Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what's everyone holy grail holiday glow up tips?!

Going to Spain in June with the in-laws, it's my first holiday abroad with them and first holiday abroad in about 7 years. I am 1 year pp so not exactly feeling comfortable within myself and my body as it is, so have started to eat better and move more to try and shift some baby weight. But aside from that I am a pale, natural red head and grew up in a household where self-care has never really been a priority so I am a complete novice to all of this. If anything I am currently filled with more dread about this holiday as opposed to excitement :cry:
Invest in a swimsuit you feel good in! I remember in December some tattlers mentioned they'd found some cute ones on Next. Also plan for a colour palette for your clothes so everything coordinates. That way you'll be able to pack less but also have plenty of outfit options! Whatever colours make you feel your best. Wardrobe related, if you buy new sandals or sneakers for the trip, break them in at home first - nothing worse than holiday blisters!

I definitely second the recommendation to get a lash lift and your nails done before your holiday. Maybe also plan a haircut in the month before?

My sister (also pale and a redhead) uses a gradual tanner in the lead up to a hot holiday, as it's a bit less intense than a normal tan. I think she likes the Dove and Garnier gradual tanners? Some can go a bit orange though, so might be worth trying a few now when it is cold and any streaks will be hidden by winter layers :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
As a fellow pale person I use the garnier summer body every 2-3 days with loads of moisturiser in between. For my face I put a tiny amount of the isle of paradise face drops in my face cream but the garnier body is fine occasionally too I think

Reactions: 4
Sounds silly but how do people colour analyse themselves to find out what colour palette you belong to?
My veins are greeny/blue in my arms, my hair and eyes are both brown and pale complexion and just feel so lost! I mostly wear black/dark but feel so washed out all of the time!!

Reactions: 1
Also a pale person here, I find the Bondi Sands gradual tanner in the blue bottle gives a lovely natural, olive toned tan without any orange.
But also, there is nothing wrong with embracing the paleness. Make sure to get a good spf and test it so you know you aren't allergic or anything.

Reactions: 2
what's everyone holy grail holiday glow up tips?!

Going to Spain in June with the in-laws, it's my first holiday abroad with them and first holiday abroad in about 7 years. I am 1 year pp so not exactly feeling comfortable within myself and my body as it is, so have started to eat better and move more to try and shift some baby weight. But aside from that I am a pale, natural red head and grew up in a household where self-care has never really been a priority so I am a complete novice to all of this. If anything I am currently filled with more dread about this holiday as opposed to excitement :cry:
Not so much a glow up tip maybe but this has helped me in the past:

start moisturising your body slowly. Pay attention to the things that you like and don’t like. I find that when I do this, I like my body more. I’m 2 weeks post parfum and this helped me in pregnancy and now too. Maybe you’ll start to feel beter about yourself.

Sounds silly but how do people colour analyse themselves to find out what colour palette you belong to?
My veins are greeny/blue in my arms, my hair and eyes are both brown and pale complexion and just feel so lost! I mostly wear black/dark but feel so washed out all of the time!!
This fascinates me. I'm same colouring as you and used to wear a lot of black but it no longer suits me. My friends tell me to stop wearing grey and to wear more bright colours. So I started watching a few colour people on You Tube.
So far I've worked out that I might be a winter or summer. Winter colours are around us at the moment and you have to think is it more blue based when you look at a colour. Summer colours are more grey based. Autumn colours are more yellow I think and I'm not sure about Spring. 🤔
It also seems that make up is aimed towards Summer and Autumn's and as make up makes me look washed out I would probably have to end up guessing I'm a bright winter 🤷
You could be a neutral. Maybe I am as well as I can't work out my vein colour. Anyway here's a few sites I've looked at that might help.

I like how this lady puts colours together. Think she's a summer but could be wrong

Have a nosy on these sites and you might work out your colours. Going grey has an effect so have a look at those videos if you're in that age group.
I think you have to ask yourself who you see first, you or the colour, if it's not you then the colour could be too intense for you or just not your colour.
I spend time on the Tattle Fashion Police forum trying to decide if I see the outfit colour or the person first. 😁

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
This fascinates me. I'm same colouring as you and used to wear a lot of black but it no longer suits me. My friends tell me to stop wearing grey and to wear more bright colours. So I started watching a few colour people on You Tube.
So far I've worked out that I might be a winter or summer. Winter colours are around us at the moment and you have to think is it more blue based when you look at a colour. Summer colours are more grey based. Autumn colours are more yellow I think and I'm not sure about Spring. 🤔
It also seems that make up is aimed towards Summer and Autumn's and as make up makes me look washed out I would probably have to end up guessing I'm a bright winter 🤷
You could be a neutral. Maybe I am as well as I can't work out my vein colour. Anyway here's a few sites I've looked at that might help.

I like how this lady puts colours together. Think she's a summer but could be wrong

Have a nosy on these sites and you might work out your colours. Going grey has an effect so have a look at those videos if you're in that age group.
I think you have to ask yourself who you see first you or the colour if it's not you then the colour could be too intense for you or just not your colour.
I spend time on the Tattle Fashion Police forum trying to decide if I see the outfit colour or the person first. 😁
Thats amazing thank you so much! I will definitely check the videos out and try work it out.
I never used to wear dark colours ever!!! (Except my work uniform) but now even my every day clothes are all dark and I'm not vibing with it!

