Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me again. I keep noticing my hair looks so flyaway and it makes it look like I haven’t done it even though I have. There’s always bits sticking up (see photos). Is there anything I should be doing to smooth this out? I don’t like lots of product near my scalp as it gets greasy, but I use conditioning shampoo and conditioner, and use a L’Oréal oil when I’m styling and some finishing cream.

Attachments

Me again. I keep noticing my hair looks so flyaway and it makes it look like I haven’t done it even though I have. There’s always bits sticking up (see photos). Is there anything I should be doing to smooth this out? I don’t like lots of product near my scalp as it gets greasy, but I use conditioning shampoo and conditioner, and use a L’Oréal oil when I’m styling and some finishing cream.
Hairspray is good for keeping the flyaways down.

Reactions: 1
Best thing I’ve found is a ‘matte pomade’, it doesn’t feel like you have anything in your hair if you use sparingly as directed. Ouai do one but you can use any matte wax like Fudge (men have more of these products). You only need the tiniest amount rubbed in to fingers and smooth over flyaways.

Thank you all! Tried out the hairspray this morning so will see how it goes. If I need something stronger I will take a look at the social life or the pomade, thanks so much!

Reactions: 4
Got a back handed compliment on Saturday. Warm day, headed to the coast. Sat on a bench with OH. A couple walked past in their mid 20s I would say. Male looked at me and said when I saw her she looked proper beautiful but she’s old. The female said I did too! Well basic man and woman, I am beautiful despite my age, so duck off to you.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Got a back handed compliment on Saturday. Warm day, headed to the coast. Sat on a bench with OH. A couple walked past in their mid 20s I would say. Male looked at me and said when I saw her she looked proper beautiful but she’s old. The female said I did too! Well basic man and woman, I am beautiful despite my age, so duck off to you.
You are proper beautiful!!

Reactions: 4
What a random thing for them to say in earshot of you!!! Perhaps they weren’t the full shilling.

Reactions: 5
Hey ladies, I use hand cream regularly but for some reason my nails still break when they get to a certain length. They are never long 😭 but I want to grow them out so they look good, which nail strengtheners do you recommend?

I had BIAB recently and she used OPI nail envy on them, but can’t get biab atm for work, so need something clear or lowkey! Thank you x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anyone have any recommendations for a brown colour depositing mask/treatment that won’t go red or green on balayaged hair?

which nail strengtheners do you recommend?
The mavala one is supposed to be very good.
But are you nails soft? If not, it may be a mistake to use a strenghteners as it may make your nails too hard (so prone to break). Do you do weekly oil bath?

• Heart
The mavala one is supposed to be very good.
But are you nails soft? If not, it may be a mistake to use a strenghteners as it may make your nails too hard (so prone to break). Do you do weekly oil bath?
Take zinc tablets. Really helps.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey ladies, I use hand cream regularly but for some reason my nails still break when they get to a certain length. They are never long 😭 but I want to grow them out so they look good, which nail strengtheners do you recommend?

I had BIAB recently and she used OPI nail envy on them, but can’t get biab atm for work, so need something clear or lowkey! Thank you x
Protein Formula, it used to be under a different name (Nailtiques) but the factory burnt down. This is the only thing I have ever been able to use and honestly I had talons. It has protein in it and you need to do it every day but after about 6 weeks mine were so strong. I haven't used the new brand as I still have a bottle of the old stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Ignorant little wankers. There's just no need to be insulting. Says a lot more about them, the fact that they would come out with such an ignorant comment. God help their children if they're brought dragged up just like that.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.