Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quoting my own post to say of course I meant 'without pain relief' 🤦‍♀️
I read it as without! Yeah, it’s barbaric. I’ve never experienced anything like it before and never want to again.
---
Thanks so much for replying. I’ll get on that as I’m coming up to the date so it sounds like I don’t want to go over!
Sorry you had an awful experience, but I think it’s common unfortunately from what I’ve heard. If men had to deal with this tit you know it’d be painless and straightforward. My insertion was horrendous, similar experience to you - I was screaming the place down - and the doctor had the not so brilliant idea of combining it with my smear test. My poor cervix that day ☹☹☹
At my next appointment the nurse doing my smear was horrified I had them both done at the same time.

I’m so relived to hear that the removal on its own was alright though as I’m totally dreading it 😖 shame because it’s been a dream apart from the insertion for the past 5 years!
Sorry, adding another reply to say going over by a little bit is fine. Just not a great idea to do over by more than 3 years as the GP was worried the strings would be brittle and at risk of breaking so went very slowly. Such fun. Coil 2 was technically removed a couple of months after the 5 year period was up due to appointment availability, and there was no such fears!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s a good job I’m already lying down in bed, cos if I wasn’t, I’d be passed out on the floor after reading these posts about the coil. I don’t know how you do it 🫣🥴

Reactions: 7
It’s a good job I’m already lying down in bed, cos if I wasn’t, I’d be passed out on the floor after reading these posts about the coil. I don’t know how you do it 🫣🥴
I think it really depends, I had a coil fitted 3 times at different places and it wasn't bad at all. Sore for like 20 seconds, but nothing that required screaming from me. I think it can depend both on who's doing it but also shape and position of your uterus and obv people have different pain thresholds too

Any recommendations for brow products? Something to darken and fill in but not to look overly done! Just had a baby and feel like I want to look more put together and brows might be an easy win each day!

I’ve used lots of different things in the past and currently just use an elf eye brow gel but it’s a bit meh 🫤

Reactions: 1
I like Benefit eyebrow pencils and gel. They've got some new lines; wax and precision pencil too.

Any recommendations for brow products? Something to darken and fill in but not to look overly done! Just had a baby and feel like I want to look more put together and brows might be an easy win each day!

I’ve used lots of different things in the past and currently just use an elf eye brow gel but it’s a bit meh 🫤
I’ve just bought the new maybelline build a brow and it’s great

Potentially an unpopular option, I’ve used CT Magic Cream now for 10 weeks. Underwhelmed, actually reminds me of Astral cream.

Reactions: 9
Potentially an unpopular option, I’ve used CT Magic Cream now for 10 weeks. Underwhelmed, actually reminds me of Astral cream.
I have been using it too and I am not loving it. I much prefer no7 or if being honest Nivea at night.
had a sample of it and loved it but after buying the full size I’m raging

@Curly IMO there are much better and cheaper products out there. I often wonder if companies trick us by making the trial sized products super special. I’ve found buying full sized often a big let down.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Curly IMO there are much better and cheaper products out there. I often wonder if companies trick us by making the trial sized products super special. I’ve found buying full sized often a big let down.
I also believe some companies make their trial sizes better than their full-sized products, to trick you into buying them.

I've experienced this with an expensive mascara, and a very expensive perfume.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I also believe some companies make their trial sizes better than their full-sized products, to trick you into buying them.

I've experienced this with an expensive mascara, and a very expensive perfume.
I think so too. Especially perfume. Sample is stronger.

Reactions: 6
Yeah the trial I had of the magic cream was amazing on my face, the consistency was also better and my face looked great with it. I feel the tub I have just now just sits on my face. Iv said I’ll give it another week and if it doesn’t get better I’ll pass it on to my friend and go back to cheaper one.

I invested this week on my make up bag and along with the skin booster I had last week I am feeling myself when I have a full face 🤣🤣

• Haha
Your user icon is amazing 🤣🤣🤣 I only did it because the first one went in during a GA, and so the second one I didn’t know any better!
---
I think it really depends, I had a coil fitted 3 times at different places and it wasn't bad at all. Sore for like 20 seconds, but nothing that required screaming from me. I think it can depend both on who's doing it but also shape and position of your uterus and obv people have different pain thresholds too
I honestly might be a massive wimp, to be fair!
---
I love Astral cream. You’ve saved me a fortune on CT!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have thought this so many times!!!! It has happened on more than one occasion where I have been incredibly disappointed with a product after having bought a sample.

