Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any suggestions for a brow glue that is really powerful 🤣 using HD blow glue atm, but fancy a change. Also got nyx brow glue on the go, but it’s not strong enough.
Refy brow sculpt. Has a brush in the lid which is handy. Bit of a learning curve not using too much, making sure to remove excess product but it keeps my brows looking laminated after the lamination wears off.

Wondering if anyone has heard of this stuff.
Is it any good or a con?
I always get suspicious of wonder products.🤔

Reactions: 3
Refy brow sculpt. Has a brush in the lid which is handy. Bit of a learning curve not using too much, making sure to remove excess product but it keeps my brows looking laminated after the lamination wears off.
I found Refy brow sculpt made my dark brows really white and flaky looking. I emailed them and they weren’t bothered at all.

Is it any good or a con?
I've been getting lots of ads for Champo and had wondered the same thing!

Reactions: 1
Is it any good or a con?
I am also suspicious of things like this but I can honestly say the kerastase anti fall serum has helped

Can anybody help me out here?! 😄 I recently purchased a whole load of new make up because I rarely wear any and have a wedding coming up.

I usually powder a little bit to set everything but I've gone and purchased the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray as reviews say it's great for making the make up last all day.

My question is, do I still powder and use the UD setting spray over it? And can I put some powder over it later on in the evening if I need to or will that look weird? Or do I just skip the powder and only use the UD setting spray?

Do you recommend the UD setting spray also?

Can anybody help me out here?! 😄 I recently purchased a whole load of new make up because I rarely wear any and have a wedding coming up.

I usually powder a little bit to set everything but I've gone and purchased the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray as reviews say it's great for making the make up last all day.

My question is, do I still powder and use the UD setting spray over it? And can I put some powder over it later on in the evening if I need to or will that look weird? Or do I just skip the powder and only use the UD setting spray?

The spray is amazing and I do exactly the steps you describe for special occasions when I want my make up to last all day/night. You can always layer more powder if you need to but I doubt you would.

• Heart
Could you tell me what an oil bath for your nails is please and how you do it?
Thank you ☺
Of course! It was something recommended by a manicurist on youtube and it's definitely helped my nail be healthier (now they are long-ish and don't break off) and it helps limit damages from nail polishes. From what I understand it acts as a conditioning treatment for your nails (just like hot hair treatment). Every week I take off my nail polish and do my manicure (without reapplying nail polish) then I put some oil in a little bowl (usually sunflower oil, but jojoba or avocado oils are good too). In another bigger bowl I put some boiling water and put the little bowl of oil in it. I put my hand in it for 5-10mn, dab the excess oil with a tissue and then do the other hand. I guess you could heat the bowl of oil in the microwave but I've never tried, so can't vauch for that. I usually wait the next day to reapply nail polish. It makes the white of my nails very white too! (sorry for the essay but wanted to be clear 😅)

Cam anyone recommend a good foot cream? I used one of those foot peeling sock things and had baby soft skin after the initial peel but my feet has gotten ten times drier than they were before ☹
Look for a cream with urea (around 10% is good), it nourish and exfoliate at the same time (though it makes the texture a bit tacky, so wouldn't use them in the morning). Eucerin has a good one and Kerasal is another popular one (though harder to find, depending where you live and it's more vaseline-like)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this thread.

I had an important work appearance today and to be honest I've really let myself go over the last decade of parenting and working full time etc and I am the typical work from home dress like Adam Sandler mum, wears minimal make up and bungs hair into a ponytail. (I do get regular cuts and highlights though, I am vain)

Now it did cost me a fortune but I was really mindful of my appearance because I've been posting on this thread and just taking more of an interest in how I look. I had a professional blow dry, spent ages picking an outfit that I was a) comfortable in and b) professional looking in.

I had ordered haus labs make up which didn't arrive in time so last night I bought stila foundation and lip plumper.

Honestly when I was ready to go I felt like a million dollars. It was a huge boost to my confidence and made me feel so happy.

Thank you all xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Bought this a year or so ago, never used it. Used it recently and it is amazing at getting my hard to straighten hair smooth and like I have just had a blow dry. However, it is now discontinued, typical. Hence the stupid price of it on eBay. Are there any others that do the same thing?

Still powder at least under your eyes and a little through the t zone if you get oily there. I tend to sandwich the setting spray for best results. So either do your base or your eyes and then use the setting spray, then finish your makeup and do another layer of setting spray. Will keep it in place all night.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Any tips on scars/ingrown hair due to electric epilator? Bought one last year for 20 euros and it's great except for the little scars/red marks on my bikini line :confused:

Any recommendations for lips?? So dry at the moment!! Vaseline is not cutting it
I’ve been using Nuxe honey lip balm for about 24 years. Only use it once at night and one pot lasts about a year. It’s very nourishing unlike Vaseline which is just a barrier
---
I bought these green Italy mitts. The only thing is they shrink when wet and they keep sliding off my hands. Obviously designed for tiny Korean hands!

Wanting to replace my cheap rubbish earrings with some nice sterling silver ones. I only really wear studs but wouldn't mind small hoops. Can anyone recommend any brands?

Wanting to replace my cheap rubbish earrings with some nice sterling silver ones. I only really wear studs but wouldn't mind small hoops. Can anyone recommend any brands?
My Monica vinader ones have been great, I have little gold hoops that haven’t tarnished at all and I wear them all the time. I also recently purchased some Kate spade ones and I adore them too!

Reactions: 4
Over the last few years I have bought all my earrings from Carat London. I think it’s really good quality and looks more expensive than what they are. I recently bought some baby hoops which i can even sleep in (which I’ve never been able to do)

Reactions: 6
I just bought a necklace from BriellaJewellery on Etsy. V pleased with it and really tempted by the earrings.

I bought astrid and miyu huggies about 18months ago,haven’t taken them out and wear them showering etc and they still look brand new. Would recommend. I got them in gold but going to get in silver too as I’ve been so impressed

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I bought astrid and miyu huggies about 18months ago,haven’t taken them out and wear them showering etc and they still look brand new. Would recommend. I got them in gold but going to get in silver too as I’ve been so impressed
2nd this! I’ve had mine in for years!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.