Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone used fussy deodorant? Or wild. I just don’t trust an influencer!
Ive been using wild for quite a few years and would recommend. I've never paid full price as I can always find a discount code via searching insta tags .
If you haven't used a natural deodorant before, you do have to go through approx 2 weeks of being a little smellier whilst your body adjusts. I just took it to work with me and applied a few extra times during the day.

Reactions: 3
Ahhh bollocks. I think my period will come whilst on the holiday I plan on booking. I can’t be sure because my cycles are a bit messed up (I was on the whole TTC journey but that’s on hold at the moment, but I’m still putting info into the apps). My periods are not very pleasant and my holiday was supposed to be a relaxing fun time.

I could handle a mega heavy period when I come back but I dunno if I can manage the nausea of taking those tablets whilst I was there. Plus I swear you have to take them 3 times a day and that feels like a massive faff. I think I’m too overweight/old for the GP to prescribe the combined pill and I dont want to go fully back onto birth control so having a coil re-fitted is a no, too. Pah.

M
Does anyone recommend any products / treatments for tightening pores?
I'm 25, and also had larger pores but I cannot find anything to hide them - especially when I'm wearing no makeup :(
Microdermabrasion is a great treatment for minimising pores. I used to get the odd treatment in my 20's and my skin would look so good afterwards.

I've started using skinny tan wonder serum (it was recommended by the Style Me Happy lady on Instagram) and it's a dream to apply with the mitt and lasts really well.

my absolute fave daily spf is Tropic Sun Day. I use it as a moisturiser in the morning it's such a lovely base for make up application.

I am really struggling with clothes at the moment. I'm 36 and just don't know what on earth to wear. I feel like even looking for a sweatshirt /zip up top from a sports brand is a nightmare as everything is either super oversized or a cropped top 🙈

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I used both and personally found both good but fussy is better than wild because it doesn’t smell as strong and doesn’t leave white marks on clothes

Reactions: 1
I used to use wild but I personally didnt get on with it. Maybe it was my skin but it always used to clump up on my skin and never lasted long. I’m using a Penhaligon’s deodorant at the moment, pricey as hell, but it’s lasted AGES! I bought it at the beginning of August last year so 8.5 months and it’s far from done. Gorgeous lasting scent .
£28 is a lot of money, but wild is £5 a month ish so by now you’d have spent £40 (in 8 months sooo..) 🤣🤣

Green People aloe deodorant is fab I've used nothing else for over 10 years now.

I think I've mentioned on this thread that I started using Wild deodorant last Summer and am getting on great with it. I found I had a bit of clumping and transfer to clothes but sorted the issue by using less product (1 or 2 light swipes - if it leaves white marks you're using too much), massaging it in if it seems to not be fully absorbed. I also started using bar soap on my underarms instead of shower gel as I felt like I didn't smell "fresh" straight out of the shower - at the moment I'm using a slightly exfoliating bar with bits of dried lime zest in and it's great!
I'm an absolute convert to natural deodorant anyway - I'd urge anyone to try one!

Reactions: 4
I think I've mentioned on this thread that I started using Wild deodorant last Summer and am getting on great with it. I found I had a bit of clumping and transfer to clothes but sorted the issue by using less product (1 or 2 light swipes - if it leaves white marks you're using too much), massaging it in if it seems to not be fully absorbed. I also started using bar soap on my underarms instead of shower gel as I felt like I didn't smell "fresh" straight out of the shower - at the moment I'm using a slightly exfoliating bar with bits of dried lime zest in and it's great!
I'm an absolute convert to natural deodorant anyway - I'd urge anyone to try one!
I love the sound of that exfoliating bar with lime zest 🍋🛀

On the period delay tablets: I’ve used them twice, once for a beach holiday and again when I was due on the day I emigrated to New Zealand 😧. Had no issues while I was actually taking them and got the delayed period and the next one as normal, however both times the period after that one was over a week late. I kept getting the very mild cramps that I get the day before/day of my period but no actual period.

I’d use them again but waiting on that third period was so annoying. I didn’t dare go swimming or to the gym and got through so many ‘just in case’ pantyliners.

I love the sound of that exfoliating bar with lime zest 🍋🛀
It's soo refreshing! Just looked at it in their online store and I think the spirulina powder probably helps with exfoliation too. I've used a few of their soaps and loved them all!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's soo refreshing! Just looked at it in their online store and I think the spirulina powder probably helps with exfoliation too. I've used a few of their soaps and loved them all!
Such pretty packaging too

On the period delay tablets: I’ve used them twice, once for a beach holiday and again when I was due on the day I emigrated to New Zealand 😧. Had no issues while I was actually taking them and got the delayed period and the next one as normal, however both times the period after that one was over a week late. I kept getting the very mild cramps that I get the day before/day of my period but no actual period.

I’d use them again but waiting on that third period was so annoying. I didn’t dare go swimming or to the gym and got through so many ‘just in case’ pantyliners.
I might bite the bullet and ask the doc for them. My periods are awful anyway, and I tend to feel really sick through them. I do use a cup so it does make swimming etc possible. It’s more a question of if I have the ability, on holiday, to take pills 3x a day 🤣

I might bite the bullet and ask the doc for them. My periods are awful anyway, and I tend to feel really sick through them. I do use a cup so it does make swimming etc possible. It’s more a question of if I have the ability, on holiday, to take pills 3x a day 🤣
How do you find the cup? I’m really tempted to try but I just don’t know - a little bit of fear of the unknown!

How do you find the cup? I’m really tempted to try but I just don’t know - a little bit of fear of the unknown!
I used to use one years ago, back when a Mooncup was the only kind that existed. I much prefer them to tampons to be honest! Then I had a coil fitted and I didn’t need one anymore/they’re not recommended when you have one fitted. Now it’s been removed so I use cups again and period pants, which are brand new to me! It takes a little bit of getting used to, but once you figure out the best way to insert it properly you can’t feel that it’s in. They’re so much cheaper than they used to be, so I would say worth a punt!

I used to use one years ago, back when a Mooncup was the only kind that existed. I much prefer them to tampons to be honest! Then I had a coil fitted and I didn’t need one anymore/they’re not recommended when you have one fitted. Now it’s been removed so I use cups again and period pants, which are brand new to me! It takes a little bit of getting used to, but once you figure out the best way to insert it properly you can’t feel that it’s in. They’re so much cheaper than they used to be, so I would say worth a punt!
Similar to you, I’ve had the coil in for 5 years so getting it removed soon and I’ve realised period products have changed so much in that time! You’re not even supposed to throw tampons down the toilet anymore (or maybe you were never supposed to!)

Do you mind if I ask how you booked your appointment to get it removed, as it’s not a GP thing? Or did you book with the GP to then refer you to a nurse or something?

Ah I didn’t realise you shouldn’t use one with the coil? I have the coil fitted but still have periods (I’m just that unlucky) I really hate a tampon, I’ve tried organic which was slightly better but they aren’t as absorbent, the struggle of being a girl!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.