Favourite perfumes #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
YSL Libre for me today, wore it the other day and it's the first time I got complimented on a perfume 😯 went home and ordered a full size 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I used to like Armani. It was literally just called Armani and came in a black and clear glass rectangular bottle. This was in the late 90s/early 00s. I can't even find a picture of it online.

ETA found it - it's the one on the right but the bottle was in the black plastic container on the right.

1703175322567.png
1703175322567.png

I'm wearing Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Emeralds. Probably a bit mature for me I my 30s but I really like it! Smells like syrupy cooked peaches and tuberose.

Reactions: 5
Just received the Noted Aroma’s dupe for YSL Libre- having never smelled the proper one but saw it recommended (for my starsign on a TikTok- I was exhausted & influenced 😂) I really like it, will need to smell the real stuff soon!

Reactions: 3
Did anyone receive any perfume for Xmas? I received another bottle of Miss Dior as it’s nearly empty ( I know it gets slated for being crap on social media but I really like it).

I also received the Victoria Beckham discovery set so looking forward to giving them a try.

Reactions: 1
My sister wears Miss Dior and gets complimented all the time on how lovely she smells. Some people really suit it
It smells not so good on me. Chanel No 5 smells positively horrible on me too. My favourite perfumes are from a few niche perfume makers which makes them even more hideously expensive and no dupes available. My favourites at the moment are;
Red Queen from 4160 Tuesdays which smells sort of like rose and when you open a new packet of raisins.
Peony Couture by Vilhelm Parfumerie. Just floral mania. I love it
Old but goodie- Anna Sui by Anna Sui. In the black and clear bottle. Smells of violets and faintly like your granny's dressing table.

I really miss Lush's Potion in the solid form Carnations Rose and Tangerine. It was so good and because Lush are absolute shitbags they discontinued it years ago.

I got YSL Libre (I prefer how the Platine one smells or me but I'm grateful that I got a 100ml bottle of the standard one as they're not cheap) and Burberry Goddess.

Goddess was a blind request for me based on the notes on Frahrantica. I really like it. It reminds me of the smell of Imperial Leather soap, which I love, although might not be an appealing comparison to a lot of people. It's lavendery and vanilla but not cloying, just a nice, comforting smell. Longevity isn't great though, I can't smell it on me by the end of the day.

Meanwhile I just put one spray of Libre on my wrist and now my glass of wine tastes like it. I love YSL fragrances though, my all time favourite is Cinema, I just adore it, it's like... a grown up smell without being basic or old lady and isn't quite like anything else (except the sadly discontinued Trouble by Boucheron which was similar-but-better IMO), close second is Manifesto.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wearing Halfeti - Penhaligons today. This is a power house of a perfume. I love it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I got YSL Libre (I prefer how the Platine one smells or me but I'm grateful that I got a 100ml bottle of the standard one as they're not cheap) and Burberry Goddess.

Goddess was a blind request for me based on the notes on Frahrantica. I really like it. It reminds me of the smell of Imperial Leather soap, which I love, although might not be an appealing comparison to a lot of people. It's lavendery and vanilla but not cloying, just a nice, comforting smell. Longevity isn't great though, I can't smell it on me by the end of the day.

Meanwhile I just put one spray of Libre on my wrist and now my glass of wine tastes like it. I love YSL fragrances though, my all time favourite is Cinema, I just adore it, it's like... a grown up smell without being basic or old lady and isn't quite like anything else (except the sadly discontinued Trouble by Boucheron which was similar-but-better IMO), close second is Manifesto.
YSL Cinema is my favorite too. I'm looking to buy it again but I'm confused bc there is 2 places I could buy from, Boots & Brown Thomas. Both have it listed but they list different fragrance notes on each site..... Brown Thomas sounds like it matches the smell I remember and Boots sounds different, but IDK if it's just a mistake or 🤷‍♀️ . Any advise? Also I can't go to store to test it unfortunately.

Did you check it against the notes in Fragrantica?
Just checked that now. Brown Thomas description matches way more with Fragrantica. Boots description is way off with nothing in common. There is only a €10 difference in price so BT it is. Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
YSL Cinema is my favorite too. I'm looking to buy it again but I'm confused bc there is 2 places I could buy from, Boots & Brown Thomas. Both have it listed but they list different fragrance notes on each site..... Brown Thomas sounds like it matches the smell I remember and Boots sounds different, but IDK if it's just a mistake or 🤷‍♀️ . Any advise? Also I can't go to store to test it unfortunately.
I suspect they're the same product, and Boots got the notes wrong.

It can be hard to get hold of. I went to the YSL counter in the Trafford Centre and asked why, and basically they don't produce huge quantities of it and only sell at flagship YSL counters because it's not that popular. He basically said they keep it going for people like us, it has a hardcore fan base who love it. I wound be devastated if it was discontinued!

Reactions: 2
I suspect they're the same product, and Boots got the notes wrong.

It can be hard to get hold of. I went to the YSL counter in the Trafford Centre and asked why, and basically they don't produce huge quantities of it and only sell at flagship YSL counters because it's not that popular. He basically said they keep it going for people like us, it has a hardcore fan base who love it. I wound be devastated if it was discontinued!
I've never tried it but tempted to try it now and see if I like it 🤣

It's so sad when perfume you love is discontinued

• Heart