Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolute bleeping madness is all I can say to that. I’m so sorry you had to go through that.

I know Naga Munchetty was campaigning for a bit about pain relief for the coil, which is how I learnt that a lot of other people felt like I did (the opposite of what the doctor told me whilst it was happening) but I don’t know if anything came of it further. Women’s contraception is so fucked up.

Also sorry for derailing the thread with this chat and sorry to anyone affected by reading it!
I tried to spoiler my comment but couldn't work it out 😣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I read it as without! Yeah, it’s barbaric. I’ve never experienced anything like it before and never want to again.
---

Sorry, adding another reply to say going over by a little bit is fine. Just not a great idea to do over by more than 3 years as the GP was worried the strings would be brittle and at risk of breaking so went very slowly. Such fun. Coil 2 was technically removed a couple of months after the 5 year period was up due to appointment availability, and there was no such fears!
My first ever smear hurt so much that I passed out. My mum told me after that I should have seen a nurse rather than a dr as they’re more gentle 🥴 That made me really scared for my second one… it took the nurse AGES to do because I was so tense (and they lost my results). The third time, it was at my new doctors and I barely felt it.
The coil and implant make me shudder. I now inject myself and that doesn’t bother me at all.

bleeping hell what us women have to go through 😱 absolute horror stories!

Just wanted to drop in and say I’ve been using Victoria Secret body oil on my skin after a shower in the morning and my skin smells amazing! I spray a bit of extra perfume on whilst it’s still wet and I swear it makes me smell good all day!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Can you imagine if men suffered even a fraction of what we go through: periods, contraceptives, smears, child birth, miscarriages, hysterectomies, menopause… ffs we‘re a
bleeping warriors !

… and we’re hair removing and covering greys, and applying make up at the same time 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 30
@MissTeddy You are right. Although I console myself that most of them will never experience the utter joy of taking their bra off when they get home from work 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Again off topic but…..

I went to my gp to be sterilised after my husband bottled getting the snip 🙄

The gp gave me a real hard time about why I wanted to be sterilised and what would I do if my kids were all killed outright in an accident. I believe it’s because they can’t make any money off me by keeping on the pill, having the coil etc.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
My first ever smear hurt so much that I passed out. My mum told me after that I should have seen a nurse rather than a dr as they’re more gentle 🥴 That made me really scared for my second one… it took the nurse AGES to do because I was so tense (and they lost my results). The third time, it was at my new doctors and I barely felt it.
The coil and implant make me shudder. I now inject myself and that doesn’t bother me at all.
Eeeeeeek! My first smear was, thankfully, totally fine so I’ve never dreaded them but if it hadn’t have been an ok experience I really don’t know if I’d have gone back. I don’t think I could inject myself, which is a shame as I could do with jumping on the ozempic bandwagon as I’m hefty AF 🤣
---
Again off topic but…..

The gp gave me a real hard time about why I wanted to be sterilised and what would I do if my kids were all killed outright in an accident. I believe it’s because they can’t make any money off me by keeping on the pill, having the coil etc.
What in the what now?! So….. the automatic assumption is because you’re just a baby making factory rather than a woman and a mother that if, GOD FORBID, your kids were killed outright in an accident you’d just let out a small sigh and get right back to popping out babies? Holy tit.

Reactions: 16
Eeeeeeek! My first smear was, thankfully, totally fine so I’ve never dreaded them but if it hadn’t have been an ok experience I really don’t know if I’d have gone back. I don’t think I could inject myself, which is a shame as I could do with jumping on the ozempic bandwagon as I’m hefty AF 🤣
---

What in the what now?! So….. the automatic assumption is because you’re just a baby making factory rather than a woman and a mother that if, GOD FORBID, your kids were killed outright in an accident you’d just let out a small sigh and get right back to popping out babies? Holy tit.
That’s exactly how the convo went, she said well you’re still quite young you could start again! I said I’ll tell you now if my kids were killed I definitely wouldn’t want to be ‘replacing’ them.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
A hospital thought I might need a hysteroscopy (turned out I didn’t thank God), and whilst for some women it is okay, the research I did (including from nurses) was don’t have one without a general anaesthetic. They tell you to turn up after taking two ibuprofen but that does not touch the sides for pain. It is is the small print that you can ask for a GA but not widely publicised. For some women this is a brutal thing and telling you to pop a couple of generic pain is outrageous. I think there is a Twitter/X campaign trying to get that changed. It is just about getting you in and out quickly to save money, never mind the pain they can be causing you.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
After each child I've had I've had health care professionals proper try and push contraception onto me. No thank you. Oooo well if you don't want hormonal BC you can have the coil. Well I can't cause I don’t want it. Telling me I don't want to get pregnant again. Don't I? Have I said that?

Reactions: 8
Doctors hate a push back. I pushed back on an issue recently and the male doctor looked annoyed and then very startled when I asserted myself. I won. I was right.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just chiming in to say I have been pressured to go on birth control after each of my 3 pregnancies.

Birth control does not suit me. It affects my mental and physical state. My body is not happy when I am on it. No woman should be expected to go on it, it should not be the norm.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Spring capsule wardrobe advice:

ETA. Just watched the end and there is a client's wardrobe sorting out promised for next week! 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Again off topic but…..

Do they put these inappropriate questions to men seeking vasectomies I wonder?!?!

vasectomies aren’t risk free - one of my mums friends husband had one, there was an infection , he nearly died and he now has massive problems (she wouldn’t say what exactly she didn’t want to embarrass him) sexually.

• Sad
I had my daughter at 19 and have asked every year to have my tubes tied, I’m now almost 33 still no further forward, they tell me every year to come back in a year if I still feel the same. I now have the coil fitted and I hate it. I assume they’re expecting me to either come back pregnant or just not all so they can say they were right. They’re quite happy to give my boyfriend the snip though and the last few times asked if I need an appointment for him instead. I’m overjoyed that in the eyes of my doctor my partners sex life is more important than mine if we were to split.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Re the coil - my friends got lost...it was due out just as we went into lockdown. 3 years later she finally goes to have it out and they can't find it. Lots of tests later and it's somewhere completely different!
She had to have an operation to remove it.
I didn't have one in the end but after my daughter was born I felt the gp and contraceptive nurse were really pushy about me having the coil. I stood my ground though and said I'd rather go back on the pill
As it agrees with me.

I brought the revolution miracle cream which is meant to be a CT dupe but I didn't like it, its too fragrant and my skin just didn't get on with it.

Is there a UK equivalent for panoxyl face wash? I'm on medication that makes me sweat alot and I always smell like BO even though I shower every day, wear Deodorant and clean clothes. I've read panoxyl can help but it's only avaliable in the US or via iherb and I don't really wanna spent £5 delivery!
I think Ancecide is supposed to be similar. It's only 5% benzoyl peroxide though.

Bit of a rogue one here, but I'm going to Wales at the end of the month to walk Snowdon with Mr Mog - what clothing do I wear to walk a mountain? 😂😂 I have some hiking shoes already, but I'm unsure on layers / trousers and no one I know (female wise) has done the walk !!
Love you all <3

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.