Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't think this is technically on topic for this thread but drinking more water does help with being glam! Does anyone have a good Stanley Cup dupe, preferably from Amazon, please?
I got mine from Home Bargains a few months ago and it's a great job, definitely makes drinking water a lot easier!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Can anyone please recommend a light daily SPF for combination skin? Maybe psychological but I only really like clear gel moisturiser as I always find creams leave my face oily 🫠
I little be on the spenny side, but I have combination skin and I really love the La Roche Pose one, and find it's the only one that doesn't feel like sun cream as such xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Can anyone please recommend a light daily SPF for combination skin? Maybe psychological but I only really like clear gel moisturiser as I always find creams leave my face oily 🫠
Biore Sun Watery essence spr 50. it’s a Japanese sunscreen, my holy grail for years now. Lightweight, no cast and reasonably priced.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Throwaway89 I've managed to screw up the lighting on this because I have a bendy lamp with lots of heads on my dressing table but this is the Instree watery gel as it comes out of the tube and immediately rubbed in, in case it helps. No shine, white residue or greasy finish.

ETA since I'm smearing things on my arms I've added a pic of how nicely the Embryolisse spreads out and sinks in for @Smv2287 - it's incredibly moisturising but you don't have to wait ages to put makeup on after using it.
Another vote for Embryolisse, I started using it on the recommendation of one of the chemo nurses when I was having treatment for cancer and my skin was very dry. My skin loves the stuff and I've used it ever since, its fairly fragranced though which I dont mind but I know some people dont like.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Don't think this is technically on topic for this thread but drinking more water does help with being glam! Does anyone have a good Stanley Cup dupe, preferably from Amazon, please?
💯 agree, spot on. Water and SPF are my top tips for looking good! And so much cheaper (although I am very susceptible to nice creams and tit!!)

Reactions: 3
Do you want like a clear polish with a tint of pink that makes your nails look pinker? Essie and Dior both do nice versions. Or Ballet Slippers as someone else mentioned is a lovely sheer Essie pink!
Was thinking about buying the Dior Glow but apparently they changed the formula and it's not good anymore...

My skin loves the stuff and I've used it ever since, its fairly fragranced though which I dont mind but I know some people dont like.
They sell a version without perfume!

I little be on the spenny side, but I have combination skin and I really love the La Roche Pose one, and find it's the only one that doesn't feel like sun cream as such xx
LRP is the best. I bought Avène SPF 50+ recently, because they were out of the LRP one, and it's so thick and greasy.
I also like the kids milk-lotion version SPF50+ they sell in drugstore (can remember the brand, garnier or mixa) during the summer, it's usually light and much cheaper.

You can actually search the UV Index in your city, if it's 1 or 2 you can skip the sunscreen (but putting sunscreen everyday can be useful if you want to build the habit/not forget during sunny days). https://www.weatheronline.co.uk/UK/LondonStanstedAirport/UVindex.htm

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So I ordered two petite trouser suits for my interview tomorrow… one I hated the colour and then there’s this one… I ordered some small heels but the trousers are too short for heels 🤦🏼‍♀️ so it’s either wear a black dress and jacket with flat ankle boots (clumpy!) or a mad dash into town in the morning to find some smart flat cream ones… thoughts?!
IMG_8856.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Biore Sun Watery essence spr 50. it’s a Japanese sunscreen, my holy grail for years now. Lightweight, no cast and reasonably priced.
Seconded, I wear this on the warmer days. In winter I use Etude House Sunprise
---
I have heard good things about glossiers new spf, its a clear gel. Not tried it myself but its on my list when I run out.
Idk if this is a concern for you but I find glossier products great on aging skin. I used to use their Perfecting Skin Tint and Cloud Paint and it sat on my skin very nicely without sinking into fine lines

• Heart
Reactions: 1
So I ordered two petite trouser suits for my interview tomorrow… one I hated the colour and then there’s this one… I ordered some small heels but the trousers are too short for heels 🤦🏼‍♀️ so it’s either wear a black dress and jacket with flat ankle boots (clumpy!) or a mad dash into town in the morning to find some smart flat cream ones… thoughts?!
View attachment 2883761
This looks so good! Much more empowering than black! Do you definitely have no suitable shoes?

Reactions: 5
This looks so good! Much more empowering than black! Do you definitely have no suitable shoes?
I genuinely don’t! I don’t really own work shoes as such anymore as since covid my place has become so much more casual so it’s either biker boots, smart trainers or DM sandals… none of which would fit here!
---

Last edited:
View attachment 2883761
Love this!

• Heart
I genuinely don’t! I don’t really own work shoes as such anymore as since covid my place has become so much more casual so it’s either biker boots, smart trainers or DM sandals… none of which would fit here!
---
Well, I think this suit is gorge and if you don’t think it’s too much stress then defo go and get new shoes tomorrow. How do you feel?

View attachment 2883761
I think those would like nice with heels,(what heels, if any, have u got)
Or white smart trainers??
Suit looks great on you tho

Well, I think this suit is gorge and if you don’t think it’s too much stress then defo go and get new shoes tomorrow. How do you feel?
I'm pretty stressed! It's a different Trust from where I am now so I don't really have that insider knowledge and it's literally just an interview rather than any psychometric testing/presentations which I've normally had to do but that usually gives a little bit of insight into what they'll be asking. I need to leave at 1230 so will have a small amount of time in the morning to nip to Next or Primark.

I think those would like nice with heels,(what heels, if any, have u got)
Or white smart trainers??
Suit looks great on you tho
Literally the only heels I have would definitely be party style heels! I'd be wearing it with white Kurt Geiger trainers at any other time but not for an interview (even though our directors even wear trainers now!).

View attachment 2883761
The Colours look really good together! They look like they suit your skin tone and hair. Can’t offer any footwear advice, but, good luck!

• Heart
There’s a La Roche Posay one that is for oily skin/is mattifying. Comes in a tinted version too (the colour is all wrong for me or I’d probably use this as my base!). Spenny at £18ish but usually on some sort of offer at Boots and the tube lasts a decent amount of time.

• Heart
View attachment 2883761
A ballet pump type shoe would look cute also!? Good Luck! 🤞🏽

• Heart
View attachment 2883761
What about some black loafers?