Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I google Korean body mitts, this is one of the results. Is this the same thing? Where have you been getting them from?

IMG_9054.png

Oooo interested to hear what the pads are like! Take The Day Off is my faaaaave and I'll always be a big fan of anything ESPA 😍
Best treats ever there! Hope they cheered you up a lot!
I will use them over the weekend! Just have to finish the last of my Pixi Clarity Tonic first! 🩷 I'm excited to use them all at least 😅 the Ole Lip Treatment feels nice on at least!

Any recommendations for a nice co-ord tracksuit/loungewear that would suit a pear shape?!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Boots are doing 90 marine collagen tablets for £10! Normally £33 each! I bought 6 bottles 🤫 online only if you got an advantage card

Reactions: 3
I will use them over the weekend! Just have to finish the last of my Pixi Clarity Tonic first! 🩷 I'm excited to use them all at least 😅 the Ole Lip Treatment feels nice on at least!

Any recommendations for a nice co-ord tracksuit/loungewear that would suit a pear shape?!
I have a 3 piece leisure suit from John Lewis.
Vest top, lovely yoga style pants, long loose jacket.
About £45.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have a 3 piece leisure suit from John Lewis.
Vest top, lovely yoga style pants, long loose jacket.
About £45.
Just had a look at this, it’s gorgeous! Do you wear it just in the house? Not sure if I’d feel like I was going out in my pjs if I nipped out wearing it!!

• Heart
Started oil pulling with coconut oil, thinking it was some woo-woo bs. Joke on me because my teeth do look whiter?! and feel cleaner/nicer too. (I'm still brushing my teeth with regular toothpaste, it's just an add on)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Could it be angular cheilitis? You may need to see your doctor for treatment.
I second this @havee - sounds like it. It's miserable isn't it. I had it for months last year, just wouldn't go away even with cream from my GP. Did eventually clear up though thankfully. One thing I'd suggest is switching to a toothpaste without SLS (sodium lauryl sulphate) - I did this after doing some research online, and after getting it pretty much every year without fail, it hasn't come back. The SLS in a lot of toothpastes can really trigger/aggravate it!

Started oil pulling with coconut oil, thinking it was some woo-woo bs. Joke on me because my teeth do look whiter?! and feel cleaner/nicer too. (I'm still brushing my teeth with regular toothpaste, it's just a add on)
Ooo how long do you do it for? I've been wanting to try but VERY concerned I'd swallow the coconut oil without thinking 😂😂

• Haha
Ooo how long do you do it for? I've been wanting to try but VERY concerned I'd swallow the coconut oil without thinking 😂😂
Ngl it's my main fear 😆
I do 5mn (the internet said anywhere from 3mn to 20mn was good). At first it's a bit gross, as the texture of the solid oil melting slowly in your mouth isn't the most enjoyable, but after 1-2mn it's kinda fun to swirl it around it your mouth. It's lowkey a jaw workout 😅
After 5 mn I spit it out in the garbage (kinda gross but don't want to clog the sink) and rinse the mouth with hot water. I do it first thing in the morning before tea.
My mouth tends to be quite dry and it seems to help with that too!

• Heart
Been really upset with my skin and general appearance lately :( I'm turning 35 at the end of the month and while I think I still look quite youthful 'for my age' (yes, I know 35 is nowhere near 'old' 😂) I'm really noticing changes that make me feel bleh. In particular around my eyes - I've always had hooded eyes but they def look saggier now and make me look tired. I also have some fine lines under my eyes and when I smile my under eyes look bigger/puffier now if that makes sense. I've had fleeting thoughts of an upper/under blepharoplasty which is madness! I went with a friend to her botox appointment recently out of curiosity and they recommended Tixel laser treatment for my under eyes as opposed to botox - which I'm considering.

The other thing is my skin - I always used to have quite good skin but feel like I'm really blotchy now with uneven texture and maybe even some rosacea.

(Doesn't help that I now have all my iCloud photos on my phone - so I've been obsessively analysing old photos from years ago and comparing them to my photos now!)

Sooooo all of this to say - does anyone have any must-have products, treatments to improve the look of your eyes and skin texture/tone?