The Erno Lazlo Active Phelityl Intensive Cream was my worst experience of this. The sample changed my skin overnight so I spent over €100 on the full size and it did nothing 😐

Last edited:
  • Sad
I like Benefit eyebrow pencils and gel. They've got some new lines; wax and precision pencil too.
Benefit Precisely My Brow is fab. My only issue with it is it doesn't last very long.

Does anyone have any foundation or bronzer recs? I currently use Nars matte bronzer and Bare Minerals Bare Pro liquid foundation. They're not the cheapest but last me about 6 months. Unfortunately have run out and my shades are sold out everywhere 😒

I've had a sample of the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream and thought it was amazing. Glad now that I didn't get the full size. I do prefer skincare/make-up with more gentle ingredients where possible and hers tend to be quite full-on.

Benefit Precisely My Brow is fab. My only issue with it is it doesn't last very long.
I use both pencils currently. The blunter one fills in and the sharper ones draws in individual hairs, then I set them with the clear gel. I want to try the coloured wax too. Good range of colours with the pencils.

Reactions: 3
Re the coil - my friends got lost...it was due out just as we went into lockdown. 3 years later she finally goes to have it out and they can't find it. Lots of tests later and it's somewhere completely different!
She had to have an operation to remove it.
I didn't have one in the end but after my daughter was born I felt the gp and contraceptive nurse were really pushy about me having the coil. I stood my ground though and said I'd rather go back on the pill
As it agrees with me.

I brought the revolution miracle cream which is meant to be a CT dupe but I didn't like it, its too fragrant and my skin just didn't get on with it.

Is there a UK equivalent for panoxyl face wash? I'm on medication that makes me sweat alot and I always smell like BO even though I shower every day, wear Deodorant and clean clothes. I've read panoxyl can help but it's only avaliable in the US or via iherb and I don't really wanna spent £5 delivery!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Re the coil - my friends got lost...it was due out just as we went into lockdown. 3 years later she finally goes to have it out and they can't find it. Lots of tests later and it's somewhere completely different!
She had to have an operation to remove it.
I didn't have one in the end but after my daughter was born I felt the gp and contraceptive nurse were really pushy about me having the coil. I stood my ground though and said I'd rather go back on the pill
As it agrees with me.

I brought the revolution miracle cream which is meant to be a CT dupe but I didn't like it, its too fragrant and my skin just didn't get on with it.

Is there a UK equivalent for panoxyl face wash? I'm on medication that makes me sweat alot and I always smell like BO even though I shower every day, wear Deodorant and clean clothes. I've read panoxyl can help but it's only avaliable in the US or via iherb and I don't really wanna spent £5 delivery!
Didn't want to scare anyone with my coil horror story but now I'm gonna! Got extreme pain after it was inserted, never had one before so thought it was normal (I was dizzy and nearly puked. I have a high pain threshold) couple of months after, thought I'd check for the strings as you're supposed to, couldn't feel anything. Turns out it wasn't in my womb anymore, I'm pretty sure the doctor pushed it through on insertion. Had to have key hole surgery to have it removed from my stomach cavity. When I was xrayed for them to try and find it, the guy doing it said it happens very often 🫠

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Didn't want to scare anyone with my coil horror story but now I'm gonna! Got extreme pain after it was inserted, never had one before so thought it was normal (I was dizzy and nearly puked. I have a high pain threshold) couple of months after, thought I'd check for the strings as you're supposed to, couldn't feel anything. Turns out it wasn't in my womb anymore, I'm pretty sure the doctor pushed it through on insertion. Had to have key hole surgery to have it removed from my stomach cavity. When I was xrayed for them to try and find it, the guy doing it said it happens very often 🫠
Absolute bleeping madness is all I can say to that. I’m so sorry you had to go through that.

I know Naga Munchetty was campaigning for a bit about pain relief for the coil, which is how I learnt that a lot of other people felt like I did (the opposite of what the doctor told me whilst it was happening) but I don’t know if anything came of it further. Women’s contraception is so fucked up.

Also sorry for derailing the thread with this chat and sorry to anyone affected by reading it!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.