Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any recommendations for a hair curler? I’ve recently had my hair cut short and struggling to style it. I’ve got an airwrap but the curls drop after about 5 minutes and I can’t get a loose wave with them. I’ve tried my straighteners but I can only make one half look decent and then my hair smells burnt for the rest of the day 😩

I splurged in the Charlotte tilbury magic water cream last month and I find it keeps pulling on my face 😭
Iv eliminated my other products (I think) and 90% sure it’s the CT cream. Is it a lost hope for me or is there anyway for this not to happen?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Any recommendations for a hair curler? I’ve recently had my hair cut short and struggling to style it. I’ve got an airwrap but the curls drop after about 5 minutes and I can’t get a loose wave with them. I’ve tried my straighteners but I can only make one half look decent and then my hair smells burnt for the rest of the day 😩
How short? Can it be wrapped around a wand a couple of times? I use Babyliss Big Wave Wand which is a sort of flat wide wand. My hair needs to be touching my shoulders to really use it though.

I splurged in the Charlotte tilbury magic water cream last month and I find it keeps pulling on my face 😭
Iv eliminated my other products (I think) and 90% sure it’s the CT cream. Is it a lost hope for me or is there anyway for this not to happen?
Could you try it on damp skin maybe? I’m using the LRP facial mist in between products and I find things set in really well with it.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone taken pregnancy vitamins when they’re not pregnant? Found some and don’t want to throw them away. They can’t do me any harm surely?

I really like this one from L'Oreal.

I had one from Toni & Guy, but I really didn't like the smell, and found it a bit sticky.

Probably a bit late to the party on this one, but this is my die hard favourite. And getting it from this website as delivery is free over £10

Hey slightly off topic but any men / people with male partners - where are you shopping these days? My partner has asked for help with some new bits and we’re going shopping this weekend but I’m equally clueless with men’s shops as with women’s. We both prefer quality s don’t mind spending a bit more on good cuts & fabrics. Need I think jeans, summer shirts & jacket. Thanks!

Reactions: 3
How short? Can it be wrapped around a wand a couple of times? I use Babyliss Big Wave Wand which is a sort of flat wide wand. My hair needs to be touching my shoulders to really use it though.
It’s about shoulder length. Thank you! I’ll have a look at that

I'm 27 and have used gradual tanner for the first time ever, I'm a pale-ish redhead so I've always been terrified of it not suiting me but it's actually barely taking so far and it smells like piss to me hahaha. It's definitely making me look less grey but still not brown.

I also got my bellybutton pierced, quarter life crisis I think...!

Reactions: 4
Hey slightly off topic but any men / people with male partners - where are you shopping these days? My partner has asked for help with some new bits and we’re going shopping this weekend but I’m equally clueless with men’s shops as with women’s. We both prefer quality s don’t mind spending a bit more on good cuts & fabrics. Need I think jeans, summer shirts & jacket. Thanks!
Flannels, Tessuti or independent designer menswear shops for my husband. Mainline Menswear are good.

I use Lansinoh nipple balm as lip balm - it’s so good!!! There is also a good lanolin lip balm but it’s like a tenner for a small tube so I think the nipple cream is better value for money
Also swear by using the nipple balm as lip balm its a gamechanger

I agree with Flannels like someone else has said, lots of different options! My partner gets a fair few more casual bits from the ARNE website, really nice quality and true to size from what we've saw (he's 6ft 4 nothing is wildly short on him)
He got few really nice short/shirt co-ords from there last summer that washed really well

Has anyone taken pregnancy vitamins when they’re not pregnant? Found some and don’t want to throw them away. They can’t do me any harm surely?
Not pregnancy ones, but I do take a 50 years+ multivitamin at the tender age of 32 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone know how to get hair feeling thicker and increase density?

I stupidly let the hairdresser cut a layer into hair and it's utterly ruined my hair. I was never blessed with good hair in the first place. I've always had very flat thin hair that's also frizzy and has a ton of flyaways. Can't use any product in my hair it just weighs it down and becomes lank. Tried treating it wavy but it just always looks like noodles because there's absolutely no density.

My hair just looks so stringy. Top all that off my hair is shedding and falling out as well, doctors have ruled out everything so god knows what's happening. I don't have any bald spots it's just that I have about 10 strands for my whole head. I can't wear it down because it's so stringy and my ponytail is just sad looking.

It's just snapping off and I can't even say it's due to heat use as I haven't even used my straighteners in months.

I've tried rosemary oil but that just seems to cause breakouts within my scalp and hairline. I'm not really fancying starting a minoxidil habit as that's costly to keep up.

Am I going to have to cut it short and start afresh?

Last edited:
Champo hair growth serum is good, as is the ordinary hair density serum. Have you tried a specific hair multivitamin as well? I keep seeing JS health vitamins all over instagram but not sure if it’s any good. I’m trying to deal with postpartum hair loss atm so trying to eat tons of protein. It might be worth going back to the hairdresser (or a different one) and just getting them to trim to the length of the shortest layer, ai have fine hair and i always find that makes my hair look thicker

Does anyone know how to get hair feeling thicker and increase density?

I stupidly let the hairdresser cut a layer into hair and it's utterly ruined my hair. I was never blessed with good hair in the first place. I've always had very flat thin hair that's also frizzy and has a ton of flyaways. Can't use any product in my hair it just weighs it down and becomes lank. Tried treating it wavy but it just always looks like noodles because there's absolutely no density.

My hair just looks so stringy. Top all that off my hair is shedding and falling out as well, doctors have ruled out everything so god knows what's happening. I don't have any bald spots it's just that I have about 10 strands for my whole head. I can't wear it down because it's so stringy and my ponytail is just sad looking.

It's just snapping off and I can't even say it's due to heat use as I haven't even used my straighteners in months.

I've tried rosemary oil but that just seems to cause breakouts within my scalp and hairline. I'm not really fancying starting a minoxidil habit as that's costly to keep up.

Am I going to have to cut it short and start afresh?

Laneige lip sleeping mask. I just put it on before bed or sometimes at home when I’m just pottering about.
Also if anyone is interested on Amazon you can get dupes of this by carenel and w7 which are cheaper and cruelty free. I’ve tried both and would highly recommend either of them! 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.