Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend a medium cover foundation for every day wear thats not too expensive. I currently use an ELF cc cream but don't like the way it blends feel like it's so cakes to blend out
Sculpted Skin Tint, the concealer is good too!

Reactions: 1
Hi girls 🩷 I’m thinking about getting hair extensions and wondered if anyone can advise which brands are best please? I’ve had them once before and used beauty works and they got really matted all the time, I’d wash them and they’d grow outwards towards the day. Felt like Monica from Friends in Barbados. Followed all the aftercare but it was a big knotty mess!!!

Iv got long black hair but it’s fine so wanting it for volume and so it holds a curl when I’m out really.

the salons local to me seem to use hair kings or remy cachet but really open to any suggestion’s.

thanks so much xx
---

My skin was awful after skin + me. I had a facial with micro needling and the dermatologist said my skin was completely stripped and tough when she was needling. She was shocked at how strong the retinol was that they gave me and said stronger isn’t always better.

weleda skin food is way too rich for me too! Bought it on recommendation from Ashley Stobart and the Bobby brown primer and both make me have the worst acne.

im using the Kate Somerville exfolikate range at the mo which is nice and her glow moisturiser. I tried her Demal quench with retinol and my jaw line is covered in big hard white spots so avoid that one if your prone 🩷
I’m a hair extensions girlie - I’ve currently got clip hair extensions, I’ve got a weft and then singles around my face , where I’d tie my hair up and so far so good ! I usually use hair planet but they didn’t have my color - as long as it’s remy hair you will be fine , I do make sure I go the extra mile with my hair though. Silk pillow cases and I sleep in a silk bonnet , always pop my hair in a braid when I’m not doing anything with it , a little olaplex oil in the ends a few times a week and just trying to really look after my hair !

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m a hair extensions girlie - I’ve currently got clip hair extensions, I’ve got a weft and then singles around my face , where I’d tie my hair up and so far so good ! I usually use hair planet but they didn’t have my color - as long as it’s remy hair you will be fine , I do make sure I go the extra mile with my hair though. Silk pillow cases and I sleep in a silk bonnet , always pop my hair in a braid when I’m not doing anything with it , a little olaplex oil in the ends a few times a week and just trying to really look after my hair !
thank you, that’s really helpful 🩷 never heard off hair planet so off to stalk them now

Any tips for dry eyes? Just back from a city break and (I’m being dramatic) felt like the trip was ruined because every time I walked outside, my eyes streamed and my hair frizzed (even when pulled tightly back, had that lovely halo). But back to the eyes. Puts me off wearing make up. Obviously waterproof mascara is great (although taking it off irritates my eyes too) but the foundation etc gets ruined too. So fed up! Ugh, so frustrated, can you tell 🤣

Any tips for dry eyes? Just back from a city break and (I’m being dramatic) felt like the trip was ruined because every time I walked outside, my eyes streamed and my hair frizzed (even when pulled tightly back, had that lovely halo). But back to the eyes. Puts me off wearing make up. Obviously waterproof mascara is great (although taking it off irritates my eyes too) but the foundation etc gets ruined too. So fed up! Ugh, so frustrated, can you tell 🤣
I have dry eyes due to occular rosacea, and my eyes stream in cold or windy weather. Hycosan drops work well if used 10 mins or so before leaving the house. I wear sunglasses most of the year to protect and shield my eyes, and have got to the point I don't care if I look a pretentious wanker!

Reactions: 5
I have dry eyes due to occular rosacea, and my eyes stream in cold or windy weather. Hycosan drops work well if used 10 mins or so before leaving the house. I wear sunglasses most of the year to protect and shield my eyes, and have got to the point I don't care if I look a pretentious wanker!
Fab thanks! Can I get Hycosan in any old pharmacy/Boots etc? Deffo regret leaving the sunglasses at home!

I get this if the pollen count is high. Is it an allergy? If so an anti histamine could help.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I get this if the pollen count is high. Is it an allergy? If so an anti histamine could help.
Potentially! Cucumber has recently started to give me a numb tongue and lips, apparently that’s to do with pollen?? The watery eyes aren’t new but the severity could probably be traced back to pollen count or wind in my face if I really thought about it🤔

So… after having curly locks for 36 years, over the past few years they have slowly lost their curl - so I went and had a blunt bob cut and am living the straight hair life! Loving it too! ☺ However I lack any skill in hair styling (blow-drying etc!) - could you lovely recommend styling equipment and products that I can use to help! I’ve been suggested a drying brush type thing… what’s the thoughts on those? Heat protectant is a must and an oil to sleek my hair each morning!? Anything else or should I be doing things a little differently!? 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Potentially! Cucumber has recently started to give me a numb tongue and lips, apparently that’s to do with pollen?? The watery eyes aren’t new but the severity could probably be traced back to pollen count or wind in my face if I really thought about it🤔
Yes. This allergy things new to me so I’m figuring it out but lots of things are histamine , ie citrus, strawberries tomatoes etc. basically loads of things I eat 🤣 I suffered terribly with the watery eyes I gave up eye makeup for a while cos it was such a mess. Doc suggested Cetrine, I take one going to bed as they are 24 hour and can possibly cause drowsiness and I’ve seen a BIG improvement.

