Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Likely roaccutane, yes.
If you can, I would give it a shot to visit an aesthetician that specializes in skin barrier health (mine does, I'd try to look for a salon that uses Reviderm, they seem to have people specializing in it), as they can help with gentle extractions to help against more cystic breakouts and also to help your skin through the roaccutane, it's not joke unfortunately that it is really hard on the skin as well.
The consultant dermatologist on this had some useful advice on the different types of acne and treatment. You'll need a pen and paper.
She also made me think more carefully about using skincare products.
I nearly got put on Roaccutane and I'm glad I didn't go on it after the effect it had on a sibling.
As I said before the things that sorted mine were zinc tablets and AHA's in a cream.

Reactions: 1
I currently resemble ms trunchball on the daily. So I am making it my mission this weekend to start building up a self care routine. Not just my face but body and hair as I feel yucky.
I have been getting the monthly look fantastic boxes and lots in it I want to try so this weekend is the start of the new me 🤣🤞🏽
This is me too! Washed my hair yesterday in prep woke up today with some kind of stomach bug 😂 love that for me!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I was going to suggest you try tretinoin first but it’s a slow enough burner and if you are anything like I was when I had reallllly bad acne you just want to start seeing improvements. Roacutane is still hands down one of the best things I ever did for my skin and my mental health tbh. I luckily didn’t suffer any ill effects from it but within a week of taking it I could see a change in my skin and I very luckily got away with no scars too. Best of luck with whatever you decide x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone know of any 'cures' for cystic acne please? Feel like no matter now much grooming and polishing I do, I still look like a scruff bag because of my bleeping cysts. They love to pop up on my chin and sometimes elsewhere on my face too. Have tried azaleic acid, skin and me, adapalene, antibiotics, benzyl peroxide... is roaccutane my only option now?
I get this if I have dairy (weirdly fine with butter, though - maybe due less volume consumed). I absolutely second the retinol advice but it also might be worth looking at your wider diet, sugar, stress etc

Girls, I need your help, shellac isn’t lasting on me, I’m not particularly heavy handed but I’ve been to a couple of techs now I it’s the same situ. Would biab be stronger? Is it like an acrylic layer?
Thank you 💜

Girls, I need your help, shellac isn’t lasting on me, I’m not particularly heavy handed but I’ve been to a couple of techs now I it’s the same situ. Would biab be stronger? Is it like an acrylic layer?
Thank you 💜
Gel polish doesn’t last on me either. With BIAB it does! It’s like a rubber base and it’s like an extra layer that protects the natural nail. I would definitely try it if you can :)

Gel polish doesn’t last on me either. With BIAB it does! It’s like a rubber base and it’s like an extra layer that protects the natural nail. I would definitely try it if you can :)
Just adding to this - I used to be a chronic nail biter, then I went through an acrylics phase so my nails were in a terrible state, I did a year (pretty much) of BIAB and had it removed two weeks ago (trying to save a bit of money) and my nails are in SUCH good condition. BIAB has really helped keep them thick and healthy.

• Heart
The weekly Baggott

Edit - had to remove link. It is behind a paywall which normally I can get round, but not today.

What’s everyone’s go to daily perfume/sprays. I was in home bargains yesterday and a girl walked past me and smelt so good, I wish I’d stopped her and asked what she was wearing. I usually wear a gardina from Zara for daily use!

What’s everyone’s go to daily perfume/sprays. I was in home bargains yesterday and a girl walked past me and smelt so good, I wish I’d stopped her and asked what she was wearing. I usually wear a gardina from Zara for daily use!
I rotate Lovely by SJP, Glossier You, and Hugo Boss Deep Red for my dailies. You will always be around £50 but the other two are always on offer. Deep Red lasts the longest on me.

• Heart
Honestly do the love Zara’s (red temptation, rose gourmand, cherry smoothie and velvet shadow are my faves) for everyday. I have a massive perfume collection (need to stop buying in 2024) and I find fragrantica great for researching new perfumes and the reviews often sway me away from certain ones.

They have helpful notes on how long the perfumes last and also what perfumes other people that enjoyed that perfume like, so you get an idea of their taste profiles.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Honestly do the love Zara’s (red temptation, rose gourmand, cherry smoothie and velvet shadow are my faves) for everyday. I have a massive perfume collection (need to stop buying in 2024) and I find fragrantica great for researching new perfumes and the reviews often sway me away from certain ones.

They have helpful notes on how long the perfumes last and also what perfumes other people that enjoyed that perfume like, so you get an idea of their taste profiles.
Thank you so much, I’ve never heard of it! Will have a look

I use Kenzo Flower daily. I’ve been using it for about 15 years and it just has the nicest fresh and almost soapy - but not horrid - fragrance. For fancy day occasions I like Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede, and my evening perfume is the Jo Malone intense (black bottles) Tuberose Angelica. I have recently found Byredo Blanche which I like. I got a Byredo Taster set as a gift and have been trying out some different scents

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Everyday I rotate between: Zara Applejuice, Ariana Grande Pink Cloud, Sol de Janeiro 40 or 68, Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy or Armani Diamonds (all depending on seasons)

What kind of scent do you like and what price range? I use to work on the fragrance counter in boots so may have a few suggestions!

I like sweeter scents and I'm currently wearing Mark Jacobs daisy love eau so sweet

• Heart
I had my second booster of Seventy Hyal last week and I am glowwwwiiiiinnngg. I've actually gone out without make up on twice. I haven't done so in 15 years. I cannot wait to see the results after my 3rd booster in Feb and then after that she recommended to up keep it with a 6 monthly booster. 100% recommend 🙌🏻

I had my second booster of Seventy Hyal last week and I am glowwwwiiiiinnngg. I've actually gone out without make up on twice. I haven't done so in 15 years. I cannot wait to see the results after my 3rd booster in Feb and then after that she recommended to up keep it with a 6 monthly booster. 100% recommend 🙌🏻
Excited to read this! I’m having my first treatment on 3 Feb! I’m 37 and hoping it will brighten my skin up, hydrate, and help fine lines. Does it also help blemishes? X

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.