Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a hydra facial a couple of months ago. My skin felt lovely afterwards but it felt very expensive for what it was (I’ve had general facials that felt like it did similar). Although I don’t know if Id have had more and whether that would have made a bigger impact over time. I ended up having Botox for the first time instead (three weeks ago) and omg that has completely transformed my skin. I wasn’t expecting to love it as much as I do.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
A few days in to skin and me and although I’ve still got some breakouts (which could be the product or could be time of the month) I think my skin looks visibly better with a reduction in my fine lines already.

Reactions: 7
Has anyone had a hydrafacial? I’d quite like one. Do you really need to have them regularly?!! I don’t think I could afford it 😂
My best friend had one recently! I was dying to hear how amazing it was!!!! She said it was good but no way near what they charge for it. She said it’s really overpriced and wouldn’t get one again

Reactions: 5
Has anyone had a hydrafacial? I’d quite like one. Do you really need to have them regularly?!! I don’t think I could afford it 😂
I had one last year and agree with what someone above said, it’s very expensive for what it is. My skin felt nice afterwards but wouldn’t get it again.

Reactions: 1
I had one last year and agree with what someone above said, it’s very expensive for what it is. My skin felt nice afterwards but wouldn’t get it again.
I have gotten two, loved them!! But... I get them when there is an offer on and they are at the same price as regular facials!

Like with everything, they don't suit everyones skin and I know they suit mine as they make a noticeable difference that lasts for me. I would like to get them 4 times a year but will settle for 2 times.

Reactions: 2
any recommendations for a cheap glow serum? I want to try but the one I’ve seen (mantle) is £80ish.
The Elemis glow primer is also a good option, plus you can buy minis to test it out before you buy a big one! It’s lovely and light x

Been following for a couple of weeks and already purchased some of the products recommended on here. The UKLash serum is amazing I swear I’m already seeing a difference after a week.

I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for slightly darker underarms? I already exfoliate etc but they’re still a bit darker than the rest of my arms and it makes me quite self-conscious about lifting my arms up. If anyone’s going to know a product that will work it will be you guys 😁 budget not really an issue if I know it’s going to work.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Been following for a couple of weeks and already purchased some of the products recommended on here. The UKLash serum is amazing I swear I’m already seeing a difference after a week.

I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for slightly darker underarms? I already exfoliate etc but they’re still a bit darker than the rest of my arms and it makes me quite self-conscious about lifting my arms up. If anyone’s going to know a product that will work it will be you guys 😁 budget not really an issue if I know it’s going to work.
Glycolic acid can help with pigmentation

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry if this is out of line and genuinely no shade intended but how do people afford all these treatments? I wonder if I’m majorly going wrong with money somewhere sometimes.

I had a facial mole removed at a private clinic and I have Invisalign somewhere that does lots of other cosmetic treatments and I see women coming out looking fabulous having had various treatments but it costs loads. I earn decentish money but just couldn’t afford to be getting loads done and wouldn’t want to start getting it done as a one off and then not able to maintain it. At least with Invisalign I figured the costs are pretty finite. Once I’m done I only have to keep paying for the night retainers.
I focus on one thing at a time. Though I was willing to give most things a try at least once.

I’m open to seeing students so the cost is much lower.

I’m not into getting my nails or eyelashes done because of the upkeep, but do pay for my eyebrows and regular blow drys for my younger sister at our favourite salon as it really helps with her self confidence. We did x2 a month at the start but it also depends on her work schedule. We prefer to only see one particular stylist but he can be fully booked.She hasn’t gone since the middle of Jan. We also had to wait a month for her upcoming appointment.

Last edited:
Home from hydrafacial and micro needling.
I enjoyed the hydrafacial, after a week at the gym and recent long haul flight my skin was pretty congested and dry in some areas. The physician who does my micro needling recommended it as a way to really clean and hydrate my skin to enhance the micro results.
Will see how my skin looks in the morning, currently I’m red and blotchy, like a strawberry.
The clinic I go to has really good offers, I only ever buy sessions in packages to keep the cost down 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 11
For me nothing transforms my skin as well as Botox. I know injectables aren’t for everyone but I have the smoothest bounciest skin after I’ve had it.

Jeans help please!I’m 5’2 and carry my weight round my stomach/arse. I live in oversized dresses that swamp me. I wanna branch out into jeans or even trousers, just to give myself some variety. Nothing seems to suit me? I don’t like tucking my tshirt in because it accentuates my belly but I see other women do it and they look awesome??

• Heart
For me nothing transforms my skin as well as Botox. I know injectables aren’t for everyone but I have the smoothest bounciest skin after I’ve had it.

Jeans help please!I’m 5’2 and carry my weight round my stomach/arse. I live in oversized dresses that swamp me. I wanna branch out into jeans or even trousers, just to give myself some variety. Nothing seems to suit me? I don’t like tucking my tshirt in because it accentuates my belly but I see other women do it and they look awesome??
I'm 5ft and same. High waisted trousers are a safe option I use.

Go to your local Weekday store and try on some of their jeans, I used to hate the way jeans look on me before I bought a pair of Rowe Extra High Straight. Truly the best high street jeans I’ve ever had, very flattering and comfortable, I can wear them as they are or tuck my shirts/T-shirts in. If high-waisted is not your thing, Weekday actually does different types of jeans in different lengths (which is important to me as I’m quite tall).

Sorry if this is out of line and genuinely no shade intended but how do people afford all these treatments? I wonder if I’m majorly going wrong with money somewhere sometimes.

I had a facial mole removed at a private clinic and I have Invisalign somewhere that does lots of other cosmetic treatments and I see women coming out looking fabulous having had various treatments but it costs loads. I earn decentish money but just couldn’t afford to be getting loads done and wouldn’t want to start getting it done as a one off and then not able to maintain it. At least with Invisalign I figured the costs are pretty finite. Once I’m done I only have to keep paying for the night retainers.
My husband pays 🤣
I don’t think I do too much, and some treatments I have are only every few months so I guess there is a chance to save up. I think when you look good you feel good so I don’t really think about the cost too much (within reason) and we all deserve to treat ourselves and feel good.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Home from hydrafacial and micro needling.
I enjoyed the hydrafacial, after a week at the gym and recent long haul flight my skin was pretty congested and dry in some areas. The physician who does my micro needling recommended it as a way to really clean and hydrate my skin to enhance the micro results.
Will see how my skin looks in the morning, currently I’m red and blotchy, like a strawberry.
The clinic I go to has really good offers, I only ever buy sessions in packages to keep the cost down 😊
What are the benefits of hydrafacials and micro needling?
I have really open pores and constantly pick them as they annoy me lol, anyone got any tips on clearing/ tightening pores?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.