Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What kind of scent do you like and what price range? I use to work on the fragrance counter in boots so may have a few suggestions!

I like sweeter scents and I'm currently wearing Mark Jacobs daisy love eau so sweet
I’m a Jo Malone girl, my favourite is Pomegranate Noir, but I always have at least one other. But since they have been bought out I find the scents are the same but don’t last as long.
And I need a change.
I fancy something a bit spicy but not heavy. What do you recommend?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’m a Jo Malone girl, my favourite is Pomegranate Noir, but I always have at least one other. But since they have been bought out I find the scents are the same but don’t last as long.
And I need a change.
I fancy something a bit spicy but not heavy. What do you recommend?
My first thought would be armani code or Calvin Klein eternity.

A cheaper option could be ghost night.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Excited to read this! I’m having my first treatment on 3 Feb! I’m 37 and hoping it will brighten my skin up, hydrate, and help fine lines. Does it also help blemishes? X
I think it did! I actually saw results after the first treatment but after the 2nd it's really noticeable. I even feel like it's firmed my skin up. Make sure you take a makeup free picture before your first treatment then you can compare. I didn't and I'm gutted!!

What kind of scent do you like and what price range? I use to work on the fragrance counter in boots so may have a few suggestions!

I like sweeter scents and I'm currently wearing Mark Jacobs daisy love eau so sweet
I’m acctually unsure, I love YSL black opium & I used to love alien (until my boyfriend said I smelt like his ex - we’ve clearly got the same taste 😂) I don’t like a pomegranate noir, and I don’t really like anything floral like the Gucci in the pastel bottles! Recently just smelt a YSL libre which I like but not enough to justify the price. I got a gift card from work for Christmas (£100) which im Wanting to use

I think it did! I actually saw results after the first treatment but after the 2nd it's really noticeable. I even feel like it's firmed my skin up. Make sure you take a makeup free picture before your first treatment then you can compare. I didn't and I'm gutted!!
Thanks so much! Really excited! Seen so many good reviews. What would you say the main benefit has been? X

Thanks so much! Really excited! Seen so many good reviews. What would you say the main benefit has been? X
I look fresh. If that makes any sense. Skin looks healthy and glowy.
I'm now deciding between a lash lift and tint or extensions so I can go makeup free more often.

• Heart
Can anyone recommend anything that will dry my scalp up a bit? I have really oily scalp and I’d love to dry it up 🤣

I look fresh. If that makes any sense. Skin looks healthy and glowy.
I'm now deciding between a lash lift and tint or extensions so I can go makeup free more often.
I can really recommend LVL lashes. They enhance your natural lashes and definitely help you look more “done” without make up. I found lash extensions really damaged my natural lashes and I’d never get them done again.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What’s everyone’s go to daily perfume/sprays. I was in home bargains yesterday and a girl walked past me and smelt so good, I wish I’d stopped her and asked what she was wearing. I usually wear a gardina from Zara for daily use!
I rotate between two from the M&S Discover line, Spiced Amber and Spiced Bergamot. Apparently the line has some dupes for high end fragrances but I've no idea. They smell last, last well on me and they're cheap!

• Heart
I’m acctually unsure, I love YSL black opium & I used to love alien (until my boyfriend said I smelt like his ex - we’ve clearly got the same taste 😂) I don’t like a pomegranate noir, and I don’t really like anything floral like the Gucci in the pastel bottles! Recently just smelt a YSL libre which I like but not enough to justify the price. I got a gift card from work for Christmas (£100) which im Wanting to use
Oh boy, Alien isn't one I'm too good with as it gives me a headache and I'd have to move to the other side of the floor when someone had sprayed it!

That being said maybe Tom Ford Velvet Orchid. But of a wild card would be Stella McCartney Stella, it's heavy like alien and has the same base.

You could also try to hunt out a summer version of alien as it would be similar but not like your boyfriends ex!

• Heart
I love Black Opium and also love Tom Ford Café Rose, Lancome La Vie Est Belle, oh and Kenzo Flower which got a mention on this thread in recent days - it's powdery and not a typical floral, well worth a sniff!

• Heart
Can anyone recommend anything that will dry my scalp up a bit? I have really oily scalp and I’d love to dry it up 🤣
reducing the temperature of showers made a huge difference to me
---
I can really recommend LVL lashes. They enhance your natural lashes and definitely help you look more “done” without make up. I found lash extensions really damaged my natural lashes and I’d never get them done again.
a good lash serum too - takes a couple of months to work but loads of people comment. I use NYX off Amazon.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know or has used anything for acne on your bum/buttocks? If I wear a bikini, swim suit or brief underwear you can't see it, but I still know it's there and am self conscious about it. Over the years I was told it was normal, office job, wearing tights, sitting all day etc. But surely there has to be something that can help?

Does anyone know or has used anything for acne on your bum/buttocks? If I wear a bikini, swim suit or brief underwear you can't see it, but I still know it's there and am self conscious about it. Over the years I was told it was normal, office job, wearing tights, sitting all day etc. But surely there has to be something that can help?
Lush used to do a bar called buffy, it was amazing for this!
Edit - they still do! Was called buffy the backside slayer to start with

• Haha
Reactions: 15
BHAs. Like Glow Tonic etc. just let dry before clothes and build up. Also good for ingrown hairs but definitely avoid non-skin (bumhole/genitals to be blunt!)

Yeah I used to be addicted to fake lashes but they ruined my natural ones. Now I look back on photos and think how awful they looked on me (some can look really natural but they just didn’t suit my face). I’ve been using Revitalash serum on my lashes for about 6 months and I’m constantly getting comments on them even when I have no make up on. They are darker as well as so full and long. It’s not a cheap serum but definitely definitely worth the money. Curl them and then a tiny bit of mascara and they look amazing. You have to be consistent though so at least once a day. And a little goes a long way.

I rotate between two from the M&S Discover line, Spiced Amber and Spiced Bergamot. Apparently the line has some dupes for high end fragrances but I've no idea. They smell last, last well on me and they're cheap!
Definitely second M&S discover perfumes. I really like the pink pepper and wild mandarin scents.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
what's everyone holy grail holiday glow up tips?!

Going to Spain in June with the in-laws, it's my first holiday abroad with them and first holiday abroad in about 7 years. I am 1 year pp so not exactly feeling comfortable within myself and my body as it is, so have started to eat better and move more to try and shift some baby weight. But aside from that I am a pale, natural red head and grew up in a household where self-care has never really been a priority so I am a complete novice to all of this. If anything I am currently filled with more dread about this holiday as opposed to excitement :cry:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
what's everyone holy grail holiday glow up tips?!

Going to Spain in June with the in-laws, it's my first holiday abroad with them and first holiday abroad in about 7 years. I am 1 year pp so not exactly feeling comfortable within myself and my body as it is, so have started to eat better and move more to try and shift some baby weight. But aside from that I am a pale, natural red head and grew up in a household where self-care has never really been a priority so I am a complete novice to all of this. If anything I am currently filled with more dread about this holiday as opposed to excitement :cry:
I'd absolutely recommend a lash lift and tint.
Maybe a manicure and pedicure too. One other thing I treat myself to before a holiday abroad is a fill body exfoliation scrub at a local salon. It feels like a lovely little pamper and gets your skin smooth and ready for the sun.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.