Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone from the Do I want it? No. thread sees me here asking this - no you didn't.

😭 has anyone tried the new Maybelline mascara in burgundy? What is the actual colour like on the lashes if so? I am fed up of buying brown mascaras only for them to look black! I've tried Maybelline x2, Too Faced and YSL and they all look black but when I remove it, it's brown on the cotton pad. Just wondering if the burgundy has a nicer colour effect
(Responding to a blank post 😆) I haven’t tried that one but am tempted! I’ve used a Chanel brown mascara before that was actually brown too. Shame about all those others though! Are your lashes dark naturally? I wonder if that’s why the brown mascaras look black on?

Reactions: 2
(Responding to a blank post 😆) I haven’t tried that one but am tempted! I’ve used a Chanel brown mascara before that was actually brown too. Shame about all those others though! Are your lashes dark naturally? I wonder if that’s why the brown mascaras look black on?
I am quite fair with the light hairs but since using lash serums they have gone thicker and darker. But generally they aren't dark naturally so I would have thought brown mascara would be perfect for me.

I did get a £50 Boots voucher when I left my last job so technically if I was to buy it, and it's on 3 for 2, I'm not spending my own money (yes I'm justifying it as I'm too active in the other thread to not be held accountable 🤣🤣)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Fuming, saw this massive refill bottle of the L’occitane almond oil on vinted for £8!!! Snatched it up really quick and then she cancelled my order because she realised she listed it too cheap 😔🥲

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I didn’t use one for years what I do now is use those exfoliating gloves with my shower gel maybe every second shower and saves me making a further purchase
I do this too! I use a shower oil and my skin je never been so soft

Reactions: 3
Can anyone recommend a good body scrub?
I really like the Ouai one but it is expensive, doubles as a scalp scrub too. As the others have said I use a silicone scrubber too with my regular shower gel and scrub and find that amazing at really buffing the skin.

I currently resemble ms trunchball on the daily. So I am making it my mission this weekend to start building up a self care routine. Not just my face but body and hair as I feel yucky.
I have been getting the monthly look fantastic boxes and lots in it I want to try so this weekend is the start of the new me 🤣🤞🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks everyone I will get some exfoliating gloves today and give it a try ❤ Saves me spending more money too which is a bonus 🙌🏻

Thanks everyone I will get some exfoliating gloves today and give it a try ❤ Saves me spending more money too which is a bonus 🙌🏻
Hey I actually use a La Roche-Posay shower gel that is antibacterial and gently cleansing and since using it I haven't needed to do any of the more abrasive exfoliating. I had a serious issue with Keratosis pilaris and ingrown hairs (all started by bloody Estrid razors 🤬) and the more I attacked the worse it got. It's only when I focused on repairing my skins barrier that things improved dramatically!
A poster here recommend that shower gel and it has improved a sight since!! ❤ Just something to think about!

Here is the one I got:
Screenshot_20240112-094415.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Hey I actually use a La Roche-Posay shower gel that is antibacterial and gently cleansing and since using it I haven't needed to do any of the more abrasive exfoliating. I had a serious issue with Keratosis pilaris and ingrown hairs (all started by bloody Estrid razors 🤬) and the more I attacked the worse it got. It's only when I focused on repairing my skins barrier that things improved dramatically!
A poster here recommend that shower gel and it has improved a sight since!! ❤ Just something to think about!

Here is the one I got:
View attachment 2684046
Fab thank you, I love La Roche Posay I use the effaclar cleanser and my skin has never looked better so will definitely give this a try!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Here is the one I got:
View attachment 2684046
Just an FYI as I know you’re on the other thread, but LRP is owned by L’Oreal who are on the boycott list 🥹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Just an FYI as I know you’re on the other thread, but LRP is owned by L’Oreal who are on the boycott list 🥹
Well I bought two bottles months ago so hopefully by the time it's all used up my skin will be perfect and I won't have to worry about what I use on my skin! I'm alternating with Trilogy Rosehip oil wash too!! I think that's ethical!!

Edited to add Trilogy isn't on the boycott list I have at least!

Last edited:
I've recently purchased Revlon One Step Style Booster, it might be the best money I have spent hair styling wise.

Initially I had purchased the One Step Volumizer but I was very underwhelmed. The brush is massive, quite loud and it barely does anything, at least that was my experience from one try, so it was returned. The Style Booster is so good. I have long, thick, straight hair with a slight wave, so the frizz is real after each shower. This really gives a salon blowdry. And I can't ever work a round brush on its own, so I was shocked that I could use this with little to no blowdrying dexterity. As the poster child of 'cannot be bothered' I'd highly recommend.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know of any 'cures' for cystic acne please? Feel like no matter now much grooming and polishing I do, I still look like a scruff bag because of my bleeping cysts. They love to pop up on my chin and sometimes elsewhere on my face too. Have tried azaleic acid, skin and me, adapalene, antibiotics, benzyl peroxide... is roaccutane my only option now?

• Sad
Does anyone know of any 'cures' for cystic acne please? Feel like no matter now much grooming and polishing I do, I still look like a scruff bag because of my bleeping cysts. They love to pop up on my chin and sometimes elsewhere on my face too. Have tried azaleic acid, skin and me, adapalene, antibiotics, benzyl peroxide... is roaccutane my only option now?
Sorry to say but roaccutane was the only thing that worked for me. I honestly don't believe anything else works or maintains long term. If you're able to get your hands on Tretinoin that might work? But it's not so easy in the UK

• Heart
Likely roaccutane, yes.
If you can, I would give it a shot to visit an aesthetician that specializes in skin barrier health (mine does, I'd try to look for a salon that uses Reviderm, they seem to have people specializing in it), as they can help with gentle extractions to help against more cystic breakouts and also to help your skin through the roaccutane, it's not joke unfortunately that it is really hard on the skin as well.

• Heart
Sorry to say but roaccutane was the only thing that worked for me. I honestly don't believe anything else works or maintains long term. If you're able to get your hands on Tretinoin that might work? But it's not so easy in the UK
My Skin+Me sub had tret in but they definitely upped my dose too quickly and my face peeled off (exaggeration but only slightly). Good to hear more positive stories about roaccutane!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My Skin+Me sub had tret in but they definitely upped my dose too quickly and my face peeled off (exaggeration but only slightly). Good to hear more positive stories about roaccutane!
I would say if you are referred for roaccutane, 100% go for it. It was the best thing I ever did and even though there are so many side effects/horror stories, I personally didn't experience any (bad) side effects and it fully cured me. If it's cystic and hurting you, really push for it!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.