Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My hair just looks so stringy. Top all that off my hair is shedding and falling out as well, doctors have ruled out everything so god knows what's happening.
I was losing my hair a few years back the drs did blood tests and said I was fine. I went to see a tricologist (had to pay privately as they don't have them on the NHS) and when she looked at my blood results she said my iron was low.
When we have blood tests the "normal" range for iron is between 15 and 300 which is a huge difference. My level was 30, which was a menstruating woman is low really. So she recommended I take 2 14mg iron tablets a day and it made such a huge difference, its taken 2 years but all my hair has grown back and is stronger, less breakage and looks so much healthier. Might be worth asking for a copy of your blood tests and doing some googling or seeing if you can see a tricologist. My appointment was £75 which is a lot of money but she used a camera on my scalp and did some other tests and now my hairs back its well worth it. Good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Champo hair growth serum is good, as is the ordinary hair density serum. Have you tried a specific hair multivitamin as well? I keep seeing JS health vitamins all over instagram but not sure if it’s any good. I’m trying to deal with postpartum hair loss atm so trying to eat tons of protein. It might be worth going back to the hairdresser (or a different one) and just getting them to trim to the length of the shortest layer, ai have fine hair and i always find that makes my hair look thicker
I only have one long layer. The bottom layer is longer than the top so it looks like rats tails.

Yes I've been taking multivitamins and biotin but I see absolutely zero difference in the 2 months since I got it butchered cut

Yes I've been taking multivitamins and biotin but I see absolutely zero difference in the 2 months since I got it butchered cut
You may not see a difference for 3-4 months as it takes at least 6 weeks to get into your system and then it'll take a while to see the growth

Reactions: 1
I was losing my hair a few years back the drs did blood tests and said I was fine. I went to see a tricologist (had to pay privately as they don't have them on the NHS) and when she looked at my blood results she said my iron was low.
When we have blood tests the "normal" range for iron is between 15 and 300 which is a huge difference. My level was 30, which was a menstruating woman is low really. So she recommended I take 2 14mg iron tablets a day and it made such a huge difference, its taken 2 years but all my hair has grown back and is stronger, less breakage and looks so much healthier. Might be worth asking for a copy of your blood tests and doing some googling or seeing if you can see a tricologist. My appointment was £75 which is a lot of money but she used a camera on my scalp and did some other tests and now my hairs back its well worth it. Good luck!
Yes it could definitely be an iron or B12 deficiency.

Have you tried kelp? I think that's meant to be good for hairgrowth.

Reactions: 3

Oh! That's jogged a memory! A male relative I'm sure recommended B12 to a female visitor who had hair loss, and she was over the moon when her hair grew back, as she'd tried everything.
He's gone incommunicado so I'll try to remember to ask him which B12 it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Some people can't absorb B12 they ingest - this has happened to my best friend - and so they will require B12 injections.

Does anyone know how to get hair feeling thicker and increase density?

I stupidly let the hairdresser cut a layer into hair and it's utterly ruined my hair. I was never blessed with good hair in the first place. I've always had very flat thin hair that's also frizzy and has a ton of flyaways. Can't use any product in my hair it just weighs it down and becomes lank. Tried treating it wavy but it just always looks like noodles because there's absolutely no density.

My hair just looks so stringy. Top all that off my hair is shedding and falling out as well, doctors have ruled out everything so god knows what's happening. I don't have any bald spots it's just that I have about 10 strands for my whole head. I can't wear it down because it's so stringy and my ponytail is just sad looking.

It's just snapping off and I can't even say it's due to heat use as I haven't even used my straighteners in months.

I've tried rosemary oil but that just seems to cause breakouts within my scalp and hairline. I'm not really fancying starting a minoxidil habit as that's costly to keep up.

Am I going to have to cut it short and start afresh?
I noticed my hair was starting to thin around my forehead during menopause. I take Viviscal every day and use Plantur shampoo and scalp serum and it's really helped. It does take a few months to really notice a difference but I've been doing this for two years now and it's definitely improved a lot.

