Zanna van Dijk #12 Can't use google and only decorate with my designer's approval

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I looked at getting my bathroom (2 bed flat so small bathroom!) done earlier in the year and had quotes of £4.5k-£5.5k.. I cannot imagine how much hers is costing!

I think they will redo the kitchen at some point in the next year, which I guess would be £30k!?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
This is about JoJo not Zanna but I'm posting anyway as they're linked.

Wtf is this caption?! No Jojo, funnily enough, most people don't buy books just to place objects on. This is one of the most pompous, idiotic things I've seen. She literally admits in the comments that she's never cooked anything from the Polpo book. It can't just be me that thinks this is so weird?
View attachment 677045
Tell me you don't read books (or listen to audio books) without telling me you don't read books :rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
So I looked at getting my bathroom (2 bed flat so small bathroom!) done earlier in the year and had quotes of £4.5k-£5.5k.. I cannot imagine how much hers is costing!

I think they will redo the kitchen at some point in the next year, which I guess would be £30k!?
That’s a Tom Howley kitchen in there now….so for that size with the appliances you’re looking at somewhere between 80-100k minimum. I think it’s the one thing they might leave alone. Jojo was banging on about changing the handles to black and then someone pointed out that they’d need to change all the cabinet hinges too or it’d look daft and was never mentioned again…imagine her fancy designer not thinking about how shut her idea would look and having to be told by insta comments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Why the f$#& has Ant stood on a wall to take a picture next to his giant ass girlfriend. That’s just embarrassing. I wonder who’s idea that was?? Surely a guy wouldn’t do that?!!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
That’s a Tom Howley kitchen in there now….so for that size with the appliances you’re looking at somewhere between 80-100k minimum. I think it’s the one thing they might leave alone. Jojo was banging on about changing the handles to black and then someone pointed out that they’d need to change all the cabinet hinges too or it’d look daft and was never mentioned again…imagine her fancy designer not thinking about how shut her idea would look and having to be told by insta comments
Totally forgot about the kitchen handles being changed to black. Pretty sure she showed some samples ?? Just had a look at the latest kitchen photo and the handles look like the original silver ones. They would be mad to change that kitchen, it looks so well made and looks like it cost a fortune. But then again they have literally changed everything else in the house when it was perfectly fine so 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Thank you for that in depth book review of The Midnight Library, Zanna. I'm sure that Sunday Times bestselling author, Matt Haig will be delighted to read that although you found it an 'easy read' it was nothing 'mind blowing'. At least he writes his own work and doesn't rely on copy and paste. Try it sometime?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank you for that in depth book review of The Midnight Library, Zanna. I'm sure that Sunday Times bestselling author, Matt Haig will be delighted to read that although you found it an 'easy read' it was nothing 'mind blowing'. At least he writes his own work and doesn't rely on copy and paste. Try it sometime?
Literally, all the other reviews rave about how this gets into your brain and makes you think, how unique and distinct it is. Either she didn't "get" it, or she's trying to come across as just too good for it. My book club read it, and while I didn't enjoy it, it's quite thought-provoking and everyone else absolutely adored it.

Reactions: 10
Sounds like a review of her blog tbh. The 7/10 would be generous though.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Is the sale price of his London flat on yet?
I don't know the address

Totally forgot about the kitchen handles being changed to black. Pretty sure she showed some samples ?? Just had a look at the latest kitchen photo and the handles look like the original silver ones. They would be mad to change that kitchen, it looks so well made and looks like it cost a fortune. But then again they have literally changed everything else in the house when it was perfectly fine so 🤷‍♀️
Not the sustainable life she's promoting

His work is kinda boring. Have no idea how he has so many bestsellers

Reactions: 2
Literally, all the other reviews rave about how this gets into your brain and makes you think, how unique and distinct it is. Either she didn't "get" it, or she's trying to come across as just too good for it. My book club read it, and while I didn't enjoy it, it's quite thought-provoking and everyone else absolutely adored it.
Hmm. For once (and it won’t happen again) I agree. His book was fine, not original (despite his fans saying otherwise) and others have done the same thing but in a much more considered and complex way. It seemed a bit lazy, to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It is when the majority of stuff she does is "gifted" or "press meals" 🙄 like what does she actually pay for? She even charged people to go on a hike JFC
Eurgh you’re right, so true. I guess literally all of that is cash that can burned (on panelling in the nest 😂)

Reactions: 2
Hmm. For once (and it won’t happen again) I agree. His book was fine, not original (despite his fans saying otherwise) and others have done the same thing but in a much more considered and complex way. It seemed a bit lazy, to me.
I agree, but what killed me from Zanna's story was the "my verdict". Like she's this great literary eminence and we're all waiting to hear what she thinks about the books she's reading. Who the duck has ever read a book because Zanna van Dick recommended it or stopped reading one because she called it "nothing mind blowing"?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.