Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Skin and Me or Dermatica 🙏🏼

I’d ditch the cerave, it’ll be drying you out like no one’s business.
Thank you. Have gone with dermatica as have tried skin and me before and didn't notice much change.

Reactions: 1
Random Q - my partner (male 30) has very acne prone skin and would get a lot of blackheads. He asked me for some skincare advice and I have got him using cerave oil control as well as salicylic acid etc. Is this not the way to go with acne prone skin? I didn’t have acne myself (my problems are more dryness & texture) and I’m also fairly clueless about my own skincare so probably shouldn’t be giving him advice 🙃
I like the Cerave salicylic acid cleanser! I've dry skin with a bit of blackheads and it helps without making my skin dry af, I'd only use it at night though and let it sit a bit (30 seconds to 1 mn)

My fav dermato on youtube is Sam Ellis, maybe you/your bf can watch some of her videos. She gives routine and recommend various product (usually over the counter stuff + some prescription + some treatments done at her practice) (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dr+sam+ellis+acne). Usually, the recommendations are retinol/retinoid, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid etc, but it depends on how sensitive/dry/reactive your bf's skin is.

Random Q - my partner (male 30) has very acne prone skin and would get a lot of blackheads. He asked me for some skincare advice and I have got him using cerave oil control as well as salicylic acid etc. Is this not the way to go with acne prone skin? I didn’t have acne myself (my problems are more dryness & texture) and I’m also fairly clueless about my own skincare so probably shouldn’t be giving him advice 🙃
It might not necessarily be bad and will work for some, just a while ago acids like AHA and BHA we're all the rage and a lot of people, including me, ruined their skin with it. In my experience proper stuff from dermatologist (or now options like skin and me, dermatica etc) are best. The two times in my life I used something that actually got rid of my acne is when I got something from proper derm, like a retinoid. First time was when I was a teenager and my acne got bad, I got I think differin gel and azalaic acid and it worked great, didn't get proper acne until my later 20s. This lasted a few years on and off and only now using skinandme it went away.

L
Has anyone used skin and me and had good results? I'm really struggling with my skin ATM and have been since having a baby 11 months ago. I get really bad acne in my jaw line, chin etc. I currently use Cerave blemish face wash, the ordinary salicylic acid, the ordinary niacinamide then weleda skin food light. Ive been really consistent with this skin care routine and it's not really cleared uo much at all.
i hate skin and me, it totally ruined my barrier and their customer service is terrible. Like many others suggested I would maybe use less skin specific products and just stick to gentle ones. I maybe would also ditch the weleda-although it’s really good for skin barrier it might be a bit rich especially if you have oily skin. I can only use very light moisturisers (mostly gel based) as most moisturisers are too rich for my skin and give me ache round the jaw line too!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Can anyone offer any advice regarding my hair please?

It’s naturally curly and highlighted, the problem I’m having is it’s gone quite wiry and is thinning, I think probably due to the menopause.

At the moment it’s so dry and I’ve got quite a lot of breakage. I wash it twice a week with Kerastase absolute purple shampoo and conditioner and I use Philip Kingsley leave it conditioner. Don’t use heat very often and I will leave it to air dry.

The dilemma is, I’m due for my highlights and I’ve booked for some lowlights this time as well but I don’t know whether to leave it all together and try and get some decent condition back. I have got some grey but nothing I couldn’t live with for a while until it improves.

I’m quite down at the moment regarding my appearance so I don’t know what to do for the best.
I would use the purple shampoo less. It’s very drying on my hair and I’m also curly and bleached. Give it a break in between uses and try something hydrating instead

• Heart
Has anyone used the Laura Geller baked foundation? Trying to find something different for my skin as everything I’m using at the moment seems to do nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Has anyone used the Laura Geller baked foundation? Trying to find something different for my skin as everything I’m using at the moment seems to do nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️
I was tempted but then I read a lot of comments about terrible customer service !

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I have used it. Bought it as part of a kit on QVC. It was fine for me for a number of years but now i’ve got some lines, i find it very ageing. It does give good coverage but post 50+ liquid foundation works better on me.

Dark circles! Purple/blue. They’re kind of righting the corner where the bridge of my nose is.
I’m pale too.

Has anyone found a good colour corrector? I have a CT one and I don’t find it any help to be honest.