Reactions: 3
No offence intended, but are these pics genuinely of the same person?
Sorry for the slow reply, tried to be more 'present' this weekend! Yes they're both of me but one is my left and one is my right brow. Stupidly didn't take any 'before' pics and this is the best I had. Feel like they are so so unruly right now but sticking with it as I know if I go get threading done now they'll take all the regrowth off as it isn't thick enough yet!

Agree with the gradual tan recs - the blue bondi one is fab and doesn't smell. I found the drops of paradise ones stained my hand towel though.

I think colour analysis is a scam haha. Well not colour analysis in general, but all the seasons and people on social media being experts. They'll post about a celebrity being a certain season and then everyone in the comments has completely different opinion on what season that person is and it's all no she's deep autumn, no she's bright winter 🤣 I don't actually fall into any of the seasons and neither does anyone I know 😅 just know what colours I feel best in general and that's enough.
---
As a fellow pale person I use the garnier summer body every 2-3 days with loads of moisturiser in between. For my face I put a tiny amount of the isle of paradise face drops in my face cream but the garnier body is fine occasionally too I think
Are these the best face drops to get? I'm looking to get some soon

@Icbaaaa I follow a woman called StyleMeHappy on instagram and got mine done with her, I had loads of compliments since I've started wearing my best colours

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Francesca Cairns is good on insta too.

This might be a good starting point for people to help find out themsevles... if you suit gold jewellery, you're warm-toned. If you suit silver jewellery, you're cool-toned. If you suit both, you're neutral (which I think will mean you can cross seasons).

If you're warm toned (and therefore suit warmer colours), you would be either Autumn or Spring.
If you're cool toned (and therefore suit cooler colours), you'll be either Summer or Winter.
If you're neutral toned (I think) it means you could wear Winter and Autumn colours for example.

After that I get a bit confused between the differences as it also goes into sub-seasons 🤯 but hopefully the above helps to narrow it down.

We had a lot of chat about it on this thread too -

Echo'ing what @Chocolategoggler said, it's about whether you see yourself or the colour first (you're meant to see yourself).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Francesca Cairns is good on insta too.

This might be a good starting point for people to help find out themsevles... if you suit gold jewellery, you're warm-toned. If you suit silver jewellery, you're cool-toned. If you suit both, you're neutral (which I think will mean you can cross seasons).

If you're warm toned (and therefore suit warmer colours), you would be either Autumn or Spring.
If you're cool toned (and therefore suit cooler colours), you'll be either Summer or Winter.
If you're neutral toned (I think) it means you could wear Winter and Autumn colours for example.

After that I get a bit confused between the differences as it also goes into sub-seasons 🤯 but hopefully the above helps to narrow it down.

We had a lot of chat about it on this thread too -

Echo'ing what @Chocolategoggler said, it's about whether you see yourself or the colour first (you're meant to see yourself).
Going further on from this I expect we all know someone who we think is perfect. However, we can't put our finger on why or recall any of their clothes in particular, (apart from bags and possibly shoes).
I used to work with one and I used to be forever asking myself what she was doing right !🤷
Now looking back years later I can see she was wearing her perfect colours in hair, makeup, clothes and accessories.

This is fast becoming my favourite thread, I have another question. Has anyone used this and got on with it? Got to admit I was influenced by social media to purchase it and I have been left very disappointed. It’s so cakey and drys me out something rotten, to the point where my face cracks and looks like the skin is peeling off. I’ve tried buffing with my hands, buffing on my hand before applying, I’ve tried mixing it with an array of productions, I’ve tried setting power, I’ve tried none. Nothing I do is helping!

Attachments

Reactions: 3
This is fast becoming my favourite thread, I have another question. Has anyone used this and got on with it? Got to admit I was influenced by social media to purchase it and I have been left very disappointed. It’s so cakey and drys me out something rotten, to the point where my face cracks and looks like the skin is peeling off. I’ve tried buffing with my hands, buffing on my hand before applying, I’ve tried mixing it with an array of productions, I’ve tried setting power, I’ve tried none. Nothing I do is helping!
I quite liked it for a short while, I have dry and dehydrated skin but always use a lot of moisturiser and face oil. The problem with it was the whole tube oxidised horribly before I got even a quarter way through and had to bin it.

Has anyone tried wall Pilates? I keep getting targeted ads pop up on my Instagram and I’ve got to say I’m tempted! Could be a load of rubbish though so would to hear your guys experiences!

Reactions: 5
I got it post holiday so darker than my normal shade and really liked it…but only got about 4 weeks out of it before I was too pale again 😂

Has anyone tried wall Pilates? I keep getting targeted ads pop up on my Instagram and I’ve got to say I’m tempted! Could be a load of rubbish though so would to hear your guys experiences!
Real Pilates is great. Wall Pilates is not Pilates. No idea if it’s any good but it’s not Pilates.

Jones Road baumes/balms whatever you call them.
Comments please
Have purchased a Revolution dupe...not sure I'm going to like it but wanted to try. The reviews of JR are do mixed and I figured I will use as a lipbalm if I don't like

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.