Zanna van Dijk #11 Never-ending panelling fest. Vanity project at the Surrey nest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t get how she has so much money though. Apart from being a spoilt little rich kid due to well off parents just how does she make so much. SWS is over priced and I can’t imagine makes her that much money considering NG does the bulk of work. She sells some over priced granola and has a plant bundle deal. She obviously gets paid to advertise some random stuff but even so would that give her that much income to spend thousands in designer stores. How is she doing it????
Honestly the fact that Ant's job will pay at least 150k a year speaks volumes

Reactions: 7
Another thing about Zambia that has been bugging me lately is that she wears stuff from New Look quite a bit. It's not very sustainable - it's fast fashion at the end of the day. She has all the resources in the world to research sustainable small brands and buy jeans and shirts from them, and promote them on social media. I am sure that *some* of her audience have the means to spend a bit extra on their basics.
(Unless she had bought the New Look clothes a long time ago when she couldn't afford things with good eco credentials - than all power to hear for re-wearing, this is what sustainability is all about, but somehow I doubt it. They're probably recent purchases and will end up on depop in no time).
View attachment 573018
How - HOW - can anyone who claims to have an interest in sustainability buy jeans from Newlook?! Jeans in general are really, really taxing on the environment. Patagonia don’t even sell jeans - they claim it’s a ‘dirty business’ and want nothing to do with it. But for them to come from a fast fashion chain...how can she peddle them?!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Honestly the fact that Ant's job will pay at least 150k a year speaks volumes
Yeah, she likes to pretend she's this Boss Babe, but really, she's not independent. Ant is the main reason she can pretend to be so well-off. Plus whatever money she makes from flogging stuff online (and I've learned that can be A LOT even when we mere mortals with normal jobs can't fathom why they've earn that much for doing essentially nothing) goes to her. She didn't help with the house's downpayment, her name's not on the deed, it doesn't seem like she buys much, everything is gifted, and whatever isn't it's probably paid by Ant unless it's a random thing she wants herself.

So much for being a Boss Babe.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The vast majority of these sell confessed 'Boss Babes' 🙄 are either bankrolled by their other half or family money, there's a pattern of it if you look at the IG 'influencers' it's actually depressing and a negative message. Most of them wouldnt have the following without the privilege of money taking them to remote locations or buying those designer bags or time of being able to work out for hours a day to portray this perfect 'aspirational' IG life.
It's all so sad and depressing really!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm probably a prude, but I felt sick looking at her nether regions so much in her SWS reel. Maybe it's because her hips are in the center of the screen or because some of he bikini bottoms are cut that way ... :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She is not vegan, she is plant focused !!!!!1!!1!!!!!
She’s full of tit and goes from one fad to another. Her being ‘plant based’ was just one of those fads.

And because I’m so sad I’ve googled the restaurant and they in fact do cheese free vegan pizza’s..l wonder if you‘d get blocked for pointing that out?

Reactions: 11
So, I took one for the team and watched part of the vlog.

Takes her over 3 minutes to mention that the treehouse stay is #gifted. Apparently she's under no obligation to declare that in the video (only on IG) but she wants to give us a full disclaimer.
I am not super familiar with ASA rules but I imagine you should still declare it. Like, you're showing and recommending something you didn't pay for yourself.
So with the whole thing, it cracked me up when she said that the outdoor bath tub "sold" the place to them. I know it's a figure of speech but it's still annoyed me as obv they didn't pay for the stay :rolleyes:

They film a treehouse tour but it's done really badly, the source of light is often behind Zanna so you can see tit. A bit like when they did the first house tour and it was done like this too? Like how hard would it be for Ant to film it from the other corner of the room so the direction of the light is correct/flattering ? He must surely be able to see these things?

Lastly, she calls it her "bougie country bish outfit" ⬇ You said it Zambo.
Also, I spy, with my little eye.
A freaking Luis Vuitton bag.
:rolleyes:

Screenshot_20210516-003418.png

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Takes her over 3 minutes to mention that the treehouse stay is #gifted. Apparently she's under no obligation to declare that in the video (only on IG) but she wants to give us a full disclaimer.
I am not super familiar with ASA rules but I imagine you should still declare it. Like, you're showing and recommending something you didn't pay for yourself.
So with the whole thing, it cracked me up when she said that the outdoor bath tub "sold" the place to them. I know it's a figure of speech but it's still annoyed me as obv they didn't pay for the stay :rolleyes:

They film a treehouse tour but it's done really badly, the source of light is often behind Zanna so you can see tit. A bit like when they did the first house tour and it was done like this too? Like how hard would it be for Ant to film it from the other corner of the room so the direction of the light is correct/flattering ? He must surely be able to see these things?

Lastly, she calls it her "bougie country bish outfit" ⬇You said it Zambo.

View attachment 575968
She most definitely is under an obligation to declare it as gifted in the video! Rules or not, it's just basic morals to be honest.

Reactions: 11
I love the Dubarry boots. I bought a replica because #spenny but they're super practical and warm. I also live in Surrey; 20 mins into Clapham, 5mins to M25, 12 min drive to Heathrow so absolutely NOT the countryside. My dad took one look at me in the boots and asked where my pony was 😆 I do like her posh-girl-meets-country outfits but think they look too try-hard / fancy dress.
Also, Hampshire is one of the largest counties in England....🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 17

View attachment 575968
Honestly, who takes an LV bag to a treehouse when you are going to spend the time walking and chilling out? It’s so pretentious. She had lost the plot at this point. Completely lost it.

Old Zanna would have a rucksack or something more applicable and unpretentious. And definitely something vegan.

I love the Dubarry boots. I bought a replica because #spenny but they're super practical and warm. I also live in Surrey; 20 mins into Clapham, 5mins to M25, 12 min drive to Heathrow so absolutely NOT the countryside. My dad took one look at me in the boots and asked where my pony was 😆 I do like her posh-girl-meets-country outfits but think they look too try-hard / fancy dress.
Also, Hampshire is one of the largest counties in England....🙈
Boots are nice but also leather.

It’s like she’s decided that her plant based and sustainability views don’t apply to her clothing, interior design ... or much else at this point in time.

Reactions: 22
I don’t mind the items she’s wearing individually, I have a Barbour and wear it a lot in London as it’s warm and waterproof.

But the whole effect is a weird Cotswolds retiree cosplay and just a bit silly really. If they brought back Keeping Up Appearances for the 2020s, it’s what Hyacinth would wear to a stately home!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I don’t mind the items she’s wearing individually, I have a Barbour and wear it a lot in London as it’s warm and waterproof.

But the whole effect is a weird Cotswolds retiree cosplay and just a bit silly really. If they brought back Keeping Up Appearances for the 2020s, it’s what Hyacinth would wear to a stately home!

Absolutely spot on!! 😆

Reactions: 7
To

View attachment 575968
To play devils advocate here: I think she meant she’s under no obligation to mention the treehouse on the video or vlog it at all, she was only contracted on her Instagram to post about it. She didn’t explain herself well but I’m sure that’s what she meant 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yes the lighting was terrible. Then Zanna took the camera and did her own tour with better lighting anyway so wouldn’t you have watched it back and just not used the part where Ant filmed?

Reactions: 5
Not this again.
Untitled.png

It wouldn't be the first time, love, and definitely not the last.
Untitled1.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.