Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm too embarrassed to go for a proper fitting as mine are different sizes. I think one's a C cup and one's a B cup. When I had my son my milk came in really dramatically on one side and not so much the other. I've been wonky ever since 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣
The Ladies at Bravissimo or Rigby and Peller won't judge you one iota!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had it unsuccessfully on my arm pits, it is better but it certainly didn't go and I had 10 sessions. I have been told (not sure how true it is) that if the growth is hormonal laser won't help. I also have PCOS.
My aesthetician said the same thing - and that for some people, laser can actually make it worse, even though that risk is never called out. She and some colleagues estimate that in 5-10% the laser doesn't destroy, but "activates" the roots and that more hair is grown or that it at least becomes much darker. The only thing that would help in such a case and which is why she was saying it is electrolysis. I've had it done on my chin and upper lip - it hurts, but it's the only way to ensure it'll never come back. You can numb the area in question though with a cream.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I use the Braun IPL thing and it's worked well for me for an at home solution, my leg hair and armpit hair is definitely less. Although I had to stop as I got pregnant so cant say how well it works in the long run!
I also used it under my chin as I have a thyroid issue which caused excessive hair growth there and it's lessened that a lot for me too.

Reactions: 1
My aesthetician said the same thing - and that for some people, laser can actually make it worse, even though that risk is never called out. She and some colleagues estimate that in 5-10% the laser doesn't destroy, but "activates" the roots and that more hair is grown or that it at least becomes much darker. The only thing that would help in such a case and which is why she was saying it is electrolysis. I've had it done on my chin and upper lip - it hurts, but it's the only way to ensure it'll never come back. You can numb the area in question though with a cream.
Mine has certainly lessened and is lighter, so I only shave one a week or so now but it is certainly there and if I had known I wouldn't have bothered.

Yes I looked into electrolysis as it seems the most effective but its very expensive for larger areas so shaving it is!

Reactions: 2
Can people please share their opinions and experiences on laser hair removal? Would you recommend it, how many sessions etc? I'm pale but get quite dark body hair. My face and neck are just awful because I have PCOS and they will be the first areas that I need sorted! Second will be my legs. Therapie clinics seem to have good reviews too.
I bought the Phillips Lumea about 10 years ago as I figured it'd be cheaper than multiple salon visits. Definitely reduced my bikini line and underarm hair. Legs too. I used it on facial hair but didn't see much of a difference there. I'd say it was worth the money for the results I had as I used to shave my underarms daily. I'm very fair skinned with dark hair, if that helps.

I bought the Phillips Lumea about 10 years ago as I figured it'd be cheaper than multiple salon visits. Definitely reduced my bikini line and underarm hair. Legs too. I used it on facial hair but didn't see much of a difference there. I'd say it was worth the money for the results I had as I used to shave my underarms daily. I'm very fair skinned with dark hair, if that helps.
same here, at home IPL works well on my legs, slightly less well in the bikini area and didn’t work for facial hair, hence I went for electrolysis there. For small areas it is okay, but e.g. legs would be very expensive.

Reactions: 2
Can people please share their opinions and experiences on laser hair removal? Would you recommend it, how many sessions etc? I'm pale but get quite dark body hair. My face and neck are just awful because I have PCOS and they will be the first areas that I need sorted! Second will be my legs. Therapie clinics seem to have good reviews too.
I had it at the laser clinic (newcastle upon Tyne) not sure if they’re everywhere though? Anyway I started with under my arms to see how well my
Skin reacted. I had 7 sessions in total. I actually really rated the results, by the 7th session I was only just starting to grow back, however I really struggled with the high maintenance of it. I found it so pointless going all the way into town for a 5 minute appointment (would have been less of a chore if I’d worked near the clinic) I also really struggle to lay off the fake tan and sometimes 3 after application they’d tell me they could still see if and I’d be refused treatment. So while I did really rate the results, I found it such a hassle.
also side note, I’m very pale but dark haired.

I am currently undergoing LH removal - I have noticed a huge difference and have only had one session (booked for 8) - she did say the first session is when you will see significant reduction! It’s really made a difference for me… I had hair growing on my chin and underchin/neck area! Bar a small patch which has always been troublesome, hair is rarely growing in the other areas and I still have 7 sessions to go! I am having mine done every 4 weeks - but she said once the growth has slowed down we will stretch it out to 6 weeks! I advise you go and have a consultation ☺

I really rate the Philips lumea - I have thick dark body hair and only shave my underarms every few months now

Reactions: 3
I've only had one session so far but already seeing such a reduction so hoping the overall results are decent. I think mine uses soprano ice which I found mostly painless too!

But I'll echo what some other posters said, the place I go to tell you that it might not work when there are hormonal factors and could even make it worse. Same for areas without much hair growth which they avoid. Sessions vary so some people get the results they want in 6 or so while others may need a few more, and then you'll need to maintain too. You sound like you have the best combination of skin/ hair tone for it so could be worth giving it a shot for legs and getting some advice from them on other areas when you're there :)

Does anyone have any recommendations/experience with tinted moisturisers? I often have makeup-free days but I have an uneven skin tone which would be nice to cover up a bit on these days

Does anyone have any recommendations/experience with tinted moisturisers? I often have makeup-free days but I have an uneven skin tone which would be nice to cover up a bit on these days
Someone somewhere recommended the Chantecaille and it’s fab 🙏🏼

• Heart
It depends on the level of coverage you want. I have one by Boots No7 which I love, it's the shield and defend city light tinted moisturiser, it's a little more foundation than moisturiser but without feeling like you've got a face full of makeup.

• Heart
I use two, the Rimmel kind and free which is a little more coverage than a tinted moisturiser and the elf halo glow which has no coverage just seems to airbrush my skin.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.