Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
83046922-AA6A-43A3-AF37-2CABE2F46BE1.png
imo you need something glass like the inspo or ceramic - neutral in colour but an interesting texture. the dunelm churchgate range is really nice, we have the sconces but they do coordinating pendant lights and table lamps. not sure which ones are easy fit though

View attachment 1753935 View attachment 1753936
View attachment 1753938 View attachment 1753939
I agree! In the end I ordered this to keep it all clean and simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Anyone n=know the best way to take up a pair of lined curtains?
How far do they need to go up? I am known for measuring curtains and blinds wrong my entire adult life 😂 so I have done a lot of adjusting in my time….

• Haha
Reactions: 3
About 10 inches.

I love the rhino on the shelve.
I’d say 10 inches needs a professional or someone who knows what they are doing. You might be able to do it if you’re handy and the fabric isn’t too heavy but I’d ask for recommendations in your local Facebook group for curtain makers or seamstresses.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone decorated for Christmas yet?
I have my tree up, would usually wait till 1st but got a few operations for my baby coming up in December so thought best to get it up. People in my estate all have lights up outside already

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have my tree up, would usually wait till 1st but got a few operations for my baby coming up in December so thought best to get it up. People in my estate all have lights up outside already
Hope all goes well with the little one and you all have a lovely family Christmas together ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Not yet. I know the too early decorations are frowned upon but I wish I was feeling even slightly festive or looking forward to anything Christmas related, so I like seeing others getting excited for the season.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
A few houses by me are decorated, looking lovely. I'll wait a bit longer. Im watching vlogs of Christmas prep to get me in the mood 🎄

When I was a kid we used to do it when we broke up for the holidays - we must have broken up much earlier back then than now, because for us that's the 21st which seems a bit late?

Counting back from Christmas to days when we're all free to do it, it looks like it'll be the afternoon of Sunday 11th for us.

When do you all take them down?

I'm sure I'm an outlier with this, I'll get them put away during the day of 31st, New Year's Eve. I like to start as I mean to go on, with clear decks. I think New Year is different and separate from Christmas. I'm also definitely not in the mood to do it the next day!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.