Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I remove acrylic nails at home or is it best to go back to the salon and have them do it? I have only had them a week but I miss short nails.
I used to remove mine myself, I used to buy the acetone in Home Bargains, file the top of your nails to roughen them, put acetone on cotton wool and wrap your nails, put some foil on and check them after about 10 minutes

Reactions: 2
I used to remove mine myself, I used to buy the acetone in Home Bargains, file the top of your nails to roughen them, put acetone on cotton wool and wrap your nails, put some foil on and check them after about 10 minutes
Thank you for replying.

Reactions: 1
Any dupes for the Victoria beckham eye liners? They look lovely but I don’t want to spend £22 on one. They tend to melt down my face, too, so anything outside the Revlon waterproof eyeliner makes me suspicious.

Any dupes for the Victoria beckham eye liners? They look lovely but I don’t want to spend £22 on one. They tend to melt down my face, too, so anything outside the Revlon waterproof eyeliner makes me suspicious.
Not a dupe exactly but the Pixi Silky Eye Pencils are similar. Love the VB liners. Stocked up on Black Friday so I had enough in my basket to avoid the £5 shipping fee.

Reactions: 3
Some stuff is worth the spend tbh. VB make up is lush and the pencils should last quite a long time.

Can any pale ladies (or others) advise on berry lipstick? I love the berry lips on Wednesday and Morticia in the new series but I don’t want to look like I’m in costume, especially as I was often unfavourably compared to Wednesday in school haha. I’m palest-foundation-shade-before-they-expanded-the-colour-ranges with very dark brown hair so the risk of going full Wednesday is considerable.

Any product recommendations or general advice? I know they used the Mac liner in Nightmoth over lip balm to soften it on the show.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Can any pale ladies (or others) advise on berry lipstick? I love the berry lips on Wednesday and Morticia in the new series but I don’t want to look like I’m in costume, especially as I was often unfavourably compared to Wednesday in school haha. I’m palest-foundation-shade-before-they-expanded-the-colour-ranges with very dark brown hair so the risk of going full Wednesday is considerable.

Any product recommendations or general advice? I know they used the Mac liner in Nightmoth over lip balm to soften it on the show.
Clinique chubby stick grandest grape is lovely and moisturising! Or if you wanted something darker to blend out mac vino lip liner! I like mac syrup lipstick as I’m quite pale and it’s inbetween berry not too light not too dark 😂

No recommendations but I’ve seen a few videos of Wednesdays make up tutorials on TikTok and possibly YouTube.

I've come to sing the praises of Vitamin C sheet masks :ROFLMAO:

In an old thread, someone suggested taking sheet masks on business travel after I asked how to look somewhat presentable and I got a vitamin C mask on a whim. Was blown away by the result and now got some more. Definitely not a one-off result, my skin looks about ten times better today than it did yesterday evening, much more even skin tone and generally glowing and hydrated. It was a cheap own brand mask from the dm drugstore chain, one sachet is 95 cents and they are very wet and there's still serum left in the packet that I'll use tonight.
I don't use a vitamin c serum, maybe the effects are similar, but I'll definitely keep them on hand from now on. If I need to go anywhere and want to look nice, I'll just throw one on.

Reactions: 12

In an old thread, someone suggested taking sheet masks on business travel after I asked how to look somewhat presentable and I got a vitamin C mask on a whim. Was blown away by the result and now got some more. Definitely not a one-off result, my skin looks about ten times better today than it did yesterday evening, much more even skin tone and generally glowing and hydrated. It was a cheap own brand mask from the dm drugstore chain, one sachet is 95 cents and they are very wet and there's still serum left in the packet that I'll use tonight.
I don't use a vitamin c serum, maybe the effects are similar, but I'll definitely keep them on hand from now on. If I need to go anywhere and want to look nice, I'll just throw one on.
I like the sound of these bit wonder if they would irritate my somewhat sensitive skin

I like the sound of these bit wonder if they would irritate my somewhat sensitive skin
Hm, they might. My skin is fairly robust combination skin with a tendency for hormonal breakouts and most products don’t bother my skin at all. I don’t know the strength of the masks, it doesn’t say on the package but I know that for vitamin C serums they come in different strengths.

So I never believe nonsense like this on the internet. Especially tiktok, but I’m 37 and think I may be experiencing peri menopause. Itchy skin all over. Ears and scalp are dry. Hair condition has gone to tit. Or…. Maybe it’s just the time of year….
It won’t me share the tiktok video. 🤷🏼‍♀️

So I never believe nonsense like this on the internet. Especially tiktok, but I’m 37 and think I may be experiencing peri menopause. Itchy skin all over. Ears and scalp are dry. Hair condition has gone to tit. Or…. Maybe it’s just the time of year….

It won’t me share the tiktok video. 
Have a chat to your doctor about it - as you say, it could just be seasonal but no harm getting your hormones tested.
I keep meaning to do the same thing but am in the habit of putting it off and only seeing doctor if a body part is hanging off tbh!

Whenever my lip filler starts to dissolve my lips split. Anyone else have the same problem? Got a split right down my bottom lip which is quiet big, looks like I've been socked clean in my mouth.

Thanks for your update on the vitamin C mask. I picked one up last night and used it this morning. Holy moly my skin feels amazing.
I have sensitive skin but it’s not made it prickly at all, I’m just glowing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks for your update on the vitamin C mask. I picked one up last night and used it this morning. Holy moly my skin feels amazing.
I have sensitive skin but it’s not made it prickly at all, I’m just glowing.
Any brand?

My skin looks flat and wintery wan at the mo. Put a smidgeon of gradual tan on my face, now look orange. It works ok in summer, but not good in winter light!

Any brand?

My skin looks flat and wintery wan at the mo. Put a smidgeon of gradual tan on my face, now look orange. It works ok in summer, but not good in winter light!
Garnier skin active. I picked it up at sainsbury for around £2, if you’re in the uk.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.