Hey girls, can someone recommend me a really good conditioner please? Just ran out of mine and I want to try something new

for reference I have straight, long, thick hair which is not colour treated. I prefer a conditioner that is thick (almost like a hair mask consistency), and smells amazing 🥰 i have a Sephora gift card so no budget, open to anything 😊 thank you xx

Hey girls, can someone recommend me a really good conditioner please? Just ran out of mine and I want to try something new

for reference I have straight, long, thick hair which is not colour treated. I prefer a conditioner that is thick (almost like a hair mask consistency), and smells amazing 🥰 i have a Sephora gift card so no budget, open to anything 😊 thank you xx
Not an every day conditioner but I’ve been using the Colour Wow & Chris Appleton Money Masque once a week and liking it.

Missed you Scorpihoe! Any recent products you’re loving? I’ve ordered the Giorgio Armani fluid sheer glow in 11 which I’ve seen people rave about online.. also hearing the Elf Clout Pout lipsticks rival Hourglass Phantom Balm and only £8 👀

• Heart
So… after having curly locks for 36 years, over the past few years they have slowly lost their curl - so I went and had a blunt bob cut and am living the straight hair life! Loving it too! ☺ However I lack any skill in hair styling (blow-drying etc!) - could you lovely recommend styling equipment and products that I can use to help! I’ve been suggested a drying brush type thing… what’s the thoughts on those? Heat protectant is a must and an oil to sleek my hair each morning!? Anything else or should I be doing things a little differently!? 🤪
I have a trusty old babyliss big hair which there are newer versions of currently, but I think it’s brill for a bob. It’s a really fair price point too, especially when compared to all these shark/dyson models, and it really gets the job done imo x

Dizziak is very good. It’s in a tube, quite thick. Can be used as a conditioner and a mask. My hair is ruined (by the menopause) and it is the only one that brings it back to some sort of normalcy.
It only used to be available at Space NK or direct from them. But now it seems to be on Amazon and Boots. Edit to add, if tempted don’t bother with the shampoo, it’s average.

• Heart
Not an every day conditioner but I’ve been using the Colour Wow & Chris Appleton Money Masque once a week and liking it.

Missed you Scorpihoe! Any recent products you’re loving? I’ve ordered the Giorgio Armani fluid sheer glow in 11 which I’ve seen people rave about online.. also hearing the Elf Clout Pout lipsticks rival Hourglass Phantom Balm and only £8 👀
You’ve convinced me. I’m getting it! 🥰 I’ve got to try the elf clout pout now! How’s the fluid sheer? Worth it?

Missed you guys 🥹 omg yes I love this question 😂

• Aveeno oat gel moisturiser - is okay…apparently it’s a dupe of the Tatcha water cream, I haven’t tried it, but this is an alright moisturiser. It’s almost gel like, sinks into the skin beautifully, but I just prefer a thicker moisturiser (like Nivea lol). Okay for the price, not much in the pot

• Sol de janeiro delicia drench body butter - smells heavenly, I much prefer the thicker texture of this one, compared to their other creams

• Haus labs hybrid lip glaze - I got the shade guava and it is stunningggggg. Literally I’ve had 4 compliments whilst wearing this. It’s so comfortable, it doesn’t feel thin or watery, but feels very soft and comfortable. Purchasing in multiple shades asap

• Kayali oudgasm rose oud perfume - this is really nice, it’s a good blend of rose and oud, but a bit heavier on the oud. Good projection and lasting power

• Clinique take the day off cleansing balm - guys I was an Elemis girl through and through, until I tried this. Don’t get me wrong, the Elemis is still amazing and the smell is gorgeous, but the Clinique is sliiiiightly better because I prefer the texture and it doesn’t irritate my contact lenses. I’ll be purchasing this one from now on. It doesn’t smell like anything

That’s all for now 🌚 I’m sure I’ll make a Sephora order tonight and have more unsolicited reviews coming soon 😛

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I have a trusty old babyliss big hair which there are newer versions of currently, but I think it’s brill for a bob. It’s a really fair price point too, especially when compared to all these shark/dyson models, and it really gets the job done imo x
Couldn't agree more - mine is years and years old but still going strong. I have a bob and its fantastic for volume and style. Thinking it cost about £30 :ROFLMAO:

Incidentally my daughter has got extremely thick, curly hair and i used a (friend's) Dyson dryer on it recently - although it much quieter than my old fashioned hair-dryer her hair didn't look any different at all and it wasn't even that much quicker. So that' s£400 saved!

Tomorrow is nail day and I am hopeless at picking colours I’m usually red or black but fancy something different. Does anyone have any spring colour inspiration?

Tomorrow is nail day and I am hopeless at picking colours I’m usually red or black but fancy something different. Does anyone have any spring colour inspiration?
I saw a woman today whose nails were a really lovely subtle ombre/gradient from beige to lemon yellow. The lemon colour was at the nail bed rather than at the tip. It looked fabulous 👌

• Heart
I found a few ideas for you. I’ll put them under a spoiler as they will take up too much space on the thread

IMG_2850.jpeg
IMG_2853.jpeg
IMG_2854.jpeg
IMG_2855.jpeg
IMG_2856.jpeg
IMG_2857.jpeg
IMG_2858.jpeg
IMG_2859.jpeg
IMG_2860.jpeg
IMG_2863.jpeg
IMG_2862.jpeg
IMG_2861.jpeg