Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeh that sounds pretty pointless I have to say. Once you put stuff in it weighs it down anyway and as someone else mentioned what if you get a leak? Recipe for distaster.

Reactions: 4
Really does sound like 5-Minutes-Craft type of mess to happen, plus, who would want to damage their bin, get out the vacuum, and faff around with it for a task that literally takes less than five seconds normally? It takes me longer to get the vacuum!
___

Does anyone have tips for the drain of a walk-in shower? I swear the thing is the bane of my existence! The shower is floor level and the drain itself is a long metal thing at one side (like this, not the same one, but it looks similar). I take the top off at a minimum every two weeks because it gets nasty inside. Especially the edges have a lot of dirt, wet fluff accumulates and the actual drain itself also gets nasty fast and I need to remove a lot of hair :sick:
We are two long-haired adults who wash their hair every day, so it's not like the thing doesn't see water often. I personally suspect that the floor isn't tilted enough for this to work well so there's not enough water flow to really rinse stuff away. But maybe someone here has a tip other than constantly cleaning it?

have to be honest i mentioned the bin thing bc i didn't quite understand it either, hence why i've not rushed to try it :LOL:

• Haha
Loving this new thread and currently reading all of your tips.

Mines are:

1. I buy quality home items. I used to buy a lot on economy stores but noticed that my home looked like a .99 cent store so I got rid of almost everything and started from almost 0. Nice curtains are really a game changer, white-creamy-graish colors only. Cotton/linen quality.

2. Avoid plastic at all cost. Wood, stainless steel, straw baskets, and glass only; specially in the kitchen.

3. I keep my kitchen clean specially the trash can. A good clean everyday to avoid nasty smells.

4. I have real plants around the house because I read they help a lot with air/oxygen quality at home.

5. I change my bed every 5 days but sometimes it takes 7 days. No more than this because you can feel a dirty bed.

6. Velvet hangers in the closet.

7. I try my best to clean the floors every 3 days if not, weekly is ok.
1 - totally agree. The odd thing can be ok but loads of cheap stuff looks naff. Buying good stuff in the sale or on offer makes all the difference.

2 - plastic is good for storage in airing cupboards etc.

3 - totally agree. I like mine clean and smelling nice.

4 - I love houseplants and researched ones for my home.

5 - I change mine every Saturday. Also make my bed daily.

6 - agree and also make sure to not have empty hangers in wardrobe.

7 - I clean floors daily. Use a swifter daily And deep clean every few days. Xxx

• Heart
Absolutely loving this thread! Just deep cleaned bathroom and kitchen cupboards and dusted all round the house.

I have to change my bed sheets most days due to profuse night sweating (had bloods done no medical reason behind it apparently just bad luck), kids get done twice a week (considering they co sleep with me dunno why I bother), vacuum everyday even if its just a quick go over, I second making sure the house is clean and tidy before bed. Start to day to a clear house and it just puts me in a better mood for the day. I use plug in scentsy stuff for smells but am considering using plants instead although I'm abit crap at keeping them alive 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️. Clean my cleaning items in bicarb and white vinager or bleach depending on what cleaning item it is. All windows as wide as possible and open for as long as possible. Please keep the hints and tips coming! A new fave thread for me! (Don't let anyone from the Marcus Mitchell thread hear me say that!).

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Absolutely loving this thread! Just deep cleaned bathroom and kitchen cupboards and dusted all round the house.

I have to change my bed sheets most days due to profuse night sweating (had bloods done no medical reason behind it apparently just bad luck), kids get done twice a week (considering they co sleep with me dunno why I bother), vacuum everyday even if its just a quick go over, I second making sure the house is clean and tidy before bed. Start to day to a clear house and it just puts me in a better mood for the day. I use plug in scentsy stuff for smells but am considering using plants instead although I'm abit crap at keeping them alive 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️. Clean my cleaning items in bicarb and white vinager or bleach depending on what cleaning item it is. All windows as wide as possible and open for as long as possible. Please keep the hints and tips coming! A new fave thread for me! (Don't let anyone from the Marcus Mitchell thread hear me say that!).
Luce, what plugin do you use?

Luce, what plugin do you use?
Oh hey beaut! Should of known I'd be immediately caught out! 😂😂 I use scentsy plug in warmers around the house and for the kids rooms they have the plug in fan things (can't remember the proper name lol) I personally like fresh clean scents and there is 1 that's really nice and strong called jammy time. Gorgeous. I got a load of cinnamon/pumpkin/spice waxes for Xmas as they was on sale and like to go the whole hog for Xmas. Scentsy is more expensive and I spent approx £120 restocking every 2/3 months on all my goodies. The scent circles are really good I have them in my bathrooms.

Reactions: 3
Oh hey beaut! Should of known I'd be immediately caught out! 😂😂 I use scentsy plug in warmers around the house and for the kids rooms they have the plug in fan things (can't remember the proper name lol) I personally like fresh clean scents and there is 1 that's really nice and strong called jammy time. Gorgeous. I got a load of cinnamon/pumpkin/spice waxes for Xmas as they was on sale and like to go the whole hog for Xmas. Scentsy is more expensive and I spent approx £120 restocking every 2/3 months on all my goodies. The scent circles are really good I have them in my bathrooms.
Ooh, I've never used Scentsy. I like fresh scents too. I really want to find something along the lime and basil lines. Shall investigate.

Thanks, beaut xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Would anyone be able to help please 😇 I have cream floor tiles in my kitchen area and they driving me mad! I got a new steam cleaner for them, a vax one where you put the solution into it and it’s leaving like a scum on top of the tiles? Does anyone have any ideas what would be best to clean them? Never ever getting cream tiles anywhere again 🤣

Would anyone be able to help please 😇 I have cream floor tiles in my kitchen area and they driving me mad! I got a new steam cleaner for them, a vax one where you put the solution into it and it’s leaving like a scum on top of the tiles? Does anyone have any ideas what would be best to clean them? Never ever getting cream tiles anywhere again 🤣
Have you tried one of the spray cleaners like method or Bona? And then steam clean over with your vax an no solution in it just water ?

Have you tried one of the spray cleaners like method or Bona? And then steam clean over with your vax an no solution in it just water ?
Oooh no! It said you had to use their cleaner in it wonder can I just use water hmmmm. I had a bona spray mop from Lakeland before but the spray bit kept breaking so they gave me my money back 🙈

Bona
Oooh no! It said you had to use their cleaner in it wonder can I just use water hmmmm. I had a bona spray mop from Lakeland before but the spray bit kept breaking so they gave me my money back 🙈
Bona now do a hand held one, I’m currently using the wooden floor And tile ones. Then I steam over the top. No residual left.
There is also a product called osmo. I have some in my cupboard not tried it yet

Reactions: 2
Bona

Bona now do a hand held one, I’m currently using the wooden floor And tile ones. Then I steam over the top. No residual left.
There is also a product called osmo. I have some in my cupboard not tried it yet
Oh no way, I must look out for the hand held one, thank you 😁😁

Which one of you bastards recommended decanting food into containers. Take a wild guess what I am currently doing and thoroughly enjoying doing. 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.