Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to have 1. I thought it was alright. It depends on how long your hair is. Shoulder to above chest is perfect. Any longer is bit more complicated bc it is easier to get tangled, so just be careful & try remember to not spin the barrel till you're at the ends. Once you get used to it & figure it out, it gives a super nice blow out. The hair is smooth & volumised. Although to be totally honest, this can all be done with hair drier & round barrel brush.
Ah yes I was thinking about tangling!!

Hey thought I’d chime in! I’ve been loving the BaByliss Thermo-Ceramic Rollers. Similar to you, I’ve got long thick hair and honestly these rollers give me a bounce that looks like I’ve just had a blow dry done at the hairdressers. Would recommend 🥰.
Rollers sounds like a good idea...I had some heated rollers in my teens and used them all the time. I'm going tonlook into those, thanks!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have bangs and fine hair (a lot of it, but fine strands) and sadly, during the day, my bangs start to look not so fresh anymore. I wash my hair daily, but I have to, due to seborrhoeic scalp eczema. Dry shampoo has always caused bad eczema flares. Has any of you a suggestion on how to keep the bangs looking fresh longer? I don't put any styling stuff on them, just blow-dry, put a velcro roller in, let it cool down and I'm good to go.

I have bangs and fine hair (a lot of it, but fine strands) and sadly, during the day, my bangs start to look not so fresh anymore. I wash my hair daily, but I have to, due to seborrhoeic scalp eczema. Dry shampoo has always caused bad eczema flares. Has any of you a suggestion on how to keep the bangs looking fresh longer? I don't put any styling stuff on them, just blow-dry, put a velcro roller in, let it cool down and I'm good to go.
Dry shampoo is good when you have fine/oily hair!

Perhaps trying glycolic acid toner on your scalp. The Ordinary’s is perfect because it comes with a nozzle. Lots of articles about this eg

• Wow
Reactions: 1
looking at getting my hair extensions put back in… last time i had 20” keratin bonds from beauty works however, i found they went quite ratty?? at the ends by month 3 and the bit between my scalp and the bond got quite matted.
i’ve considered trying the ones that get refit every 6 weeks but i do tie my hair up quite a lot for the gym/ horse riding so i’m unsure if that would be suitable
does anyone have any extension brands they’d recommend and if they have any suggestions for the type of extensions? sorry that was a lot lol but thank u!

Perhaps trying glycolic acid toner on your scalp. The Ordinary’s is perfect because it comes with a nozzle. Lots of articles about this eg

:eek: I have the toner at home!!! I'm not sure that it helps my bangs problem, but my scalp might be impressed by it. Right now I'm again on medicated shampoo two times a week since the latest flare left me again with it spreading farther and farther and I scratched so much that it started bleeding....The shampoo is okay, but maybe the acid in the toner has a bit more oomph to it.

• Heart
looking at getting my hair extensions put back in… last time i had 20” keratin bonds from beauty works however, i found they went quite ratty?? at the ends by month 3 and the bit between my scalp and the bond got quite matted.
i’ve considered trying the ones that get refit every 6 weeks but i do tie my hair up quite a lot for the gym/ horse riding so i’m unsure if that would be suitable
does anyone have any extension brands they’d recommend and if they have any suggestions for the type of extensions? sorry that was a lot lol but thank u!
I have used beauty works 24 inch extensions for nearly ten years and I get around 5months out of them. I use garnier ultimate blends conditioner every day for three minutes and ola plex bond mask once a week. I also never use shampoo on them as this makes them dry. I use ola plex hair oil or black seed oil from a brand called Amla which smells lovely and give them real shine. I only use a tangle teaser brush too and use washer sheets if they get too staticky.

I have used beauty works 24 inch extensions for nearly ten years and I get around 5months out of them. I use garnier ultimate blends conditioner every day for three minutes and ola plex bond mask once a week. I also never use shampoo on them as this makes them dry. I use ola plex hair oil or black seed oil from a brand called Amla which smells lovely and give them real shine. I only use a tangle teaser brush too and use washer sheets if they get too staticky.
interesting! okay thank you!