My iron and b12 as well as thyroid and ferritin got checked and all were fine.
---
I noticed my hair was starting to thin around my forehead during menopause. I take Viviscal every day and use Plantur shampoo and scalp serum and it's really helped. It does take a few months to really notice a difference but I've been doing this for two years now and it's definitely improved a lot.
It's both lengths and forehead

This is my hair now
1000008412.jpg

This is how sparse my hairline is at the top

1000008409.jpg

1000008400.jpg

This is my hair before

Last edited:
  • Heart
My iron and b12 as well as thyroid and ferritin got checked and all were fine.
---

It's both lengths and forehead

This is my hair now
View attachment 2916345

This is how sparse my hairline is at the top

View attachment 2916350

View attachment 2916352

This is my hair before
I get hair loss when my cortisol levels are high. Although I do have PCOS and hypothyroidism, the hair loss seems to happen when my cortisol levels have been high for at least a few days in a row. I’ve never had an official test for cortisol (if there even is one, but trial and error and chats with GPs/nurses led me to the self diagnosis conclusion!

The main things I do are make sure I have a healthy breakfast (Greek yoghurt with fresh fruit and nuts) and no caffeine on an empty stomach. When I first started doing this it did take a little while to notice a difference while my body got used to it, but what a huge improvement it made to my hair amongst other things. I used to be a ‘no breakfast and live off coffee until 12pm’ kind of person😅

Reactions: 6
I've been to 3 aldis today and can't find the colour wow dupe 😒 really want to try it!

I get hair loss when my cortisol levels are high. Although I do have PCOS and hypothyroidism, the hair loss seems to happen when my cortisol levels have been high for at least a few days in a row. I’ve never had an official test for cortisol (if there even is one, but trial and error and chats with GPs/nurses led me to the self diagnosis conclusion!

The main things I do are make sure I have a healthy breakfast (Greek yoghurt with fresh fruit and nuts) and no caffeine on an empty stomach. When I first started doing this it did take a little while to notice a difference while my body got used to it, but what a huge improvement it made to my hair amongst other things. I used to be a ‘no breakfast and live off coffee until 12pm’ kind of person😅
This is really interesting! At the most stressed out I’ve probably ever been last year, my hair really started to fall out at an alarming rate. I will definitely try adopting this!

• Heart
They should have some kind of system as to the number of people who want a special buy and then they'll know how many to do in the manufacturing run. Otherwise it can get nasty in the shop.
A few stores I've been to don't keep stuff on the shop floor. You have to ask for it, but there are no signs saying this. 🤷

They should have some kind of system as to the number of people who want a special buy and then they'll know how many to do in the manufacturing run. Otherwise it can get nasty in the shop.
A few stores I've been to don't keep stuff on the shop floor. You have to ask for it, but there are no signs saying this. 🤷
I walked round the middle aisles twice this morning looking for the beauty special buys. Ended up having to ask staff where they were and were by the tills, first time my stores done that

This is really interesting! At the most stressed out I’ve probably ever been last year, my hair really started to fall out at an alarming rate. I will definitely try adopting this!
One of the other benefits I noticed was that my sugar cravings pretty much vanished. I stopped gorging on biscuits, chocolate and fizzy drinks which also made a huge difference to my skin and hair and how I generally felt day to day. I lost a bit of weight too but that was never the goal. It’s such a simple change but it’s been so beneficial for me. Would love to hear how you get on with it💕

• Wow
One of the other benefits I noticed was that my sugar cravings pretty much vanished. I stopped gorging on biscuits, chocolate and fizzy drinks which also made a huge difference to my skin and hair and how I generally felt day to day. I lost a bit of weight too but that was never the goal. It’s such a simple change but it’s been so beneficial for me. Would love to hear how you get on with it💕
My skin is a DISASTER since I had my coil removed a year ago which apparently brought my PCOS up to the fore where it had been hiding away all this time 🤣. I swear it’s worse now than when I was a wee spotty teenager!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.