Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any recommendations for botox in a bottle type serum?
got lancome and also the ordinary
Just wondered if that’s the best I can get and I now too far gone and need actual botox
Or is there more hope our there 😬
Is the Ordinary one this product? I haven't tried this yet but have been meaning to! I've read good things online.

Reactions: 4
Any recommendations for botox in a bottle type serum?
got lancome and also the ordinary
Just wondered if that’s the best I can get and I now too far gone and need actual botox
Or is there more hope our there 😬

I’ve had the TO Argireline and tbh, it didn’t do much for me. I have Botox in my jaw for treating bruxism , but there’s a bit in my chin and it’s now completely smooth! The serum never had any such effect.

In a couple of German forums they’re raving about this stuff, but I haven’t tried it yet.
Amazon product

Reactions: 1
I’m trying to incorporate retinol into my routine, I have really dry sensitive skin so I hope I don’t mess it up lol

in other words, does anyone have any really good oral hygiene products? I’m getting invisalign soon so I’ve been extremely religious with my oral care (2x twice a day electric brush, mouthwash, flossing, tongue scraper etc), if anyone has any good products pls let me know

Reactions: 1
I’m trying to incorporate retinol into my routine, I have really dry sensitive skin so I hope I don’t mess it up lol

in other words, does anyone have any really good oral hygiene products? I’m getting invisalign soon so I’ve been extremely religious with my oral care (2x twice a day electric brush, mouthwash, flossing, tongue scraper etc), if anyone has any good products pls let me know
Use interdental brushes instead of floss is my top tip. I dip mine in toothpaste and use every time I brush my teeth. I have 4 different colours to fit the gaps in my teeth and buy in bulk from Amazon.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Can anyone recommend a really good waterproof (or as near as damn it) mascara for my shockingly short & sparse eyelashes? I’ve tried most of the ‘false eyelash effect’ ones to no avail & am sick of paying out £15 plus for a mascara promising me luxurious lengthy lashes when in reality I get nothing of the sort! 😒
ETA - waterproof mascara needed due to facial sweating

Can anyone recommend a really good waterproof (or as near as damn it) mascara for my shockingly short & sparse eyelashes? I’ve tried most of the ‘false eyelash effect’ ones to no avail & am sick of paying out £15 plus for a mascara promising me luxurious lengthy lashes when in reality I get nothing of the sort! 😒
ETA - waterproof mascara needed due to facial sweating
Have you tried a tubing mascara? I use a Clinque one.

Reactions: 2

Water flosser for Invisalign and an ultrasonic cleaner to clean your trays.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
No, I haven’t. Thanks for the tip 😊 Pardon my ignorance but how do tubing mascaras work? I’ve never heard of them!
I use the no7 tubing one and find it great. I have longer lashes and sometimes have to wipe some off (or just apply more mindfully 🤣) because it makes them so long they brush off my glasses 😁
Tubing mascaras form a polymer tube around each lash so you can wiggle the wand a bit to "stretch" them. They are more resistant to sweat and other moisture because they don't melt or degrade like regular ones, but they are easier to remove than traditional waterproof and don't dry out your lashes in the same way. I find mine flakes a bit after a day of wear, particularly if I use oilier cosmetics around my eyes, but the flakes can be swept away without leaving a mark. I've slept in tubing mascara and woken up with perfect lashes (and a banging hangover)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Has anyone here had lip blushing/tattoo done? Thinking of trying it as I have next to no colour in my lips and lipliner and lipstick are my desert island must have to feel myself!

Has anyone here had lip blushing/tattoo done? Thinking of trying it as I have next to no colour in my lips and lipliner and lipstick are my desert island must have to feel myself!
I have it. I did it before covid so unfortunately the best of the colour was hidden behind a mask. I had very pale lips previously and it still looks good (if a little more faded now). It brightens my face and looks like I’ve made an effort when really I’ve done nothing.

Reactions: 5
I use the no7 tubing one and find it great. I have longer lashes and sometimes have to wipe some off (or just apply more mindfully 🤣) because it makes them so long they brush off my glasses 😁
Tubing mascaras form a polymer tube around each lash so you can wiggle the wand a bit to "stretch" them. They are more resistant to sweat and other moisture because they don't melt or degrade like regular ones, but they are easier to remove than traditional waterproof and don't dry out your lashes in the same way. I find mine flakes a bit after a day of wear, particularly if I use oilier cosmetics around my eyes, but the flakes can be swept away without leaving a mark. I've slept in tubing mascara and woken up with perfect lashes (and a banging hangover)
Cheers, Dee…much appreciated! 😊

I have and I love it
It wasn’t painful at all and really adds definition

Does anyone have a recommendation for clearing up under surface acne marks?

About a month ago I had two huge spots on my cheeks, squeezed them, and the red mark still persist! I use The Ordinary Niacinamide every night and a Vit C serum anyways but they’re possibly not the products to shift them.

Doesn’t help that I struggle a lot with skin picking, I’m an anxious picker with huge self hatred for myself afterwards.

Thanks!

About a month ago I had two huge spots on my cheeks, squeezed them, and the red mark still persist! I use The Ordinary Niacinamide every night and a Vit C serum anyways but they’re possibly not the products to shift them.

Doesn’t help that I struggle a lot with skin picking, I’m an anxious picker with huge self hatred for myself afterwards.

Thanks!
I’m such a picker too. I feel you! I’d say extra SPF on the scars is super important too. I’ve also tried a Eucerin pigmentation treatment (comes in a small tube) which didn’t work wonders instantly but probably will in the long term!

My friend accidentally gave herself a facial peel when she became really allergic to a product and that sort her acne and active spots out and they never returned. I don’t suggest seeking out something you’re allergic to, but a professional peel may help and save some money in the long run?

I’m such a picker too. I feel you! I’d say extra SPF on the scars is super important too. I’ve also tried a Eucerin pigmentation treatment (comes in a small tube) which didn’t work wonders instantly but probably will in the long term!
Seconding the sunscreen!
I'm also a bad picker and my skin is really prone to marks. The sunscreen at least prevents them from getting even deeper.
I'm currently trying Tranexamic Acid from Inkey List, but I jsut had it for two weeks and can't tell whether it helps.
What does help though is getting microdermabrasion. I'm getting it once a months as part of a facial and it faded really old and dark marks.

Thanks!
I’ve heard good things about the Le Roche Posey Effacler Duo which helps reduce marks left by spots etc 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.