Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just thinking to buy one of IPL machines. Can you share wich model do you have and how long you are without hair after using it?
I don't really expect to get less hairy but would be nice to have a longer results then shaving....

When I am not too lazy I use Veet cream, but somehow I always end up with razor in shower 😅🫣
There's some recommendations for IPL devices and other tools in the Beyond Skincare threads (also chat about cosmetic treatments etc too):

I have one from CurrentBody, I think the brand is SmoothSkin? But I am bad at actually using it 😅

Reactions: 1
I really want to start using retinol, but I have veryyyyy sensitive skin. Can I mix it with my moisturiser first to ease into it?

Could anyone recommend a good primer and foundation that will last all day at work? I'm combination with a very oily T Zone at certain times of the month.

Also shops for nice work clothes?
I have very oily skin all over and I use the NYX Matt setting spray as a primer before foundation and it works a treat for me! I still like to have glowy skin (matte accentuates fine lines for me) so I use a tinted moisturiser but when I do use something heavier I use L’Oréal infallible breathable foundation. Stays put for 9+ hours in work.

I really want to start using retinol, but I have veryyyyy sensitive skin. Can I mix it with my moisturiser first to ease into it?
yes you can mix it into your moisturiser. I also have very sensitive skin and I’ve had no reaction to it at all and I’ve used a few different ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Depending on the budgets you have for retinol, Medik8 crystal retinal is really good. I loved unfortunately due to living costs I couldn’t continue 😩 but it was really mild on my skin

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yes! Lots of derms online recommend applying it after moisturiser to begin with. Maybe something like Dermatica or Skin & Me and their personalised subscriptions would be useful, cause they start you off gently and prescribed based on your skin concerns? I haven't used them but have seen other tattlers who like them.

• Heart
Thank you for the advice! I think I’m going to invest in the Medik8 one that @Pinkii recommended because they do strengths that you can work up towards and I’ve heard so much about it! 🤍

• Heart
Don't really have a budget in mind. I'm 29, size 8-10 and working in a corporate job, aerospace industry.
I would start with Reiss for key, tailored pieces and then have a look at baujken, Zara, mint velvet and the John Lewis brand and/or. Happy shopping. Let me know how you get on xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone tried the drowsy silk sleep masks? They’re expensive but they look soooo soft!

Wow thanks I’ll order one now, I’ve also been using cerave SA cleanser but haven’t seen much difference yet

Bit of a random one not sure if this is the right thread but has anyone ever done c section scar massage?
Yes. I watched YouTubes on it. Very easy to do, just have to be consistent and wait 6-7 weeks post surgery until stitches healed. I've full feeling all over my scar and no pouch or over hang

Yes. I watched YouTubes on it. Very easy to do, just have to be consistent and wait 6-7 weeks post surgery until stitches healed. I've full feeling all over my scar and no pouch or over hang
Wow that’s great to hear, how long did you do it for? I’m 13 weeks post now and only started it last week. I was still sore and uncomfortable and couldn’t bear to touch it till now. I’ve been doing it for 10 mins every day, I’ve been watching tiktoks but will look at YouTube

Has anyone got any good recommendations for black leggings?
not adanola I don’t like the new shiny material
Thank you!
Sorry, late reply to this as I'm very behind on this thread but I've recently bought a couple of pairs of control ponte leggings from asda - amazing! They're thicker than leggings so they're warmer and they aren't see through but they feel like they hold you in too. I'm only 5'2 so I can have them quite high and they have a thick waistband. I can't recommend them enough!

Reactions: 5
Sorry, late reply to this as I'm very behind on this thread but I've recently bought a couple of pairs of control ponte leggings from asda - amazing! They're thicker than leggings so they're warmer and they aren't see through but they feel like they hold you in too. I'm only 5'2 so I can have them quite high and they have a thick waistband. I can't recommend them enough!
Have you got a link for them? Thanks 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.