Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend a mask or something that would be good for a dry scalp?
My hair is bleached and I use silver shampoo so I think this is the reason for the dryness.
I get a base colour too so I believe I can’t use a head & shoulders type thing as it strips the colour.

It’s been recommended that I change to Maria Nila shampoo & conditioner so I’ve ordered that but think I really need something to help my scalp too.
Any advice would be much appreciated. TIA
Weleda Rosemary tonic is also a good add-on for dry scalps (and is inexpensive).

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Can anyone recommend a mask or something that would be good for a dry scalp?
My hair is bleached and I use silver shampoo so I think this is the reason for the dryness.
I get a base colour too so I believe I can’t use a head & shoulders type thing as it strips the colour.

It’s been recommended that I change to Maria Nila shampoo & conditioner so I’ve ordered that but think I really need something to help my scalp too.
Any advice would be much appreciated. TIA
My scalp has been a bit dry and irritated recently and I found a bunch of Ameliorate stuff in TK Maxx, there is a scalp mask, an overnight treatment and a ‘spray in your roots after washing’ treatment. Have used the mask once and the spray a couple of times and it’s definitely helped. They were a fiver each in TK Maxx so might be worth a look!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
You’ve convinced me. I’m getting it! 🥰 I’ve got to try the elf clout pout now! How’s the fluid sheer? Worth it?

Missed you guys 🥹 omg yes I love this question 😂

• Aveeno oat gel moisturiser - is okay…apparently it’s a dupe of the Tatcha water cream, I haven’t tried it, but this is an alright moisturiser. It’s almost gel like, sinks into the skin beautifully, but I just prefer a thicker moisturiser (like Nivea lol). Okay for the price, not much in the pot

• Sol de janeiro delicia drench body butter - smells heavenly, I much prefer the thicker texture of this one, compared to their other creams

• Haus labs hybrid lip glaze - I got the shade guava and it is stunningggggg. Literally I’ve had 4 compliments whilst wearing this. It’s so comfortable, it doesn’t feel thin or watery, but feels very soft and comfortable. Purchasing in multiple shades asap

• Kayali oudgasm rose oud perfume - this is really nice, it’s a good blend of rose and oud, but a bit heavier on the oud. Good projection and lasting power

• Clinique take the day off cleansing balm - guys I was an Elemis girl through and through, until I tried this. Don’t get me wrong, the Elemis is still amazing and the smell is gorgeous, but the Clinique is sliiiiightly better because I prefer the texture and it doesn’t irritate my contact lenses. I’ll be purchasing this one from now on. It doesn’t smell like anything

That’s all for now 🌚 I’m sure I’ll make a Sephora order tonight and have more unsolicited reviews coming soon 😛
The fluid sheer is good! I’ve used it twice and the first time met a work mate I’ve not seen for a while and after she text me saying I looked amazing ! 😆

Loving your recommendations- I haven’t tried the Elemis cleansing balm yet - I’m a Liz Earle devotee as my skin is so good with it and I’m terrified of a breakout if I use a different product 😂
But I really want to try it.

• Heart
I need to get my boobs measured. Where is best for this? Currently living in crop top like and missing the lift as the babies start heading south! 😂

Anyone know what the dupes are in the up -coming Aldi beauty event are? Know the basics- color wow, Paula's choice but can't figure out rest?

Reactions: 1
As we are interested in facial improvements I thought I'd post this, where she went for the first part of her lip blush treatment.

She also had injections (Botox?) for jaw clenching which made one side of her face bulge.

It's interesting to see what people have done and the treatment.
I would be interested to see those treatments that look like you have mascara on and your eyebrows done, when you go no makeup. If anyone has one.

• Sick
Maria Nils is a great choice, which one did you get? The Head and Hair Heal mask is a bit spenny, but exactly what you’re looking for! It’s for dry scalps and doesn’t interfere with hair color.
The green structure repair series is also great, I’ve recommended it here a couple of time. Especially the mask, I like using a tiny tiny amount as a leave in.
Thank you very much. I’ll have a look at those.
I went for these. They came today so will give them a try in the morning.
IMG_9802.png

---
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I’ll look into them all.

I’ve recently had keratin treatment at a salon and am unsure how to look after my hair. I desperately need highlights but apparently I need to wait.

I've recently switched to Purology Sheer Hydrate shampoo and can go so much longer between washes. Also noticed a difference to condition when using olaplex weekly although find it a bit of a pain. Blow Out Professor on YouTube gives really good advice and I swear by the Purology Colour Fanatic spray.

