seen people talk about trips to Fresham on outdoor swimming forums.
My gripe is that she doesn't swim, doesn't promote any safety, and is clearly jumping on this "wild" thing to show how cool and kooky she is.

She's in for a shock when she finds out the majority of REAL wild swimmers are not super cool middle class rebels with money to spunk on her overpriced teeny weeny bikinis. They are in fact, middle aged women. It's mums and older women looking for "me time" and enjoying a physical activity that celebrates what your body can do not what it looks like. I'm the youngest in all my swimming groups and I'm in my 30s and have three kids. It's almost a competition in some circles to see how LITTLE we can buy, who can have the most imaginative gear. People carry their kit in an ikea bag, not a £60 wicker basket. They use their oldest towel because nice ones will get wrecked outside in the dirt and the mud, not using fancy cotton towels.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
LOL what was she expecting 😂 I looked up Frensham and saw straight away that the designated/safe swimming areas are fairly shallow, one is 1.4m at its deepest point and one is 1.2m. Zanna is 1.88m tall so of course it will look quite shallow to her.
1627300834050.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Christ employing someone to take professional pictures of your basic out of style walk in wardrobe in order to do a ‘wardrobe tour’ is new levels of narcissism. Nobody gives a tit Zanna as it looks the same as every other bloody room in your house

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.