Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure it’s more than £20 to clean the oven! I think I looked once (mine is vile) and it was about £60!! I might be wrong though and definitely happy to be corrected 🤣 I’m definitely going to look to have it done at some point, it needs it so bad!
Yeah I think my cleaner charges an extra £50 to deep clean the oven
Ok i May of been optimistic with the price 🤣
I’ll enquire at my local company and report back!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
One of the best things I did was buy a oven liner to put on the bottom! Catches all the spillages and you can wash it too

agree with others about outsourcing a cleaner to do the oven! I’m going to look at getting mine done soon
unsure of prices but I’m guessing it can’t be more than £20?
money well spent I think
I had mine done before Christmas last year, £65.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Bought some Astonish cleaning paste today. Will let everyone know how it gets on, it smells absolutely incredible!

Reactions: 5
You can buy felt to stick on the bottom of your chair legs, that will stop the black marks 🙂

For a mop, I use an ecloth mini mop as we're short on space to store one. Works fine for us.

Oven - pink stuff left on for a short while then rubbed in a circular motion. If it's stubborn, I use a blade to scrape the glass, makes light work of it. For inside the oven I use oven liners, anything burnt on just comes straight off and into the bin, and they can go in the dishwasher.
Oh my goodness are you and me the same person??
I literally could of wrote this too!! 😂😂
Oven liners are life 👌👌

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I use the astonish paste but it’s the blue packet one I’ll have to give the green one a try lol. I like that they’re a paste rather than a spray that mr muscle stuff is like death in a can. I’m gonna try the astonish hob cleaner when my hob brites finished as well.

I use the astonish paste but it’s the blue packet one I’ll have to give the green one a try lol. I like that they’re a paste rather than a spray that mr muscle stuff is like death in a can. I’m gonna try the astonish hob cleaner when my hob brites finished as well.
Can you use this on induction bibs

It's a new one I'll find a pic.
It's done a pretty good job, it was on offer for £2 in Wilko

This is the one!
Thank you so much for this! I got it today! Straight home and done the sinks 🤣 came up so well… love the smell too 😍

• Heart
not necessarily cleaning, more organisation but loved this video!
Thank you for the recommendation, I enjoyed that video. Finally someone who doesn’t advertise sorting all your stuff by colors into clear plastic bins! Who actually has time for that and wants to keep it up, I’m here for easy maintenance.

Reactions: 11
I watched this recently and definitely some good tips.
For me, definitely having baskets etc really helps, can just dump all the stuff that's lying around in and it doesn't bother me when it's in the basket ( mainly my boyfriend's clothes or my cats 20 million toys 🤣) and so much easier to move out of a way for cleaning

My spray mop stopped working today so gonna have to invest in something new. Keen on the steam mop tbh

Reactions: 4
Thank you for the recommendation, I enjoyed that video. Finally someone who doesn’t advertise sorting all your stuff by colors into clear plastic bins! Who actually has time for that and wants to keep it up, I’m here for easy maintenance.
I keep getting suggested this on YouTube!

I also enjoyed this, thank you.

And thanks to this thread I got out of my funk and did a massive clean on the house, all the little jobs I put off like cleaning my makeup brushes and it feels so much nicer now

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I bought the vax mop! Going to use it later...will report back 😊

I dusted off all my books today with an old powder brush and I’m sad to say that they needed it. I think I last did this two years ago? I have many books in open shelves, but only read on my Kindle so I don’t pick them up very often and stuff gets dusty… Anyway, they’re looking very happy now, the entire thing looks much nicer than before, but its one of those things where you can’t really point your finger on what is different, just that it’s nicer now.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.