Has any one tried Huda Beauty powder or full coverage foundation and/or Tarte Shape Tape concealer. Interested but want to know if they are worth the hype!

I've recently switched to Purology Sheer Hydrate shampoo and can go so much longer between washes. Also noticed a difference to condition when using olaplex weekly although find it a bit of a pain. Blow Out Professor on YouTube gives really good advice and I swear by the Purology Colour Fanatic spray.

Has any one tried Huda Beauty powder or full coverage foundation and/or Tarte Shape Tape concealer. Interested but want to know if they are worth the hype!
The Huda powder is fine , that all I’ve got on that one and I love tarte shape tape ( and their cloud paint too ) I get my sets from QVC ( pay in 3/4/5 ) and they have a 90 days return policy too- if you don’t like the product you can send it back - literally unheard of over here, there’s usually a discount if you’re a first time shopper too !

• Heart
Hi all ice recently had my hair cut and highlighted. I have very thick hair and the hair dresser has thinned it out and cut layers in which I don't like. I feel like my hair looks so fuzzy now it's been thinned out. Are there any products I can use to help this? Also anything worth buying to improve the over condition

Hi all ice recently had my hair cut and highlighted. I have very thick hair and the hair dresser has thinned it out and cut layers in which I don't like. I feel like my hair looks so fuzzy now it's been thinned out. Are there any products I can use to help this? Also anything worth buying to improve the over condition
Can’t believe I’ve only just discovered this thread! Loads of fantastic advice.

I have very thick hair with highlights and layers and I use Eden Bodyworks hair mask once a week. Gloop it on wet hair, wrap a towel around it and leave for 30 mins. It’s really good. I think it’s on special on Amazon at the moment too.

Any tips to treat KP? I have it on the backs of my arms and bum and I hate it! I’ve tried using the Mario Bedesco AHA scrub, and Frank Body Clearing was but they haven’t made any difference.

Maybe my routine is wrong? I’m exfoliating 2-3 times per week, applying one of those products, and then sometimes applying a glycolic toner (if I remember) to help the pigmentation. But it hasn’t improved at all.

I know it can’t be cured, but is there anything that can help? Thanks x

As a 32 year old who’s been tanning since a very very young age (dance life) I’d say I’ve pretty much tried them all. But now with working full time, my house being freezing & battling an autoimmune disease, I simply can not be arsed to tan. I hate the feel of my bedding if I sleep in it, I hate feeling sticky, restricted for hours, the smell of the majority of them & alongside a serious relationship. I don’t want to sleep in the bed with him when I’m covered in tan (ridiculous I know) so I’m looking for some good less high maintenance alternatives. Smell is a big big big factor as my nose is so sensitive. Any recommendations for gradual tanners, wash on wash off tans, express tans, just basically anything you tried and loved 🙏🏻

Any tips to treat KP? I have it on the backs of my arms and bum and I hate it! I’ve tried using the Mario Bedesco AHA scrub, and Frank Body Clearing was but they haven’t made any difference.

Maybe my routine is wrong? I’m exfoliating 2-3 times per week, applying one of those products, and then sometimes applying a glycolic toner (if I remember) to help the pigmentation. But it hasn’t improved at all.

I know it can’t be cured, but is there anything that can help? Thanks x
BHA is meant to be good for it, I would get a leave-on one rather than a wash.

I really like Tan Luxe gradual tan and also the tan luxe drops. I often put the gradual on in the morning and just go about my day, it can smell a bit biscuity later but I don’t think it’s too strong. The drops are especially good for the face, I just mix them in with my moisturiser every other day.
As a 32 year old who’s been tanning since a very very young age (dance life) I’d say I’ve pretty much tried them all. But now with working full time, my house being freezing & battling an autoimmune disease, I simply can not be arsed to tan. I hate the feel of my bedding if I sleep in it, I hate feeling sticky, restricted for hours, the smell of the majority of them & alongside a serious relationship. I don’t want to sleep in the bed with him when I’m covered in tan (ridiculous I know) so I’m looking for some good less high maintenance alternatives. Smell is a big big big factor as my nose is so sensitive. Any recommendations for gradual tanners, wash on wash off tans, express tans, just basically anything you tried and loved 🙏🏻

I really like the “bare by vogue” temporary tan, it’s not called that LOL- in the purple tube. It’s great for a bit of colour and then it washes off

• Haha
Reactions: 3