How do I get glass like skin?

I use hyaluronic acid serum on damp skin (on my lips too which is working well), and then I use a chanel moisturiser on top. To cleanse I just use a cerave foaming cleanser …. My skin is so soft but it doesn’t look great.
is there anything anyone does to get a glow, or a fresh faced look?

I use hyaluronic acid serum on damp skin (on my lips too which is working well), and then I use a chanel moisturiser on top. To cleanse I just use a cerave foaming cleanser …. My skin is so soft but it doesn’t look great.

My skin has the best glow either after getting microdermabrasion or when I use acids like glycolic acid. I have somewhat dull skin and am prone to getting spots here and there, plus my skin can't decide whether it's dry or oily (it's both often at once). Microdermabrasion helps loads in getting rid of the dullness and the glycolic acid adds on top of that (not on the same day!!!).

Reactions: 3
It might be worth making sure your shampoo isn’t too clarifying or stripping. I know it seems obvious to reach for clarifying shampoos for oily hair, but you might find that your scalp produces less oils if you’re using something more nourishing (it will be worse for a while though while your scalp adjusts!)

My skin has the best glow either after getting microdermabrasion or when I use acids like glycolic acid. I have somewhat dull skin and am prone to getting spots here and there, plus my skin can't decide whether it's dry or oily (it's both often at once). Microdermabrasion helps loads in getting rid of the dullness and the glycolic acid adds on top of that (not on the same day!!!).
totally forgot about microdermabrasion,
I have had it done at a salon before and loved the results, it just started to work out fairly expensive.

There seems to be loads of at home microdermabrasion kits - any recommendations

When I start thinking it’s time to put some effort in to my appearance, the costs seem to spiral.

totally forgot about microdermabrasion,
I have had it done at a salon before and loved the results, it just started to work out fairly expensive.

There seems to be loads of at home microdermabrasion kits - any recommendations

When I start thinking it’s time to put some effort in to my appearance, the costs seem to spiral.
I used to buy a great microdermabrasion scrub from Asda but my local stopped stocking it. It’s worth checking the cheaper brands as a lot of them have quite effective ingredients these days!

Daily microfoliant by Dermalogica, even if you use it once a week it makes such a difference.
You can mix it with cleanser or use it alone but the key is to mix it really well in your hands, you shouldn't really feel the grains.
They also have super microfoliant but it's a bit much for sensitive skin.

• Heart

azeliac acid! i love face theory’s

sorry if it’s been asked- does anyone have shampoo recommendations for oily hair?? my hair gets greasy after a day and i’ve tried to train it for years!!! i dry shampoo it the night i wash it too which slightly helps

Last edited:
  • Heart
Just came across this thread and love it 😀

Polished is a look I can just never pull off. It is a look I love as it seems so effortless, yet takes work.
I've recently started on my bodycare after following a girl on insta, so now it's showering with exfoliating gloves(so cheap and been around for ever) plus body scrub (even every other shower) and mosuturise, moisturise!

Good skincare routine, I've always done this and make up free 90% of the time, I only wear make up if going out for lunch etc, I use a little tinted mosuturiser otherwise.

My other go to's have been mentioned already:
Regular pedicures
Eyebrows/lashes(tint)
Regular salon visits for haircut and colour.
Nails I just keep short and use a clear or nude polish.

Clothes are where I struggle the most, I have sensory issues so need comfortable clothes, I can't wear jeans at all and certain styles of shoes.
It's very difficult to look neat and tidy in leggings or joggers.

Reactions: 2
I have quite a few blackheads and wondered is there a treatment you can have to get them extracted? I have no idea what to look for.

I have quite a few blackheads and wondered is there a treatment you can have to get them extracted? I have no idea what to look for.
I love the Bioré strips - see the link. I know a lot of people say these don’t work, but I will wait until goes rock hard and leave longer than suggested and there are usually a load of blackhead trees 😂

Another option would be to go for a facial and ask for extractions - they will remove all the blackheads for you.

After time you can get yourself a steamer and a tool and do it yourself.

Amazon product

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.