Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So with 8 weeks to go until my holiday ✈ and the sun starting to make an appearance - what are everyone’s top tips for not turning in to a human tomato and actually getting a nice tan? I exfoliate, use appropriate suncream etc but as I start from the colour of a4 paper on day 1 of the summer it never ends well. I just go red and then have a patchy but very slight tan when the red fades. Hoping if I start prepping my skin now I’ll have better luck this year! Happy to spend on a tried and tested product if necessary.

Reactions: 3
So with 8 weeks to go until my holiday ✈ and the sun starting to make an appearance - what are everyone’s top tips for not turning in to a human tomato and actually getting a nice tan? I exfoliate, use appropriate suncream etc but as I start from the colour of a4 paper on day 1 of the summer it never ends well. I just go red and then have a patchy but very slight tan when the red fades. Hoping if I start prepping my skin now I’ll have better luck this year! Happy to spend on a tried and tested product if necessary.
Probably bad advice but if im going on holiday i always go sunbed for a couple of sessions to build up a base so i dont burn on holiday 😊

but im sure someone will offer a more healthy approach 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Probably bad advice but if im going on holiday i always go sunbed for a couple of sessions to build up a base so i dont burn on holiday 😊

but im sure someone will offer a more healthy approach 🤣🤣
I was going to say the same 🫣
I used Gatineau tan accelerator before I went away, during and after. Really helped. My stomach was so tanned.

Reactions: 2
The Liberty beauty box arrived today 😍 can’t wait to try these bits View attachment 2109145
Ooh I love Davines shampoos! Great formulas and the smell is simply amazing 🤩
What is your skin phototype? You saying you just go red instead of tanning made me think you might have type I-II skin (people with these types usually have blue or green eyes and blonde or red hair). I’d suggest reading into Fitzpatrick skin phototypes and tanning accordingly. If anything, you can always use some fake tan to appear more bronzed.

From my experience, I have started to wear skirts / shorts as soon as the sun makes an appearance as it exposes your body to low levels of sun rays.
When it's hotter always wear SPF 50 on your face regardless, but if yo

but im sure someone will offer a more healthy approach 🤣
Fake it till you make it with Dove gradual moisturiser tanner for me 🤣

Reactions: 6
What is your skin phototype? You saying you just go red instead of tanning made me think you might have type I-II skin (people with these types usually have blue or green eyes and blonde or red hair). I’d suggest reading into Fitzpatrick skin phototypes and tanning accordingly. If anything, you can always use some fake tan to appear more bronzed.
I didn’t even know phototype was a thing 😂 I have very pale skin but brown eyes and naturally blondey/light brown hair. I think type II-III. Probably inbetween those. I’ll do some research 😁 fake tan always looks awful on me, I just end up looking like a wotsit no matter what tan I try.

Reactions: 2
From my experience, I have started to wear skirts / shorts as soon as the sun makes an appearance as it exposes your body to low levels of sun rays.
When it's hotter always wear SPF 50 on your face regardless, but if yo

Fake it till you make it with Dove gradual moisturizer tanner for me 🤣
love the dove gradual tanner! I use that normally in the UK but for a holiday I would need a proper sunbed tan otherwise I would still go red straight away lol.

a few times I haven't used a sunbed, I would use a 30 spf cream, it would take longer and my tan wouldn't be as deep but at least I didn't burn, so that's always an option too depending on how tanned you want to be.

Reactions: 4
I didn’t even know phototype was a thing 😂 I have very pale skin but brown eyes and naturally blondey/light brown hair. I think type II-III. Probably inbetween those. I’ll do some research 😁 fake tan always looks awful on me, I just end up looking like a wotsit no matter what tan I try.
I went to sun bed shop years ago. Did the questionnaire thingy and because I’d got ginger hair and really pale skin, she said it was in my best interests and hers, that I didn’t use her sunbeds and she also said it would be wise to keep away from them indefinitely 🙈
Factor 50 all the way for me 🙈😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I really like the st tropez express mousse. I throw it on and leave it around two hours then shower it off gently. It looks much more natural than other tans I’ve tried.

I initially suggested reading about skin phototypes because people with different types tan differently, it depends on the amount of melanin pigment in the skin. People with very fair skin blue/green eyes might not tan at all but just burn. The general rule of thumb is, the paler the skin, the more difficult it is for you to tan (and you need more sun protection too). I’m type II-III with lots of freckles, I burn very easily and tan poorly, I tend to use SPF throughout the year. Knowing your skin phototype can help you find proper skincare and make the most out of tanning while minimising the risks of sun damage.

My favourite fake tan has always been Dove. I really want to try St Tropez too, but I’ve heard it stains clothes a little.

• Heart
There has been a public service campaign for years in Australia with the line 'Tanning is skin cells in trauma' which always plays in my head whenever I consider getting a real tan 😅 Basically their message is that even if you don't burn your skin is still getting damaged, https://www.cancer.nsw.gov.au/preve...and-skin-cancer/important-facts-about-tanning

I go with the fake-tan route and keep up the 50+. To lessen the chance of skin cancer but also to prevent premature aging generally.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This is the only range I use now. https://www.boots.com/vichy-capital-soleil-solar-protective-water-hydrating-spf50 200ml-10274325

I have never been able to get a tan but used this during lockdown in the Uk and my mum said she’d never seen me so brown. They do a tab accelerator one too which I plan on trying this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This is the only range I use now. https://www.boots.com/vichy-capital-soleil-solar-protective-water-hydrating-spf50 200ml-10274325

I have never been able to get a tan but used this during lockdown in the Uk and my mum said she’d never seen me so brown. They do a tab accelerator one too which I plan on trying this year.
I was the same in lockdown !!
Although I didn't sit and bathe, I used to go out every morning for a walk, and every afternoon (after I'd finishing sitting at my desk for what felt like 24 hours) - I used to lather myself in factor 25/30, and got such a nice little tan!
Since then, I now get a nice tan whenever I've been away although I do always cover up with sun cream as skin cancer sadly runs in our family x

Big vote for Isle of Paradise fake tan here! I use the light one as it starts getting warmer to look a bit more sunkissed and always get compliments on it! It doesn’t have that awful biscuit smell either 🤣

Any recommendations for lotions and potions that will give your skin a nice glow, not makeup wise I mean to go with out makeup. I’ve read get a good vitamin c cream, any other suggestions?

Was interested in those new bobbi Brown jones road miracle balms ….then I read the comments under the insta posts!!! Some very unhappy customers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.