Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mattress preferences are so individual though, it's best to just go and try a bunch in a shop and get one that has a trial period.

Reactions: 9
When I get my new duvet I put the old duvet over my mattress protector and under my bed sheet. Then the duvet that was under the sheet previous goes to animal shelter (after I've washed it obviously).

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve not tried an Emma mattress, but I’ve always like Sealey and guests have commented how comfy it is too 🛌

Reactions: 1
seconding a sealy mattress! i have joint issues and it's so so comfy and supportive. think it's pocket sprung?

Friends, I need your help! I’m looking for an easy fit pendant or shade for the light in my living room. I’m giving it a face lift and aiming for this sort of look. I am struggling to find something shade-wise though. What sort of thing do we think would be better- an Art Deco sort of thing or a velvet drum shade?
8C304825-BC9E-497F-9C3E-6228C496B5CC.png

7D9A67AB-4FFD-472C-A1F3-CF82666EDC89.png

E68192E9-BCE7-4343-859A-D37A9DF0A636.png

Attachments

Friends, I need your help! I’m looking for an easy fit pendant or shade for the light in my living room. I’m giving it a face lift and aiming for this sort of look. I am struggling to find something shade-wise though. What sort of thing do we think would be better- an Art Deco sort of thing or a velvet drum shade? View attachment 1752028

View attachment 1752030
View attachment 1752044
Do not get anything velvet or fabric. They are a nightmare to keep dust free.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Tbh not a fan of either shade. Velvet one is basic and the mirrored one is a bit tacky (no offence if anyone has it) I think where the living room is so minimalist go for a more statement shade?

Tbh not a fan of either shade. Velvet one is basic and the mirrored one is a bit tacky (no offence if anyone has it) I think where the living room is so minimalist go for a more statement shade?
Good idea. Been trying to find something cool but it’s so hard! Answers on a postcard

Is it bad that I just close them and dust them that way? Someone tell me I'm not being a raving woman lol.
That's how I clean mine.

Mine are wide slats so any of the specific tools for them are too slim to go between the gaps so don't work

Reactions: 2
It's probably an obvious thing but once my candles stop burning but still have wax leftover,I cut them into wax melts. Get so much more of some candles now

Reactions: 7
Friends, I need your help! I’m looking for an easy fit pendant or shade for the light in my living room. I’m giving it a face lift and aiming for this sort of look. I am struggling to find something shade-wise though. What sort of thing do we think would be better- an Art Deco sort of thing or a velvet drum shade? View attachment 1752028

View attachment 1752030
View attachment 1752044
imo you need something glass like the inspo or ceramic - neutral in colour but an interesting texture. the dunelm churchgate range is really nice, we have the sconces but they do coordinating pendant lights and table lamps. not sure which ones are easy fit though

1669203848387.png
1669203862094.png

1669203911707.png
1669203950398.png

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.