Pissed off with hats today! I really want a straw sun hat for my holiday, tried loads on in different styles and they all make me look like a right twit. I’ve done a face shape finder online and I have an oval face apparently which should suit fedora style and I have an average sized head, I have measured it haha! They all seem to either perch on the top of my head or drop so low that I could tuck my ears in, I even have this problem with baseball caps, I must have some wierd mekon shape head or something😡
I have a small head so I have this problem…
Try these hats:
Or I get kids hats (as long as they look appropriate!!)
I have a fedora that was meant for boys but fits me perfectly!
Here it is
8EA4B7A5-9DE6-43A6-BB51-2FF993B1BB67.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Pissed off with hats today! I really want a straw sun hat for my holiday, tried loads on in different styles and they all make me look like a right twit. I’ve done a face shape finder online and I have an oval face apparently which should suit fedora style and I have an average sized head, I have measured it haha! They all seem to either perch on the top of my head or drop so low that I could tuck my ears in, I even have this problem with baseball caps, I must have some wierd mekon shape head or something😡
I'm the same, can never get hats to look right on me 😭😭 I don't know if I just have a weird shaped head or what

• Heart
I have a small head so I have this problem…
Try these hats:
Or I get kids hats (as long as they look appropriate!!)
I have a fedora that was meant for boys but fits me perfectly!
Here it is
View attachment 2889821
Thank you! If I get chance today I’ll go for a look round the kids section in Next, I’ve left it a bit last minute too.

Hi girls 🩷 I’m thinking about getting hair extensions and wondered if anyone can advise which brands are best please? I’ve had them once before and used beauty works and they got really matted all the time, I’d wash them and they’d grow outwards towards the day. Felt like Monica from Friends in Barbados. Followed all the aftercare but it was a big knotty mess!!!

Iv got long black hair but it’s fine so wanting it for volume and so it holds a curl when I’m out really.

the salons local to me seem to use hair kings or remy cachet but really open to any suggestion’s.

thanks so much xx
---
L

i hate skin and me, it totally ruined my barrier and their customer service is terrible. Like many others suggested I would maybe use less skin specific products and just stick to gentle ones. I maybe would also ditch the weleda-although it’s really good for skin barrier it might be a bit rich especially if you have oily skin. I can only use very light moisturisers (mostly gel based) as most moisturisers are too rich for my skin and give me ache round the jaw line too!
My skin was awful after skin + me. I had a facial with micro needling and the dermatologist said my skin was completely stripped and tough when she was needling. She was shocked at how strong the retinol was that they gave me and said stronger isn’t always better.

weleda skin food is way too rich for me too! Bought it on recommendation from Ashley Stobart and the Bobby brown primer and both make me have the worst acne.

im using the Kate Somerville exfolikate range at the mo which is nice and her glow moisturiser. I tried her Demal quench with retinol and my jaw line is covered in big hard white spots so avoid that one if your prone 🩷

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The Hyaluronic Acid range for hair? I had the conditioner and it didn't do anything for me unfortunately.

The L'Oreal Dream Lengths Rapid Reviver Long Hair Power Conditioner (such a long name) however, is fantastic! Really conditions my thick and frizz-prone hair so well.

Oh that’s a shame. I didn’t get conditioner as I’ve a backlog to get through and shorter hair.

I’d fully recommend the shampoo if anyone is struggling with very greasy roots. I’ve been getting greasy roots before bed time of late and had no luck with 4 different shampoos. I’ve not gone 72 hours as advertised because swimming came before then but at 48 hours, which included 2 sweaty walks, my hair still looked clean - i don’t think that’s ever happened since I became hormonal as a teen. As an aside ends have stayed soft instead of turning to straw the day after washing but I’ve also been diligent with spray conditioner and oil so can’t attribute it to the shampoo specifically.

Oh that’s a shame. I didn’t get conditioner as I’ve a backlog to get through and shorter hair.

I’d fully recommend the shampoo if anyone is struggling with very greasy roots. I’ve been getting greasy roots before bed time of late and had no luck with 4 different shampoos. I’ve not gone 72 hours as advertised because swimming came before then but at 48 hours, which included 2 sweaty walks, my hair still looked clean - i don’t think that’s ever happened since I became hormonal as a teen. As an aside ends have stayed soft instead of turning to straw the day after washing but I’ve also been diligent with spray conditioner and oil so can’t attribute it to the shampoo specifically.
Is that this one?

Attachments

Dark circles! Purple/blue. They’re kind of righting the corner where the bridge of my nose is.
I’m pale too.

Has anyone found a good colour corrector? I have a CT one and I don’t find it any help to be honest.
I like the huda beauty one. The pink is nice. It’s a little too dark for me for everyday but will work better in the summer. Nice consistency and like the applicator too.

Can anyone recommend a medium cover foundation for every day wear thats not too expensive. I currently use an ELF cc cream but don't like the way it blends feel like it's so cakes to blend out

Can anyone recommend a medium cover foundation for every day wear thats not too expensive. I currently use an ELF cc cream but don't like the way it blends feel like it's so cakes to blend out
Personally, for the price, I really rate revolution conceal and define foundation. I really like their colour range, being quite pale I find it hard to find foundations to match my skin, but I love theirs. Not too heavy coverage and lasts all day for me. X

Reactions: 5