Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a La Roche Posay one that is for oily skin/is mattifying. Comes in a tinted version too (the colour is all wrong for me or I’d probably use this as my base!). Spenny at £18ish but usually on some sort of offer at Boots and the tube lasts a decent amount of time.
I get mine from ebay. Absolutely love this product.

Reactions: 1
Sorry for all these questions, I've been feeling like a potato lately but I have a couple of events coming up soon and wanted to take the opportunity to glam up! I usually do my own makeup/hair/nails so I'm a massive noob at getting anything done 🥲

I'm a bit useless with hair. I've had a blow dry once or twice before events but I feel like my hair went flat quite quickly. Any hair gurus know what type of thing to ask for/any tips? Or is it just my hair type that's uncooperative! Also has anyone had makeup done at places like Charlotte Tilbury or Mac and how was it?

Lastly I don't get my nails done very often and my natural nails are usually pretty long and strong but I had to cut them short recently. Are a set of gel/biab extensions the thing to ask for? I'm so clueless when it comes to hair and nails but love reading everyone's tips and experiences!

Sorry for all these questions, I've been feeling like a potato lately but I have a couple of events coming up soon and wanted to take the opportunity to glam up! I usually do my own makeup/hair/nails so I'm a massive noob at getting anything done 🥲

I'm a bit useless with hair. I've had a blow dry once or twice before events but I feel like my hair went flat quite quickly. Any hair gurus know what type of thing to ask for/any tips? Or is it just my hair type that's uncooperative! Also has anyone had makeup done at places like Charlotte Tilbury or Mac and how was it?

Lastly I don't get my nails done very often and my natural nails are usually pretty long and strong but I had to cut them short recently. Are a set of gel/biab extensions the thing to ask for? I'm so clueless when it comes to hair and nails but love reading everyone's tips and experiences!
Let them know when thetee doing the blowdry your hair doesnt hold volume/curls. They should be able to use products and techniques to help it hold. I get a curly blow dry but ask them not to brush out the curls as it lasts way better on my hair.

Charlotte Tilbury counters are great. They have looks on their website that are the signature ones they tend to do so you can select something from those that you like and they’ll tailor it to you.

Gel extensions would be your best bet. You can add nail art etc to the booking. I think with any beauty treatment you just need to be assertive and make sure they do what you want. I think pictures really help with nails and hair so there’s no crossed wires about what you’re looking for. Love Pinterest as others have said for nails or hair styles. I have one for hair makeup and nails that I reference when I get anything done.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ah hells bells. I might have looked kick ass but they definitely won’t be offering me a job! Totally blindsided by some of the questions (feel they were being sneaky interviewing for two very different roles at the same time) and started having a hot flush right in the middle of it!

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Ah hells bells. I might have looked kick ass but they definitely won’t be offering me a job! Totally blindsided by some of the questions (feel they were being sneaky interviewing for two very different roles at the same time) and started having a hot flush right in the middle of it!
Don't lose hope! Some interviewers thrive on making you squirm and seeing how you act under pressure. Happened to me in my last interview but I did get offered the role. Will keep our fingers crossed for you (if you still want it)!

Reactions: 8
Don't lose hope! Some interviewers thrive on making you squirm and seeing how you act under pressure. Happened to me in my last interview but I did get offered the role. Will keep our fingers crossed for you (if you still want it)!
Same here. I got thrown a real curve ball about a football club of all odd things, out of the blue. When I got the promotion my boss said he received feedback that I gave a calm, assured performance. Total opposite of what I had been feeling at the interview. 😁

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Did you waffle something in your answer? I always think as long as you said something it could’ve been what they were looking for! It’s never as bad as we think. We put too much pressure on ourselves

Reactions: 2
Did you waffle something in your answer? I always think as long as you said something it could’ve been what they were looking for! It’s never as bad as we think. We put too much pressure on ourselves
Far too much! They rang me and I didn’t get it, I knew I hadn’t but she didn’t even offer any feedback just pretty much hung up on me. Good job I didn’t want it anyway!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I genuinely thought I had botched my last interview. I was a gibbering idiot, I feel like I gave vague politician answers to at least two questions and I skipped an entire page of my presentation (at least I’m pretty sure I did). Somehow, and I don’t know how, they offered me the job before I even got home from the interview.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Any recommendations for a sheer/natural/your-nails-but-better nail polish? Ideally good with only one coat, more on the pinky side than too white-milky. Ideally from Essie, OPI or Kiko (Chanel or Dior too, but if I can avoid forking 30+ euros into a nail polish that's be nice 😅 )
IMG_3636.png

This is my go to nail polish, in this colour - I never use anything else. I don’t use a base or a top coat, I file my nails, cut away the cuticles, I then use a summer Fridays face exfoliant on each of my fingers and all over my hands wash with warm water, leave to dry then apply two coats & it really does last for 7 days!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've used the cream, got the set with the day and night creams in it. It's a nice enough moisturiser, quite heavily fragranced if I remember rightly. I don't remember it doing anything much but maybe it's one of those things you have to use consistently for a while. I've not tried the device.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Nadine baggot been raving about L’Oréal hydra range (purple packaging) on her most recent beauty hags video. Specific mention to the greasy roots dry ends shampoo which is exactly what I need - my hair feels nice having just used it 🤞🏻

Reactions: 5