Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn't bother from experience having a fella working away

1) they won't notice

2) they don't care

3) for the past 6 weeks he's probably been dipping it in brothels. Save yourself the aggro and buy a duck off Chinese and wine.
Umm luckily my other half is nothing like yours šŸ„² sorry you had a tit time but not all men who travel for work are dirt bags...

And he will definitely notice when I go from sleep deprived SAHM to sexy milf šŸ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Hello!

Does anyone have an eyelash curler recommendation? Mine broke today. Iā€™ve only ever spent a few quid on them but donā€™t mind spending a bit more. Thank youu!

Hello!

Does anyone have an eyelash curler recommendation? Mine broke today. Iā€™ve only ever spent a few quid on them but donā€™t mind spending a bit more. Thank youu!
They are all much the same regardless of price, so I wouldnā€™t spend any major money on one! The key is to warm it slightly with the hairdryer and then it will get an amazing curl

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
after two weeks away and hotel food and long hours all my husband wanted was fish and chips/shepherds pie/etc , a couple of cans of beer and the tv remote control.
He was much better the next day !!!

Reactions: 7
I'm currently testing out the Revolution vegan hair gummies (on top of my other multivitamins)
They taste foul šŸ˜­

Has anyone used the website Flannels?
Iā€™d avoid flannels! My parcel (lovely pair of shoes id been saving up for) never came. Apparently they were ā€œstolen in the postā€. The customer service was awful and never refunded the money or sent a replacement. I still think about it , pain šŸ˜¢

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Has anyone used a heated rotating hairbrush? Nothing as fancy as the Dyson hair wrap, something like Babyliss?

Reactions: 3
Iā€™d avoid flannels! My parcel (lovely pair of shoes id been saving up for) never came. Apparently they were ā€œstolen in the postā€. The customer service was awful and never refunded the money or sent a replacement. I still think about it , pain šŸ˜¢
I donā€™t know how long ago this happened to you but thereā€™s definitely recourse available when things like this happen. Did you try contacting your bank and getting a chargeback? (As you paid for something you never received). You definitely have a claim with Flannels themselves - your consumer rights were violated and they shouldnā€™t get away with it!

Reactions: 12
Hello!

I have a no brand pink and black eyelash curler from Amazon thatā€™s lasted years. I buy separate gel bits that I replace once a month - that makes a real difference to my lashes.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone used a heated rotating hairbrush? Nothing as fancy as the Dyson hair wrap, something like Babyliss?
Iā€™ve got a Babyliss big hair and I love it. Iā€™m useless with a hairdryer and brush but the big hair lets me look as though Iā€™ve been to the hairdresser and had a proper blow dry, with no frizz. You just start using it when your hair it almost dry - put on some heat protection and away you go. I have shorter hair so I went for the petite version.

• Heart
Has anyone had biab gels and can you recommend?

i used to be nail biter, and i stopped and my nails grew and they looked great. since babies though they have become very weak and as soon as they grow a little bit they chip or break. I feel like they are just very dry if that makes sense.

anyways i used to get gel pre kids but they would always peel within a few days no matter what i did so it was a waste of money.

long story short- is biab good/worth it for strengthening nails and for anyone who has peeling problems find the same with biab?

I'm going to order a limited edition Vivienne Westwood bag instead for updates.
Buying a bag in honour of me fave old bag

• Heart
Reactions: 9

i used to be nail biter, and i stopped and my nails grew and they looked great. since babies though they have become very weak and as soon as they grow a little bit they chip or break. I feel like they are just very dry if that makes sense.

anyways i used to get gel pre kids but they would always peel within a few days no matter what i did so it was a waste of money.

long story short- is biab good/worth it for strengthening nails and for anyone who has peeling problems find the same with biab?
For me biab was pointless because as with your nails, it only lasted about a week for me, just like normal gel. At 40 quid per pop in my area it just wouldn't be sustainable. I know a lot of people who swear by it though.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
For me biab was pointless because as with your nails, it only lasted about a week for me, just like normal gel. At 40 quid per pop in my area it just wouldn't be sustainable. I know a lot of people who swear by it though.
oh man thatā€™s disappointing to hear. Same price around here and thats why I donā€™t want to spend too much for it to peel offšŸ˜©

My nails used to be so weak and would snap daily. I started taking biotin and they have completely changed, I can grow them now if I want to!

oh man thatā€™s disappointing to hear. Same price around here and thats why I donā€™t want to spend too much for it to peel offšŸ˜©
Maybe give it a go once or something and see, you'll be able to tell after one time if it lasts for you or not. Still it is expensive for a week of nice nails šŸ˜…

Omg if your BIAB or gel only lasts a week you need to go back! I am a massive BIAB advocate šŸ˜‚ Iā€™ve had my current set on nearly 4 weeks and theyā€™re still perfect (albeit grown out). A week is shocking!

If your gel is peeling within a few days youā€™re going to a rubbish nail artist! I was the same, nails were so weak and breaking. My nail girl uses BIAB and gel on top and they last at least 4 weeks between appointments. Recently left them on for 7+ and they were absolutely fine (just overgrown)

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.