Ordered some more Lumineux teeth whitening strips which I plan to start using tonight - that can be the first step in my self care routine 🤣

Sorry for this rant haha. I know aging happens us to all and it's SUCH a vapid thing to get hung up over but at the same time it's such a weird experience - feeling like you almost don't recognise yourself!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Been really upset with my skin and general appearance lately :( I'm turning 35 at the end of the month and while I think I still look quite youthful 'for my age' (yes, I know 35 is nowhere near 'old' 😂) I'm really noticing changes that make me feel bleh. In particular around my eyes - I've always had hooded eyes but they def look saggier now and make me look tired. I also have some fine lines under my eyes and when I smile my under eyes look bigger/puffier now if that makes sense. I've had fleeting thoughts of an upper/under blepharoplasty which is madness! I went with a friend to her botox appointment recently out of curiosity and they recommended Tixel laser treatment for my under eyes as opposed to botox - which I'm considering.

The other thing is my skin - I always used to have quite good skin but feel like I'm really blotchy now with uneven texture and maybe even some rosacea.

(Doesn't help that I now have all my iCloud photos on my phone - so I've been obsessively analysing old photos from years ago and comparing them to my photos now!)

Sooooo all of this to say - does anyone have any must-have products, treatments to improve the look of your eyes and skin texture/tone?

Ordered some more Lumineux teeth whitening strips which I plan to start using tonight - that can be the first step in my self care routine 🤣

Sorry for this rant haha. I know aging happens us to all and it's SUCH a vapid thing to get hung up over but at the same time it's such a weird experience - feeling like you almost don't recognise yourself!
I'm turning 35 this month too, feels like a bigger birthday than 30 to me if I'm honest. I got Botox for the first time 2 weeks ago! I think we are in the same head space 😅

• Heart
I'm turning 35 this month too, feels like a bigger birthday than 30 to me if I'm honest. I got Botox for the first time 2 weeks ago! I think we are in the same head space 😅
Yes!! Like I had mixed feelings about turning 30, but in the end I was quite looking forward to it and it wasn't a big deal, just felt like an extension of my twenties. Turning 35 has literally been keeping me up at night (omg I sound pathetic) 🙈 but it's all the mixed emotions about looking/feeling older, my life in general ATM - am I as far along in life as I should be, being on the fence about having kids etc etc... Ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I third this. I turn 34 this month and I’m noticing it around my eyes and a change of skin texture on my forehead. I also get forehead Botox so I don’t know if the two are related.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve just come on here to cry really! We are on holiday but our luggage is lost and we are in a place with very limited options for buying anything ! I miss my clothes and toiletries so
Much 😂
The worst!! Can you Amazon Prime yourself anything to the hotel - next day delivery?!

Yes!! Like I had mixed feelings about turning 30, but in the end I was quite looking forward to it and it wasn't a big deal, just felt like an extension of my twenties. Turning 35 has literally been keeping me up at night (omg I sound pathetic) 🙈 but it's all the mixed emotions about looking/feeling older, my life in general ATM - am I as far along in life as I should be, being on the fence about having kids etc etc... Ugh.

i sooo feel this. I'll turn 35 later this year as well and while I have found that I car less about certain things (I know my pants aren't "in", but they are what I find comfortable, so eff off Gen whatever, don't need to proof my fashion sense to them...) the "am i at the right place" is really, really keeping me up from feeling stuck and rushed at the same time.

• Heart
i sooo feel this. I'll turn 35 later this year as well and while I have found that I car less about certain things (I know my pants aren't "in", but they are what I find comfortable, so eff off Gen whatever, don't need to proof my fashion sense to them...) the "am i at the right place" is really, really keeping me up from feeling stuck and rushed at the same time.
I'm so with you all here. I'm turning 34 in a week and have been looking into botox, skin boosters, tear trough filler etc for well over a year now but still not taken the plunge (mainly due to the expense), but I'm getting more and more conscious about all my wrinkles and creases which is making my make up look crap, and I think in turn making me look older.

I've also bought and returned a ridiculous amount of pairs of jeans trying to find myself something other than my trusty skinny jeans and jeggings but I look like a sack of potatoes in anything else!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.